PDA

View Full Version : Shanje liro Arena: How are you meant to get gold?

dougthewarrior
08-21-2013, 10:42 AM
When it constantly lags, enemies disappear, and I can't switch my guns. Getting gold is a nightmare.

Elric1
08-21-2013, 10:56 AM
When it constantly lags, enemies disappear, and I can't switch my guns. Getting gold is a nightmare.

just try to survive until and repeat til you earn enough rep to buy a blade because you'll never get it by doing it legit with the lag due to a lack of servers.

dougthewarrior
08-21-2013, 10:59 AM
How do you do it without doing it legit?

Yun
08-21-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm actually more curious as to what is an easy way to score Silver on it just so I can get the mission portion of it done then worry about farming the rep.

noladude
08-21-2013, 12:21 PM
I got gold with lag and all. I used a vbi smg and a matchlock boomer. Just find a good vantage point like the outsides of the upper level where enemies spawn occasionally working the inside/middle for bulwarks, volge, and those little bots. It keeps the multiplier going. I manged to rank 3rd place at the time.

x3kingsheat136x
08-21-2013, 12:45 PM
See my arena tips tricks and help thread below ill be posting my load out momentarily

TedLives
08-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah it's starting to piss me off. The last 30 seconds of the 3rd round it wasn't counting my kills I had about 25+ enemies herp derping it up,:cool: walking around with no health left rubber banding through walls, the gold skitterling trolled me and levitated up into the sky (Which by the way i swear im puting at least 2 magazines into this thing, it's stupid strong)while I was a chasing it.:eek: A bulwark teleported and 300 kicked me into the bottom area where my character got stuck in the falling animation.:mad: This lag is ridiculously bad and half the time it times me out when I'm near the end.:rolleyes:

zambeezi
08-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't even see any enimies for the first 15 seconds. When they finally do spawn they either fly everywhere or just dissapear into objects... Struggeling my arse off to get bloody silver!

x3kingsheat136x
08-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Again see my post I have the same issues as all of you guys the loadouts helps

Kapt
08-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Glad Im not the only one with the lagarific arena.
I have gotten silver in them all. The ones with skitterlings I used LMG/Ground pounder. The ones with the bots was lmg and bmg. The final with the volge was canker and bmg. Tried canker cause my bud got gold first try with his oj invader on the first two arena quests.

Kfirtz411
08-23-2013, 08:07 AM
I just can't keep a multiplier, I don't know if it's lag or what but I get shot from EVERYWHERE. I easily got Silver and/or Gold on the other arenas but can barely get Bronze on this one. I don't know if it's lag but there seems to be not very many enemies in the arena and I actually have to hunt for them at times.

I go down to the bottom floor to kill a enemy, get fired upon from all angles but when I come back up there's no one, then all of a sudden I'm getting shot again, kill that one and it seems that I have to wait for more to appear. Then I'm getting shot from all angles again. Is this the lag everyone is referring to with this arena?

x3kingsheat136x
08-23-2013, 08:10 AM
I just can't keep a multiplier, I don't know if it's lag or what but I get shot from EVERYWHERE. I easily got Silver and/or Gold on the other arenas but can barely get Bronze on this one. I don't know if it's lag but there seems to be not very many enemies in the arena and I actually have to hunt for them at times.

I go down to the bottom floor to kill a enemy, get fired upon from all angles but when I come back up there's no one, then all of a sudden I'm getting shot again, kill that one and it seems that I have to wait for more to appear. Then I'm getting shot from all angles again. Is this the lag everyone is referring to with this arena?

To what's happening is your gettin shot by the little annoying robots that can be hard to see at time they are only there to help with the multiplier try using an invader and see my arena tips and tricks thread for more help will post strategies later today

Ominuse
08-23-2013, 10:31 AM
To what's happening is your gettin shot by the little annoying robots that can be hard to see at time they are only there to help with the multiplier try using an invader and see my arena tips and tricks thread for more help will post strategies later today
Yall should really listen to him and try the Invader, I got a 32kb dang-near-dail-up connection and could barely function in the arena and the Invader got me gold first try. No matter how bad you lag, your bugs don't, and seem to hunt down those lil' bots which keeps your mult alive.

OpaqueRose92
08-23-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm actually more curious as to what is an easy way to score Silver on it just so I can get the mission portion of it done then worry about farming the rep.

Me too I'm having the hardest time

With the servers down I can't check, does anyone know off the top of their head what score you have to get in order to get Silver? I think I'll go and change my loadout when the servers come back on maybe I just need a fresh perspective, or explosives.........explosives always help ;)

x3kingsheat136x
08-23-2013, 11:11 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?126882-Shaje-Liro-Arena-Gold-Guide

Link to guide for gold

Daylight Pony
08-24-2013, 09:07 PM
I've been getting my gold medals using blur and an Invader. The bugs help keep the momentum going. I also learned the patterns that the gold splitters run. They are 300 points and they drop loot.

