PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight...

Villain
08-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Aye guys!

So I'm just downloading and patching up right now, and I know that I'll probably have to go through a **** storm to have this all done but whatever I'm not too bothered since I don't even take this game seriously any more. But more importantly I wanted to confirm as I saw it somewhere here on the forums, are the new weapons (charge pack) added available to everyone? Even those who didn't purchase the DLC/Season pass? I mean if so that's stupid as **** seriously. Because it isn't at all fair for those of us who paid and is simply taking the piss! Lastly I wanted to ask the new vehicle added, is it available to drive straight off or does it have to be bought with scrip first?

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 06:04 AM
Aye guys!

So I'm just downloading and patching up right now, and I know that I'll probably have to go through a **** storm to have this all done but whatever I'm not too bothered since I don't even take this game seriously any more. But more importantly I wanted to confirm as I saw it somewhere here on the forums, are the new weapons (charge pack) added available to everyone? Even those who didn't purchase the DLC/Season pass? I mean if so that's stupid as **** seriously. Because it isn't at all fair for those of us who paid and is simply taking the piss! Lastly I wanted to ask the new vehicle added, is it available to drive straight off or does it have to be bought with scrip first?

Yes you can get the new weapons without having the paid for side of the DLC as drops and rewards from arkfalls and lockboxes. Paid for folks get a box of starter charge weapons and can get from the other stuff the blade too without waiting for lockbox or arkfalls respectively.

If you paid for the DLC you claim the vehicle from the bits store like you do when your inventory is max on weapons etc and just load it from there.(Though after 5 min you'll go back to another roller or your charger :P).

Villain
08-21-2013, 06:09 AM
Yes you can get the new weapons without having the paid for side of the DLC as drops and rewards from arkfalls and lockboxes. Paid for folks get a box of starter charge weapons and can get from the other stuff the blade too without waiting for lockbox or arkfalls respectively.

If you paid for the DLC you claim the vehicle from the bits store like you do when your inventory is max on weapons etc and just load it from there.(Though after 5 min you'll go back to another roller or your charger :P).

Oh god, is it that bad? :( Seriously I don't understand the point if free users are getting the same content as those who paid. I mean I could give a rats *** about the new race and whatever ******** they've put in. If anything I was just looking forward to the new vehicles and weapons. Now even that seems like a complete waste and a ****ing joke.

Gomly
08-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Charge weapons are available to everyone but dlc purchasers get some free ones to start with.

Edit - people who didn't purchase the dlc also have access to the charge blade from a tier 4 lock box.

Nadar
08-21-2013, 06:30 AM
Oh god, is it that bad? :( Seriously I don't understand the point if free users are getting the same content as those who paid. I mean I could give a rats *** about the new race and whatever ******** they've put in. If anything I was just looking forward to the new vehicles and weapons. Now even that seems like a complete waste and a ****ing joke.

Another exaggerated rant. Granted, the paid DLC content was light but it doesn't deserve this type of rant or all the other forum topics created by the negative minority. If you don't like what the paid DLC contains, don't buy it. If you bought the season pass, it was only $8 (and less if you got it via the Steam pre-sale promotion) which in the grand scheme of things is not much.

The overall content that was released yesterday were solid extensions to the game...I don't really care that a lot of the best features were free to everyone.

Villain
08-21-2013, 06:31 AM
Charge weapons are available to everyone but dlc purchasers get some free ones to start with.

Edit - people who didn't purchase the dlc also have access to the charge blade from a tier 4 lock box.

That's exactly my point lol, either ways they'll eventually end up getting it. If you look at it this way, we basically only paid to get them early.

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 06:39 AM

The operative words here being "you can" but you might not. You also might get other charge weapons-I don't know that you can get the specific ones that buyers get with the DLC. For instance, I got the one pistol with the paid content, but got another as a drop at a siege-the one at the siege was a "Haar" which is not the same (doesn't act the same as the one from the paid content). The different charge weapons all have charge capabilities but it seems they do different things when charged. The Haar shoots out lots of projectiles like a Fragger.

I got the Raptor right away-all things were in my defiance store claim area. It is a lot of fun if you get with 3 friends and ride around. Yes, it drives like a tank but well you make your own fun and go with it. I was with a great group last night and they have the right attitude. It's a game. Have some fun. Lighten up people and stop acting like it's the end of the world because the Raptor doesn't have a turret and doesn't speed off like a low flying jet. It doesn't have a turret probably because Trion was concerned about what that might mean for the game-those with it might run to use it at arkfalls and old complaints would re-surface. It's slow because it's heavy and the fuel used isn't your high octane petroleum stuff you're used to.

