PDA

View Full Version : Getting a blacked out world? This is what fixed it for me.

SebastianGomez
08-21-2013, 05:08 AM
Morning everyone! Alright so last night I dl'ed the new patch no problem and logged in to a blacked out world. Dashboarded and when I went to get back in, it wanted me to reinstall the game because my save was corrupted. I came on here in a fit of rage and trash talked Trion after reinstalling and getting the same effect (which I apologize for...kinda. It really shouldntve happened in the first place)...BUT the second time around I went into Settings > Storage and then my Harddrive where the game data was stored and deleted EVERYTHING Defiance except the season pass. Re-installed and patched and the game worked perfectly. Hopefully this helps anyone else having this problem.

tinnymoonwalker
08-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Thanks for your advice, hopefully this will help others out. I've tried this and still keep getting patch error.

Ghost Daze
08-21-2013, 06:04 AM
OK I just got on.

I deleted the 'corrupt data' from xbox storage. turn xbox off and back on, loaded Defiance and was prompt to intall game.
Took good 2 hours and am now in game, darkness gone and all seems ok at moment, i even see a siege icon on map :P

Hoping other players go through smooth too, good luck.

~Ghost~

SebastianGomez
08-21-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks for your advice, hopefully this will help others out. I've tried this and still keep getting patch error.

Damn man was hoping that would work for ya. Maybe try deleteing everything including the Season Pass? If you delete season pass, you can go to the Games tab, Browse Games and then Search. Search for Defiance, the Season Pass should be your second option to select and redownload it for free and then try reinstalling? Good luck dude hope you get back on soon.

Raver Wolfe
08-21-2013, 06:57 AM
I only deleted the Corrupted Gamesave and that fixed it for me. It also only took like 2 minutes for the game to reinstall. Not sure whats going on but at least your trying to be helpful and not Crying like 90% of the people on the forums lately xD. Gunna stop coming on here if it keeps up rofl.

tinnymoonwalker
08-21-2013, 07:14 AM
FINALLY!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!! I had to delete everything twice but it worked this time. Thanks Gomez

SebastianGomez
08-21-2013, 07:33 AM
FINALLY!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!! I had to delete everything twice but it worked this time. Thanks Gomez

Thats whats up man glad that worked out for ya! Played for about a hour or so last night before bed and loved the DLC so far. Only did one arena so far have yet to experience the new ark falls but heard good things

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2013, 07:55 AM
This solution worked for me, as well... deleted everything other than the game install data and the season pass data. I still think the juice wasn't worth the squeeze, though. From what I had a chance to play last night/this morning, the DLC is average - at best.

SebastianGomez
08-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Im just glad theres new stuff to do really. Should keep me occupied for a little while I hope.