PDA

View Full Version : a good 4 man squad..

anonymous newyork
08-21-2013, 12:50 PM
A good 4 man squad would be a medic a sniper tactical(lead) and demolitions but would it be affective?
the support would be stable but would all players benefit from there individual roles? in a group:confused:

AnimusanD
08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
At these draw distances there are no true snipers, but a DM would only work well in open areas. If you're going to mix sniping with demo, you'll run into problems obscuring targets with explosions and missed headshots from bouncing enemies around. Obviously players can train to work well together, practice, practice, practice.

I suppose you could have pointman also be your grenadier. First contact has more time deciding where to get the most bang for your buck.

Medic LMG/BMG? It seems generic, but it works.

I guess the fourth would be a floater, able to engage at all distances and hit 'em where it hurts. High burst damage comes to mind.

It's not so important in PvE and PvP has it's own more complicated tactics (or ferocious lack thereof). Mics all around would greatly help, that's why my voiceless (no mic) self stays out of competitive maps.

Aaricane
08-21-2013, 01:27 PM
my voiceless (no mic) self stays out of competitive maps.No need to distance yourself from PVP over that, nobody else is using them either.

Terrato137
08-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Mics all around would greatly help, that's why my voiceless (no mic) self stays out of competitive maps.

Just play objectively and smart and you'll be fine.

anonymous newyork
08-21-2013, 01:41 PM
understood what wepons would the floater use and do you think that kind of teamwork could come form players that dont really know each other?

anonymous newyork
08-21-2013, 01:50 PM
At these draw distances there are no true snipers, but a DM would only work well in open areas. If you're going to mix sniping with demo, you'll run into problems obscuring targets with explosions and missed headshots from bouncing enemies around. Obviously players can train to work well together, practice, practice, practice.

I suppose you could have pointman also be your grenadier. First contact has more time deciding where to get the most bang for your buck.

Medic LMG/BMG? It seems generic, but it works.

I guess the fourth would be a floater, able to engage at all distances and hit 'em where it hurts. High burst damage comes to mind.

It's not so important in PvE and PvP has it's own more complicated tactics (or ferocious lack thereof). Mics all around would greatly help, that's why my voiceless (no mic) self stays out of competitive maps. you know your stuff!!!

anonymous newyork
08-21-2013, 01:51 PM
But true.

/10char

thank you sir

Magick
08-21-2013, 01:57 PM
I think a good 4 man team would consist of Hanibal,Faceman,Murdock, and B.A. Baracus.

anonymous newyork
08-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I think a good 4 man team would consist of Hanibal,Faceman,Murdock, and B.A. Baracus.
true words that would be an amazing dlc....

anonymous newyork
08-21-2013, 02:17 PM
dose anyone have torks launcher?

Magick
08-21-2013, 02:17 PM
I mean, it's pretty close. In a recon situation, two foremost move up and overwatch, while the rearmost dash up to their positions. Can't cover every angle, but that's why sometimes you advance really slowly, with everyone on overwatch. Dash means dead most of the time. That's why the Assault class is your point man. Right? having a Squad Sight sniper squatting off the tail of a three man team. One taking point, two forming the base of a rough triangle.

Could use it for a quicker advance with the point man, with the sniper picking off the first hints of trouble and the two following men setting up based on enemies spotted.

AnimusanD
08-21-2013, 02:22 PM
understood what wepons would the floater use and do you think that kind of teamwork could come form players that dont really know each other?

When I think burst damage, Cloak always comes to mind. In that sense, pump SG and especially Grind/Fraggers are great. Cloak works to get away and reload too.

If you want a more everywhere at once feeling, blur with that stronger melee strike thingy and Intimidation and is fun, +75% dmg on knocked-back foes. @_@

Oops, forgot you can switch up with manual grenades for the Cloak too, always a winner if your team doesn't mind you killing everything (and they shouldn't 'cause you're a team).

Teamwork has to be practiced. With randoms, the best I can do is watch people's backs and try to stay aware of positioning and team health. I almost never run fully short or long range weapons unless I know someone else will pick up the slack.

AnimusanD
08-21-2013, 02:25 PM
I mean, it's pretty close. In a recon situation, two foremost move up and overwatch, while the rearmost dash up to their positions. Can't cover every angle, but that's why sometimes you advance really slowly, with everyone on overwatch. Dash means dead most of the time. That's why the Assault class is your point man. Right? having a Squad Sight sniper squatting off the tail of a three man team. One taking point, two forming the base of a rough triangle.

Could use it for a quicker advance with the point man, with the sniper picking off the first hints of trouble and the two following men setting up based on enemies spotted.

XCOM, wut? The principle is the same, but you'll be hard pressed finding people to play that tatically cautious, except maybe serious business PvP players.

EDIT: Instead of taking rear guard, a good sniper would probably benefit from 2nd position to get in a headshot before the skirmish gets going. There's no squad sight after all.

anonymous newyork
08-21-2013, 04:39 PM
with a one shot one kill (vary strong sniper weapon)thats 3 deaths in cloak before even being detected if you shoot under cloak then move positions once you have good spots to cloak and an aggressive team members..

th3p0is0n
08-21-2013, 05:02 PM
since i got my charge sniper im doing the whole cloak sniper thing one shot one kills are happening alot

in game: r0x8s
ego rating 800
ps3 na server