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Another exaggerated rant. Granted, the paid DLC content was light but it doesn't deserve this type of rant or all the other forum topics created by the negative minority. If you don't like what the paid DLC contains, don't buy it. If you bought the season pass, it was only $8 (and less if you got it via the Steam pre-sale promotion) which in the grand scheme of things is not much.

The overall content that was released yesterday were solid extensions to the game...I don't really care that a lot of the best features were free to everyone.

Yep. $8 for stuff is fine with me, given that in some other games you pay double (at least) and end up just getting new maps to do the same old stuff in.

BTW, love the Volge rifle from the sieges. I had a lot of fun playing last night and that's what games are supposed to be about--fun. I don't care what others got. I made the choice for me and got extra stuff for it. My money. My choice.

eridian
08-21-2013, 06:47 AM
you paid for the raptor hahahaha. its actually true, the cars in bit store are $10....guess how much the dlc costs lol. so yeah you pretty much just paid for the raptor since mostly everything else was free.

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Yep. $8 for stuff is fine with me, given that in some other games you pay double (at least) and end up just getting new maps to do the same old stuff in.

BTW, love the Volge rifle from the sieges. I had a lot of fun playing last night and that's what games are supposed to be about--fun. I don't care what others got. I made the choice for me and got extra stuff for it. My money. My choice.

Well.. let's break this down then:
In other games you pay "double".. really? I've never paid $16 for part 1 of a 5 part DLC cycle before. Ever. Not once. Now, I have paid $20 for a full game EXPANSION, which was a true expansion of a game, not just some add-ins, bug fixes, and new skins. We're talking HUNDREDS of new missions and hundreds of hours of new content to explore. Not some 3 data recorder plot line that takes 10 minutes to finish.

What your saying is that, realistically, we shouldn't care that our $8 basically get's us the charge pack about 30 minutes earlier than people who didn't pay for the DLC, and that we should be happy for that. Really? Really? Your kidding right?

This season pass was marketed as a 5 pack DLC.. they've got 4 more to get us some real meat and potatoes content here.. not more bug fixes.. not more "mostly freebie's early" crap.. and not more double speak and misleading comments.

This DLC, at any price, is nothing short of an epic letdown. The fact that you see it as "money well spent", just goes to show that you have as much of a disconnect with your fellow gamers as the developers of this game do.

Elric1
08-21-2013, 07:06 AM
you paid for the raptor hahahaha. its actually true, the cars in bit store are $10....guess how much the dlc costs lol. so yeah you pretty much just paid for the raptor since mostly everything else was free.

except I want to customize my char and there is no claims for it I mean screw the raptor.

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Ok.. let's break this down into a cost analsys then.. since your supposedly a business and retail minded person, this should make sense to you.

Items in DLC:
Raptor
New Race
New Outfit
Ability to change anything on character
New Weapons (Charge weapons)
New Weapons box at launch
New Arkfall types (Dark Matter Major and Minor)
Volge Sieges
Arenas
New "Storyline content"

Ok.. so that's the meat and potatoes of the new DLC. Of those things, EVERYONE get's the Sieges, arkfalls, and access to the new weapons, so let's take those out of the list, as well as the "change anything" which can be purchased for bits, to come up with this:
New "Storyline content"
New Race
New Outfit
Raptor
Arena

At this point, doing just base analsys you have 5 items that have cost you $8, so still not too bad. However, the problem here is what you GET for that $8.

You get a "truck of doom", that has been remodeled into something that looks more like the yugo of the gaming world. It's now commonly panned, and almost universally hated. So you can remove that from the list.

You get a new playable race, and while they look ok by most peoples standards, since all you can really do is look at the back of your head, and the rest of your outfit for that matter, it's quite honestly a waste of effort and time. With that, you can remove the race and outfit from the list as well.

The "new storyline content" is really nothing more than 3 data recorders that allow you access to the arenas. By ANYONE's standards, in ANY TYPE OF GAME, 3 data recorders is NOT CONTENT. Your literally looking at less than 5 minutes of play time to access this new feature. The Arena's, while somewhat of a challenge, can be gone through in less than an hour. I'll be generous and say that the data recorders, as well as leveling all 5 stages of arena's to silver, will take the average player an hour to complete.

So.. in essense, you've paid $8 for an HOUR's worth of gaming experience. An HOUR. This isn't even powerleveling or noob-tubing.. this is the AVERAGE GAMER's HOUR.

If, as a so called business person, you think that $8 for an hours worth of "new content" is a good deal, then that's up to you. I think however, you'll find yourself in the severe minority of that mindset.

Xaaz
08-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Ok.. let's break this down into a cost analsys then.. since your supposedly a business and retail minded person, this should make sense to you.

