PDA

View Full Version : Where is the communication now? Day 2

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Ok guys, I am going to start a new thread because now it is DAY 2.....

PS3 Servers are down
Still No DLC
X-Box is having issues as well...

I more then understand that you are all hands on deck with this SNAFU, but how about one staffer come in here and give us a proper update. (With some actual information)

Every hour that this goes on, you are loosing paying customers. Some may return, others will not. Up until the last post last night, the updates were filled with non-information and ever extending ETAs.

Patience is wearing thin if you can't tell from the tone of the forums. The Mods are going to have a lot of threads to lock and move when they get into work.

Personally I am trying to stay on your side from all of the beautiful changes I saw last night (Before that crash) and this morning (before that one) I want to come in here and give you the hugest post of praise and thanks for all of the cool things in the free side of the DLC and the patch...... BUT..... non-working servers, still no DLC, and again no Communication are keeping me from doing that.

Edit:
Adding link to "Official Thread"
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?124807-Update-on-the-NA-PS3-Server

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 08:40 AM
There's seeming radio silence on the rift forums and their twitter accounts too. I can only assume they're in a meeting.

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Yeah is still not 9AM on the west coast, but I would think in a situation like this, all hands would be on deck to resolve the issues.

hardy83
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM
It's like a child screaming at their parents to look when they are already looking. lol
Only the child keeps screaming because the parent doesn't say "yes dear. I'm here and looking".

Rasczak
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM
There's seeming radio silence on the rift forums and their twitter accounts too. I can only assume they're in a meeting.

Maybe the meeting is: ohmygodohmygodohmygodwho'sHartsmangonnafirethistim e?

**Rift team members look at remaining Defiance team members and smirk**

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Ras, you might not want to post "What happens in meetings" LOL
I got banned for 3 days my last time I tried that.
No sense of humor in that office today.

Rasczak
08-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Ras, you might not want to post "What happens in meetings" LOL
I got banned for 3 days my last time I tried that.
No sense of humor in that office today.

In the first 6 months of launch of DC Universe Online (PC Side) I got 3 day bans on those forums at least once a month. Like with Defiance, the first 8 months (at least) of DCUO launch deserved it.

So, they forum ban me for a joke. *shrug*. Not my first rodeo.

Not like it'll stop me from spending money on the game, after all. I'm not doing that anyway. Zero confidence in Trion right now. But that is of their own doing. I was a loyal Trion customer since Rift's launch in 2011.

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 08:54 AM
In the first 6 months of launch of DC Universe Online (PC Side) I got 3 day bans on those forums at least once a month. Like with Defiance, the first 8 months (at least) of DCUO launch deserved it.

So, they forum ban me for a joke. *shrug*. Not my first rodeo.

Not like it'll stop me from spending money on the game, after all. I'm not doing that anyway. Zero confidence in Trion right now.

I know, I hear ya.
Somehow those with the mod panels just don't find some of the things I post too funny, LOL

Rasczak
08-21-2013, 08:56 AM
I know, I hear ya.
Somehow those with the mod panels just don't find some of the things I post too funny, LOL

There was one magic phrase that would get me banned each time on the DCUO forums.

All I had to do was post, November 2005: SOE asked for every bit they get from the consumer base now.

I could literally count down to the 3-day ban notice. :p

Flank
08-21-2013, 08:57 AM
I know, I hear ya.

Maybe they havent seen your unicorn pic yet. :D

thanatos144
08-21-2013, 08:58 AM
It would be nice if we even knew someone told us SOMETHING . I am not one to complain about these things because lets face it it is just a game but I had two days off in a row from work and that's very rare and the fact that I haven't been able to play this game on BOTH DAYS is irritating to say the least.

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Maybe they havent seen your unicorn pic yet. :D

LOL
Well I do believe it violates the CoC, so I was going to change it, but what the heck.
I could use an excuse not to read these forums while I wait for the Servers to come back up.

Upinya Slayin
08-21-2013, 09:03 AM

PS3 Servers are down
Still No DLC

I more then understand that you are all hands on deck with this SNAFU, but how about one staffer come in here and give us a proper update. (With some actual information)

Every hour that this goes on, you are loosing paying customers. Some may return, others will not. Up until the last post last night, the updates were filled with non-information and ever extending ETAs.

Patience is wearing thin if you can't tell from the tone of the forums. The Mods are going to have a lot of threads to lock and move when they get into work.

Personally I am trying to stay on your side from all of the beautiful changes I saw last night (Before that crash) and this morning (before that one) I want to come in here and give you the hugest post of praise and thanks for all of the cool things in the free side of the DLC and the patch...... BUT..... non-working servers, still no DLC, and again no Communication are keeping me from doing that.