Teddymouse
08-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Just remember you get a bonus 2k score if you complete the 5 rounds.

L0neWulf48
08-26-2013, 12:47 PM
How does one get an invader? Don't think i ever seen one in my travels.

born2beagator
08-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I was able to barely get the silver using a cluster shot and invader. even then the only reason I got it was the bonus for completing. Its a really poorly designed arena. I'm not even bothering with gold

x3kingsheat136x
08-26-2013, 10:34 PM
I was able to barely get the silver using a cluster shot and invader. even then the only reason I got it was the bonus for completing. Its a really poorly designed arena. I'm not even bothering with gold

You should try an ar smg or Lmg even though Lmgs reload really slow and lose your multiplier quite often

borderlandsjunkie666
10-10-2013, 05:43 PM
They had to have given the high end enemies ie dark matter and volge a dumb AI to in crease difficulty. Where as they have an instant target on you, the only thing that can stop them from shooting you is a wall in between. If the room was perfectly empty you would be dead as soon as they appeared because instant aim. I mean the ai can use a sling shot and do as much damage with a rocket launcher. Thd difficulty must be the same as an arkfall with a 100 players. By the time you done enough damage to one enemy the multiplier is dead and thats if ya get one before it runs out. I dont see any one acomplishing this legitly. If they gonna make it solo in a very expanse co-op. It can't be a co-op dificulty. I know people who cant even beat ghe last mission to the dumb ai in nim.

Atticus Batman
10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
They had to have given the high end enemies ie dark matter and volge a dumb AI to in crease difficulty. Where as they have an instant target on you, the only thing that can stop them from shooting you is a wall in between. If the room was perfectly empty you would be dead as soon as they appeared because instant aim. I mean the ai can use a sling shot and do as much damage with a rocket launcher. Thd difficulty must be the same as an arkfall with a 100 players. By the time you done enough damage to one enemy the multiplier is dead and thats if ya get one before it runs out. I dont see any one acomplishing this legitly. If they gonna make it solo in a very expanse co-op. It can't be a co-op dificulty. I know people who cant even beat ghe last mission to the dumb ai in nim.

They are all beatable. It's just a matter of the right tactics for you. Witch I have not bothered finding for the arenas yet. As for Nim just use a stingray or tele-spanner. THat is how lots have beat him. You should have tryed him in May, pre-nerf. He used to be more difficult and do his area attack ALOT more often, and back then if you died on his third form, you had to start over from the begining. Now he doesn't do his are affect as often and when you die on him, you start back on the form you died on.

Takao
10-10-2013, 06:30 PM
They are all beatable. It's just a matter of the right tactics for you. Witch I have not bothered finding for the arenas yet. As for Nim just use a stingray or tele-spanner. THat is how lots have beat him. You should have tryed him in May, pre-nerf. He used to be more difficult and do his area attack ALOT more often, and back then if you died on his third form, you had to start over from the begining. Now he doesn't do his are affect as often and when you die on him, you start back on the form you died on.

I wish I got to experience it pre-patch, I was sitting on the last mission for 3 months not wanting to start all over.... I missed out, I'm sad now.

Trion, make him harder. The last boss should make people want to quit; its the epitome of the defiance challenge.

I shouldn't of beaten him after dying once, should have been fighting that ****er for a week at least.

borderlandsjunkie666
10-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I've beaten the main game I have dome friends that he is to difficult for I spent the entire time rolling and dodging

Atticus Batman
10-10-2013, 07:23 PM
I've beaten the main game I have dome friends that he is to difficult for I spent the entire time rolling and dodging

I can see that, but be glad you and your friends are dealing with POST-nerf Nim. Pre-nerf if you didn't have ateast 3 perk slots open and assigned you were pretty much screwed. And back then you did NOT unlock all the perk slots until ego 4000, if I remember right.

D351
01-11-2014, 08:46 AM
I can see that, but be glad you and your friends are dealing with POST-nerf Nim. Pre-nerf if you didn't have ateast 3 perk slots open and assigned you were pretty much screwed. And back then you did NOT unlock all the perk slots until ego 4000, if I remember right.

I didn't realize they nerfed him. I remember beating him on xbox back when the game was new... Now I might be comfortable with trying to work on my pc character... I hadn't bothered because I never wanted to go through that fight again. I'm actually rather happy to hear he was nerfed. That fight was ridiculous.

BlaqWolf
02-01-2014, 02:43 AM
Last arena of Thorn Liro is a complete joke - there is no way (with current drops) to make bronze, much less gold.

A - enemies are FAR too spread out, and there is a hideous amount of cover.
B - they RUN AWAY so keeping multiples up is nigh on impossible.... actually, it *IS* impossible.

