PDA

View Full Version : Decoy - i think it needs minor adjusting

DS Triggah
04-01-2013, 01:28 AM
personally i think decoy when activated should run in the direction a little bit stop and shoot fake bullets to a random target. would be a good choice for pvp and just look a bit better over all any thoughts guys?

Mcdragon
04-01-2013, 01:36 AM
if it was to do that then decoy would have to mimic exactly what you look like to. instead of looking like a hologram

DS Triggah
04-01-2013, 01:41 AM
?? your telling me in PvP hologram is what u see which means decoy is usless?? the enemy dosnt see a holagram...

Senel
04-01-2013, 01:43 AM
if it was to do that then decoy would have to mimic exactly what you look like to. instead of looking like a hologram

It should look exactly like you it's annoying enough in PvP in GW2 it could save a lot of lives & add more value to it as a PvP skill & as a PvE skill.

Clarkeh
04-01-2013, 03:33 AM
Hmm i was under the impression the decoy skill actually showed a copy of you and not a hologram to the enemy in pvp?

Vafer
04-01-2013, 03:36 AM
Maybe they do not want it to be a pvp skill and thus keep it as a hologram?

ANTI
04-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Many times in pvp I wasted a grenade, active skill, or time shooting a decoy thinking I was about to get a kill. And the fact that you can swap places with the decoy creates a fair amount of tactical options. What needs to be fixed are the technical issues that can occur while using it. But in the hands of a skilled player this ability can be devastating.

VanValdenburg
04-01-2013, 04:17 AM
decoy is fine as it is, any changes you describe will make it unbalanced.

Mcdragon
04-01-2013, 04:21 AM
sorry i shouldve clarified. I wasnt positive if it showed up as a holo or not. my fault

DS Triggah
04-01-2013, 04:22 AM
unbalanced are you joking some people just dont see things do they lol... a decoy runs in a direct strieght line people know there are decoys about and this is very nonhuman like behaviour in a game so it dose need a change and i think a decoy running for a couple of seconds then randomly shooting is still obvious a decoy but looks better than running foward in a 8v8 pvp or 16vs16 or 64vs64.

Ratts
04-01-2013, 05:30 AM
It would be cool if either investing more points in Decoy added some AI to it, or maybe as a separate perk you could feat. Even if not the 'turns and shoots', maybe a decoy that ducks and jukes as if trying to evade attacks or as op suggests looks more realistic.

ANTI
04-01-2013, 05:47 AM
a decoy runs in a direct strieght line people know there are decoys about and this is very nonhuman like behaviour in a game
You're not seeing the tactical advantage in this. You can swap places with your decoy. In pvp, a decoy will confuse an enemy at first but then quickly be ignored once being revealed as a decoy. This allows you to move unexpected to an area and get a healthy jump on an enemy or allow for an retreat, further increasing their paranoia.

Pragmatic
04-01-2013, 06:02 AM
personally i think decoy when activated should run in the direction a little bit stop and shoot fake bullets to a random target. would be a good choice for pvp and just look a bit better over all any thoughts guys?

That would make it hideously overused ad over powered, not to mention encouraging unhealthy amounts of camping.

dirtyklingon
04-01-2013, 06:05 AM
it doesn't need adjustment. at least not right away.

it's basicalyl gw2 mesmer all over again. so many people are going to whine about how OP it is because they are unable and unwilling to learn how to fight it.

then 6 months down the road they will magically learn over night and it will be weakest power in the game for pvp.

RawrKitty
04-01-2013, 06:11 AM
so much ****ing whine in this thread, OP.

First of all, this doesnt belong in the pc section, for it pertains to the game in general.

secondly, decoy is one of the strongest skills in pvp right now, the swap is INVALUABLE for getting out of situations safely, if you dont know how to make proper use of it you shouldent be playing pvp, go back to carebear dungeons please.

and thirdly, decoy works fine as a distraction, just have it run away from people, it looks like the player is running away.

