PDA

View Full Version : A question about the raptor

Rogue13
08-21-2013, 06:11 AM
The raptor is a large vehicle, described as durable, but does less ram damage and has lower hitpoints than the "low durability" buggy. Not sure how this makes any sense... ?

AngersRevenge
08-21-2013, 07:01 AM
I was able to hit a Volge and not destroy the vehicle. Had a sliver of life left, that a skitterling would have finished it off but it survived. On a buggy it would have exploded. It doesn't have the get up and go nor the climb rate of a buggy though. At least that is what I saw in game and not looking at the stats.

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 07:07 AM
The raptor needs to be balanced.. period.

Sure.. it's bigger and holds more people, so by mere laws of physics, it should be slower and have a lower climb rate than a lighter and nimbler buggy that only holds 2 people and is 1/2 the size.

However.. since the raptor IS bigger and slower than the little buggy, it should also have more structural components, meaning a larger amount of raw materials went into making it, thus it has more physicial mass, and should have larger hitpoints and ram damage than the lighter and smaller buggy.

Otherwise.. the Raptor, to me, just feels like a reskinned version of the Nomad. It's definitely NOT worth my $8 DLC price, and it's definitely NOT, as it sits now, a vehicle I would have purchased from the bit store. It is definitely NOT the "truck of doom" that it was originally panned and promoted as.. it's the "truck of... uhm.. huh.. what"

Yun
08-21-2013, 08:14 AM
I seen people say the Raptor handles like a tank, but I had no problem with controlling it granted my roller level is at like 17 or 18 at the moment. Only problem I noticed is it takes corners somewhat like the Dodge cars.

August Barkley
08-21-2013, 08:52 AM
This truck was worth the name CRAPTOR.

WARDUKE
08-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Someone send a digital copy of Jurassic Park to Trion development team. :D

Raptors are fast and agile.

Please change the stats of the Raptor to function more like an ATV, but with the HPs of a buggy. Make it the most fun vehicle to drive in the game. Do that and I will buy the first DLC no problem.

Shadinaxx
08-21-2013, 06:57 PM
I actually like the raptor. Just wish the passengers could use their own weapons while onboard.