I've tried every weapon and perk combo I've found on the forums... some work, some don't, but NONE can keep the multiple up because the targets are spread so thin.

Yet another screwup by Trion.

SirServed
02-01-2014, 06:09 AM
I used a Cloak build with a Bolt Action/Clustershot my first time around doing arenas. Once I got my charged blade I made a loadout for it and nothing is too far away with Blur.

stefb42
02-01-2014, 06:39 AM
I used an assault rifle and a 17 shot north star flare, and totally abused the aim assist feature in the game, basically i point my gun in general direction of enemy then use LT (aim) and it locks right onto enemies head, if i miss i quickly release aim then aim again, i tend to fire in short bursts especially if enemies are far away, and instead of following enemies round the arena i allow them to follow me and run backwards aim and shoot aim and shoot, the assault rifle has quite a quick reload time allowing you to maintain a multiplier during reload, and the north star flare came in a treat when there were mobs following, though anything explosive would do, basically back up through a bottleneck and unload on them

other tips, take on large enemies while there are small ones around to keep the multiplier up, or take their health low and then concentrate on easy kills to build multiplier before finishing, but running backwards when things get tough is a great way of escaping while continuing to kill, you only need 4000 points and to survive till the end of round 5 for gold on this one, if you can figure the path of the gold skitterling and leave a detonator clip lying on it's path, build your multiplier up to 10 then pop the skitterling as it passes over the detonator shots you'll get 3000 points for your trouble, you don't even need to be able to physically see the skitterling as you can easily see it on your mini map

cutlogarithm725
02-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Try a Proliferator in the last 1 its the dlc 2 version of the invader
Mine has a 9.9 FR with t4 mods and its a easy gold in each arena

D351
02-01-2014, 09:12 AM
I used some sort of infector and super-charge... after having given up on getting gold, I just kind of had one really good round.

Nashtalia
02-01-2014, 09:17 AM
got my blade legitly through farming rep points, i cannot be jekked to be zeh winnar and earn zeh blade.

* -1 internets points

BJWyler
02-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Last arena of Thorn Liro is a complete joke - there is no way (with current drops) to make bronze, much less gold.

A - enemies are FAR too spread out, and there is a hideous amount of cover.
B - they RUN AWAY so keeping multiples up is nigh on impossible.... actually, it *IS* impossible.

I've tried every weapon and perk combo I've found on the forums... some work, some don't, but NONE can keep the multiple up because the targets are spread so thin.

Yet another screwup by Trion.

Not impossible. I get gold on every arena now without even trying - most of the time by the end of the third round. I have videos posted for each of the arenas showing how I got gold (check the link in my sig for my YouTube channel and look for the arena vids). The Shanje was one of two where I didn't get gold at the end of the third round because I wasn't having the best run at the time, but still finished with gold at the end.

Heck, I've been getting gold on them using nothing but a BMG with the Infector tossed in every now and again to get the gold skit since we can now level weapons in the arena.

Daimian
02-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Spent months unable to attain silver, then blew past gold with sticky dets in one go, stick and run to the next without waiting for the explosion.

Sonic7870
02-01-2014, 04:08 PM
This arena is tough it took me quite a long time to get gold on this which finished the thorn storyline for me the best way I did this was to use a fast recharge shield max 3 seconds also overcharge is a must the weapons I use was a fast infector and a vbi ar

Atticus Batman
02-01-2014, 05:03 PM
This arena is tough it took me quite a long time to get gold on this which finished the thorn storyline for me the best way I did this was to use a fast recharge shield max 3 seconds also overcharge is a must the weapons I use was a fast infector and a vbi ar

I gave up on golds. I just focused on silver and used an infector and detonator, to do so. I finally got silver and it works for me. I may try for gold later but who knows.

Ejamon
02-01-2014, 07:28 PM
The last arena was the only one that gave me problems. After reading a bit, I changed up by using a det and infector. The bugs racked up a ton of points by chasing things done and killing it on your behalf. After using this, it only took me two tries to earn gold. Compared to the failed 14 times when I was using other weapons.....and was too stubborn to change them out. :)

Grimwar
02-01-2014, 08:15 PM
I am surprised this is considered to be that difficult . Sure I failed my first couple of attempts while I was learning it, but I got gold on the second or third round on my third go. I used a frontier saw, a clustershot and and an overcharge build.
The frontier saw fully modded regenerates ammo fast enough that you will not need to stop for more during a round and with the fire nano it shreds dark matter in about a second. Plenty of time to line up the next one before the multiplier drops. Pop overcharge and use the clustershot when you need to down a bulwark fast. But mainly I avoid Volge and bulwarks and only kill then if I am lacking any other handy target.
Oh and always use sights and go for heat shots even on the Volge , people that just spay full auto and expect things to fall over are very sad excuses for gamers.