KodiakX
04-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Pretty sure the main functionality for PvP is the ability to warp around not necessarily fool anyone.

dirtyklingon
04-01-2013, 06:23 AM
Pretty sure the main functionality for PvP is the ability to warp around not necessarily fool anyone.

youd be surprised how effective decoy/clone type abilities are in these games. in pvp

DS Triggah
04-01-2013, 06:24 AM
i would love a pvp match against you any time and i would put any money on me being alot better than you :O and over all didnt really think of the swap places with decoy it would work nicely but other powers are better to use for my play style anyway maybe prefer it to cloak but blurr and power would be my pvp choice
so much ****ing whine in this thread, OP.

First of all, this doesnt belong in the pc section, for it pertains to the game in general.

secondly, decoy is one of the strongest skills in pvp right now, the swap is INVALUABLE for getting out of situations safely, if you dont know how to make proper use of it you shouldent be playing pvp, go back to carebear dungeons please.

and thirdly, decoy works fine as a distraction, just have it run away from people, it looks like the player is running away.

DS Triggah
04-01-2013, 06:26 AM
gw2 seriopusly are we talking about gw2 that game died with me along time ago after acumalting about 3000 badges with **** all to spend on them in wvw and being in one of the best teir one guilds wasnt fun because it was just win mode all the time this game is completely different and decoy is nothing like a magical dungeons and dragons game
it doesn't need adjustment. at least not right away.

it's basicalyl gw2 mesmer all over again. so many people are going to whine about how OP it is because they are unable and unwilling to learn how to fight it.

then 6 months down the road they will magically learn over night and it will be weakest power in the game for pvp.

RawrKitty
04-01-2013, 06:28 AM
i would love a pvp match against you any time and i would put any money on me being alot better than you :O

i enjoy stomping callouts, what fps's do you play?

dirtyklingon
04-01-2013, 06:30 AM
get on my level.

do you even lift?

RawrKitty
04-01-2013, 06:34 AM
get on my level.

do you even lift?

bro.

bro.

do you even shoot?

DS Triggah
04-01-2013, 06:34 AM
yes kitty lets do it what ever you want me and you one on one your choice :D:D
i enjoy stomping callouts, what fps's do you play?

dirtyklingon
04-01-2013, 06:35 AM
bro.

bro.

do you even shoot?

how does shot web?

RawrKitty
04-01-2013, 06:42 AM
yes kitty lets do it what ever you want me and you one on one your choice :D:D

sadly csgo is the only fps i play, im more of an rts player, havent had a good shooter to play hence why im playing defiance come launch, but ill play you on csgo if you play it.

how does shot web?

clearly with an infector

DS Triggah
04-01-2013, 06:45 AM
kitty i got cs source if ya wanna play adamtubby89 is my steam or Tubby not sure chuck us an add also i have csgo but my computer bluescreens on all new gen valve games very annoying tried fixing it for 2 weeks with everything failing ive given up until i get a new computer
sadly csgo is the only fps i play, im more of an rts player, havent had a good shooter to play hence why im playing defiance come launch, but ill play you on csgo if you play it.

clearly with an infector

RawrKitty
04-01-2013, 06:46 AM
nah i dont have source and wouldent play it, such an outdated game :p, if theres a way to play you in defiance ill make time for it, i enjoy it.

Ollam
04-01-2013, 06:46 AM

clearly with an infector

Every time I hear Infector I think of some cheesy DCUO villain . COWER before the almighty INFECTOR!

DS Triggah
04-01-2013, 06:53 AM
well you seem to be active on here so ill chuck the messege your way. outdated but still holds the biggest online shooter ever :O
nah i dont have source and wouldent play it, such an outdated game :p, if theres a way to play you in defiance ill make time for it, i enjoy it.

RawrKitty
04-01-2013, 06:57 AM
watching people play that game makes my eyes bleed, the graphics are so horrendous

nah i was always a scifi shooter player anyway, lived on unreal/ut2k3/4, etc. csgo is the only tactical one ive played and i dont even like it very much