Items in DLC:
Raptor
New Race
New Outfit
Ability to change anything on character
New Weapons (Charge weapons)
New Weapons box at launch
New Arkfall types (Dark Matter Major and Minor)
Volge Sieges
Arenas
New "Storyline content"

Ok.. so that's the meat and potatoes of the new DLC. Of those things, EVERYONE get's the Sieges, arkfalls, and access to the new weapons, so let's take those out of the list, as well as the "change anything" which can be purchased for bits, to come up with this:
New "Storyline content"
New Race
New Outfit
Raptor
Arena

At this point, doing just base analsys you have 5 items that have cost you $8, so still not too bad. However, the problem here is what you GET for that $8.

You get a "truck of doom", that has been remodeled into something that looks more like the yugo of the gaming world. It's now commonly panned, and almost universally hated. So you can remove that from the list.

You get a new playable race, and while they look ok by most peoples standards, since all you can really do is look at the back of your head, and the rest of your outfit for that matter, it's quite honestly a waste of effort and time. With that, you can remove the race and outfit from the list as well.

The "new storyline content" is really nothing more than 3 data recorders that allow you access to the arenas. By ANYONE's standards, in ANY TYPE OF GAME, 3 data recorders is NOT CONTENT. Your literally looking at less than 5 minutes of play time to access this new feature. The Arena's, while somewhat of a challenge, can be gone through in less than an hour. I'll be generous and say that the data recorders, as well as leveling all 5 stages of arena's to silver, will take the average player an hour to complete.

So.. in essense, you've paid $8 for an HOUR's worth of gaming experience. An HOUR. This isn't even powerleveling or noob-tubing.. this is the AVERAGE GAMER's HOUR.

If, as a so called business person, you think that $8 for an hours worth of "new content" is a good deal, then that's up to you. I think however, you'll find yourself in the severe minority of that mindset.

I'm not going to sit and argue with you since all you want to do is whine.

New truck - I happen to like the fact that I can drive around with 4 people. New truck in the bits store $10....
New race - Meh, I won't use it but it is still there. Again, other games charge for their races, even if it is just a reskin.
Race change - Most games charge anywhere from $10 - $15 in their store
Arenas - They aren't a one time use. You can play them over and over as much as you like. That's worth more than $10 - again in my opinion.

I understand your frustration if you don't feel you received value for what you paid. However, adding it into every thread on the forums makes you look like a fool. It's like the people that post goodbye threads but continue to read the forums (or play) for months on end.

Villain
08-21-2013, 08:16 AM
That is perfectly within your right to do so. It doesn't really even bother me when people vent and get it out of their system if they feel they did not get what they expected. However, the only reason I even entered this thread is because the same clown is crying in every single thread. I mean, how attention starved do you have to be to create a thread just to tell people that you are no longer a fainboi and have moved to the dark side. I actually feel bad for him.

Lol, that was seriously just pathetic. I didn't make this thread to attract attention so I honestly do not know where the **** on earth you picked that one up from. Secondly like I said I do not take this game seriously, you don't see me moaning, complaining, sending abuse towards Trion just because my patch didn't work out or I ended up with a critical error. Whatever is going to happen, will happen. I'm just going along with it. I stopped playing this game a while back but, I thought since I spent money on the season pass why not come back and see what new content they have on offer now. Who knows I might just start playing again. Yeah so it bothered me a little when I found out the FIRST DLC free content was almost offering pretty much just as good content as the paid content for free, apart from the new races and what not that I couldn't care less about. Why? Because out of all the games season passes I have purchased I got the value,quality and quantity I paid for, which therefore gives a reason and purpose for spending money in the first place. I still don't blame Trion for this neither will I hold it against them. I obviously accept my own mistake/foolishness into rushing like I always do with ANY game and buying out their season passes and whatever else they have to offer. But for you to come and call me out in my own thread and make these ill judgements is truly idiotic and pathetic.

"However, the only reason I even entered this thread is because the same clown is crying in every single thread."

That statement just spoke for itself. It's evident you truly are an imbecile. So let me ask which other thread have you specifically seen ME in forcing negative abuse. I mean it has to be somewhere, otherwise your ******** would actually be worthy of notice and make the slightest of sense. You're really asking for this aren't you? Didn't know others gripes and moans entertain you hence why you spend so much of your time reading and talking **** out of your ***.

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm not going to sit and argue with you since all you want to do is whine.

New truck - I happen to like the fact that I can drive around with 4 people. New truck in the bits store $10....
New race - Meh, I won't use it but it is still there. Again, other games charge for their races, even if it is just a reskin.
Race change - Most games charge anywhere from $10 - $15 in their store
Arenas - They aren't a one time use. You can play them over and over as much as you like. That's worth more than $10 - again in my opinion.

I understand your frustration if you don't feel you received value for what you paid. However, adding it into every thread on the forums makes you look like a fool. It's like the people that post goodbye threads but continue to read the forums (or play) for months on end.

