PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good setup for the Dark Matter arena?

Gabbro1000
08-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Following the quest line at the lighthouse, managed to lag my way to the final mission and I'm completely stumped.

I'm lucky to get 3000 points AFTER the 2000 bonus for finishing! There doesn't seem to be many baddies at ALL in this arena and by the time I pop one and find another my multiplier is back to 1, or it seems to take 5 seconds to register a kill and resets anyway! I know ppl have done it, 'cause there's loads of the new blade things dancing around!

I was really wondering is there a particularly good setup to use for this arena. My LMG takes to long to reload to keep multiplier up and everything else I got doesn't do much damage.

Nadar
08-21-2013, 12:15 PM
I got the gold on 2 tries using a SMG with syphon (the one with base dmg of 179 - forget the name) and a VBI Sniper.

This one was difficult. On my first try, I had almost 2K points on the first round and thought I was going to breeze thru....and then followed up with rd 2 & 3 having a few hundred points and continued that pattern on the remaining rounds to just barely make Silver.

On the second try, I did a lot more running - keeping an eye on the radar to see where the targets were popping up. I also spent more time on the lower level since it was easier to hit targets from below that to see them when I was above. If there wasn't anything nearby, I'd swap to the sniper and try to pick off some distant targets.

Since the SMG burns thru the ammo, I tried to loop by the ammo boxes periodically to reload. In the previous arenas, I found I was running out just at the end of the round so running out of ammo wasn't too much of a problem but I was burning a lot more in the final arena.

jbob spittlewop
08-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Still yet to complete this one, best I've done was with a vbi MSG and charge blade using all defense perks overcharge and infector grenade for some multiplier help with the drones.

Ether SolRac
08-21-2013, 01:39 PM
i couldn't complete this one either. but you can still get a blade without finishing the last one. if you just get there then through the contracts and the arenas/missions you've done so far you'll have enough points to buy the blue one from the vender, which is what i did. i still want to complete this one though so i can finish the story and get that mask (a little disappointed its not blue like shown in some previous photos). if you ask me they should change the scoring system for the arenas into something like the siege scoring system.

hardy83
08-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I used an assault rifle and a manual detonate grenade launcher.

Though personally, for that one, it kind of just game down to luck. I found it really hard to keep the point bonus up on that one.

Gabbro1000
08-23-2013, 02:34 AM
Alright, cheers for that. I'll just keep hitting it with different setups and hope for the best :D

BJWyler
08-23-2013, 04:58 AM
For all the arenas, but one, I used a VBI Invader (level 10 in infectors), and my El Diablo (level 14-15 in SMGs). Took me two tries to get gold. I also used Blur - helps get to enemies faster. One key to remember is that at the end of each round, you get credit for any enemy you tagged in the last few seconds when they are auto-killed. That was the only reason I managed to get Gold on the second try. Near the end, just ran around tagging as many as I could, and it helped to push me over the hump.

Gabbro1000
08-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Did it! Used my FRC assault carbine. Mastered, with 25% of stowed weapon clip reloaded on a kill. This helped ALOT, magazine is only 35. So got a good balance between damage and reload speed to keep the multiplier up... still only managed a silver. But done.