Edit:

The PS3 server issue is due to sony, as well as the DLC
The xbox issues are just the normal defiance lag BS that make the arena as unplayable as sieges when they first came out. I don't expect it fixed already

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Maybe the meeting is: ohmygodohmygodohmygodwho'sHartsmangonnafirethistim e?

**Rift team members look at remaining Defiance team members and smirk**

I was thinking more along the lines of a Comcast Ventures mantra but.. what do I know :P

HELL_HAMMER_76
08-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Well Trav at least your little brother Jimmy has your back when you get your 'vacations' from the forums.

PurePlayinSerb
08-21-2013, 09:05 AM

PS3 Servers are down
Still No DLC

Edit:

i remember when i thought the dlc was good too, about 5 hours later i was like man what a rip off

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Well Trav at least your little brother Jimmy has your back when you get your 'vacations' from the forums.

Not anymore, LOL.
Bans are by IP now.

And as Jimmy is in the same house as me...... we both get banned.

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 09:07 AM
The PS3 server issue is due to sony, as well as the DLC
The xbox issues are just the normal defiance lag BS that make the arena as unplayable as sieges when they first came out. I don't expect it fixed already

I disagree. The server being down is all on Trion. DLC is Sony. X-Box.... Trion again.
I would have said last nights initial downtime extension was Sony, but the crash last night and again this morning is all on Trion.

eridian
08-21-2013, 09:08 AM
LOL
Well I do believe it violates the CoC, so I was going to change it, but what the heck.
I could use an excuse not to read these forums while I wait for the Servers to come back up.

CoC and "violates" means somthing VERY different online. if you know what i am talking about you get some "honey"

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 09:09 AM
CoC and "violates" means somthing VERY different if you google it lol

Thanks, now I have to go look......

Edit..... well that was a waste.
Nothing as shocking as I was expecting

Scarldragon
08-21-2013, 09:12 AM
I guess it's safe to say, that after a patch should wait til atleast 3 or 4 days to fix, all the clusteryaknowwhat is getting old and at a rapid pace

eridian
08-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks, now I have to go look......

well you need the right key words but its not SFW, edited my post too since googling JUST that didnt get intended result edit: one C is champion. again VERY NSFW

Iceberg
08-21-2013, 09:13 AM
After a successful patch day the team was out celebrating. Today they are all hung over and called in sick!

Flank
08-21-2013, 09:13 AM
LOL

A picture of a optimistic unicorn pooping a rainbow with a relaivent pun should never break any forum CoC.
I think it is the least of their worries..

TravelerX1
08-21-2013, 09:14 AM
After an unsuccessful patch day the team was out commiserating. Today they are all hung over and called in sick!

I fixed that for ya ;)

T_Archangel
08-21-2013, 09:21 AM
I just think SOMEONE OFFICIAL needs to get on here and let us know exactly what the frak is wrong. I know player on PC with issues, PS3 NA is totally unplayable as you cannot log in at all & still no full DLC & now I hear there are issues on the X360 side of the fishbowl... Damage control here ladies & gents @ Trion. Keep us informed about what is wrong, what you're doing to remedy it and give us at least a reasonable ETA on when things will be right (one that you can reasonably achieve so there are no more issues about time etc)...

Some of us do really like your game, and many of us totally understand that when programmers are coding that things happen. But speak to us here. Thus far on PS3 NA I've only managed maybe 2-2.5 hours of server up time in the last 24. That's not good but we'd understand and maybe some would chill if we were fed some info.

C'mon We know you're really "Trion" to get it right and fixed but give us some info so we aren't in the dark. All comes back to communication guys...

T_Archangel
08-21-2013, 09:23 AM
After a successful patch day the team was out celebrating. Today they are all hung over and called in sick!

Sounds totally and completely reasonable to me *cues theme songs from "The Office" & "Workaholics"...*

thanatos144
08-21-2013, 09:23 AM
They dont know..... I am betting you the reason we are not hearing anything is because they dont know what is going on and why it is broke.

Iceberg
08-21-2013, 09:25 AM
I fixed that for ya ;)

I'm trion to stay positive though....

Tyger
08-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech it's day 1. You can't count the day of as anything until the dust settles. Gotta' give all the victims time to pry themselves loose from the wreckage.

dahanese
08-21-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm closing this thread because we have one thread about this. There is no reason to start another - in fact it will actually hurt your ability to find me and the other folks talking with you and split the conversation.

Don't do this.