Perhaps you didn't read my original thread carefully enough... It was NOT a good bye thread, and I specifically stated it as such. It's like people who make alternate accounts on forums so they can post their real feelings about someone or something.. the truth generally comes out in the wash. You'd think that people who do such things would learn to write posts in a different fashion.. or create accounts MONTHS in advance.. or even better.. to just have the spine to say what they think in their own name. I dunno.. maybe that's just me indulging in the pipe dream again... Quick.. someone get me a cookie and some OJ stat!

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Perhaps you didn't read my original thread carefully enough... It was NOT a good bye thread, and I specifically stated it as such. It's like people who make alternate accounts on forums so they can post their real feelings about someone or something.. the truth generally comes out in the wash. You'd think that people who do such things would learn to write posts in a different fashion.. or create accounts MONTHS in advance.. or even better.. to just have the spine to say what they think in their own name. I dunno.. maybe that's just me indulging in the pipe dream again... Quick.. someone get me a cookie and some OJ stat!

Perhaps you should take your own words to heart and actually read what s/he said-never said you created a goodbye thread but that it was LIKE the people that post goodbye threads. The operative word being LIKE.

And apparently because that poster does not fit with your timeline of proper posting etiquette what is said is invalid? Why don't you just come out and say what you mean, since you're now more than implying someone has created an alternate account in order to troll you. If that's the case then Trion could ban by IP-it's how we did it on other forums for spambots and alts.

Just so you know it is not me using an alt and you can check to see who has viewed that profile. Or, you can choose to give into paranoia and just think whatever.

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Perhaps you should take your own words to heart and actually read what s/he said-never said you created a goodbye thread but that it was LIKE the people that post goodbye threads. The operative word being LIKE.

And apparently because that poster does not fit with your timeline of proper posting etiquette what is said is invalid? Why don't you just come out and say what you mean, since you're now more than implying someone has created an alternate account in order to troll you. If that's the case then Trion could ban by IP-it's how we did it on other forums for spambots and alts.

Just so you know it is not me using an alt and you can check to see who has viewed that profile. Or, you can choose to give into paranoia and just think whatever.

Weeeeee.. Paranoia is my best friend!

Oh.. and Mrs. Forum mod-god, your attempt at trying to troll not withstanding, any gamer with 10 minutes behind a keyboard can tell you how to switch an IP, and any mod anywhere can tell you how easy it is to do. Nice try in attempting to impress me, and anyone else who's still listening to you, of how awesomesauce you are :)

here.. please.. take my cookie, it's got too many nuts in it for me, but I'm sure you'll love it :)

Gomly
08-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Oh.. and Mrs. Forum mod-god,

I think Indra's a bloke.

We all know there are no wimminz on the internets.

Xaaz
08-21-2013, 08:45 AM

This is my computer account. I just moved to PC 3 weeks ago. I played on Xbox since release but have since gotten rid of it due to the third red ring. I don't make fake accounts, I feel no need to. My in game name is Pyxie Stix so feel free to verify that. Unlike most posters, I don't hide behind accounts.

Now that my information is out there, what other conspiracy theories do you want to throw around?

Xaaz
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Lol, that was seriously just pathetic. I didn't make this thread to attract attention so I honestly do not know where the **** on earth you picked that one up from. Secondly like I said I do not take this game seriously, you don't see me moaning, complaining, sending abuse towards Trion just because my patch didn't work out or I ended up with a critical error. Whatever is going to happen, will happen. I'm just going along with it. I stopped playing this game a while back but, I thought since I spent money on the season pass why not come back and see what new content they have on offer now. Who knows I might just start playing again. Yeah so it bothered me a little when I found out the FIRST DLC free content was almost offering pretty much just as good content as the paid content for free, apart from the new races and what not that I couldn't care less about. Why? Because out of all the games season passes I have purchased I got the value,quality and quantity I paid for, which therefore gives a reason and purpose for spending money in the first place. I still don't blame Trion for this neither will I hold it against them. I obviously accept my own mistake/foolishness into rushing like I always do with ANY game and buying out their season passes and whatever else they have to offer. But for you to come and call me out in my own thread and make these ill judgements is truly idiotic and pathetic.

"However, the only reason I even entered this thread is because the same clown is crying in every single thread."

That statement just spoke for itself. It's evident you truly are an imbecile. So let me ask which other thread have you specifically seen ME in forcing negative abuse. I mean it has to be somewhere, otherwise your ******** would actually be worthy of notice and make the slightest of sense. You're really asking for this aren't you? Didn't know others gripes and moans entertain you hence why you spend so much of your time reading and talking **** out of your ***.

Read my post. I didn't say you made this thread to attract attention. I said the other guy that's been posting all over the place made a thread. Reading comprehension is hard, I know.