PDA

View Full Version : Dev's Who is replacing Chris Redavacado?

dominad
08-21-2013, 12:51 PM
I read here yesterday that he is no longer part of the Defiance team which explains the post someone made about why he stopped posting. He was the person I spoke to and I am sad to hear this.
Was hoping elizabeth is able to give an official word as community manager and let us know who is leading the direction now and what to expect?

If this is incorrect the forums were wild then please do correct and close but I do want to know. It seems a major change.

T_Archangel
08-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Wow... that was a pretty short stint. Shame to hear this as he was actually pretty easy to deal with and quite communicative...

Iceberg
08-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Wait, chris is gone?? Source? Link?

Aaricane
08-21-2013, 12:56 PM
he was actually pretty easy to deal with and quite communicative...Now we all know Trion can't allow that!

Z0mb1E
08-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Now we all know Trion can't allow that!

Welcome to Trion Worlds...please shut up and get your work done (dare I say it?) Soon

Aaricane
08-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Welcome to Trion Worlds...please shut up and get your work done (dare I say it?) SoonAnd by soon, we really mean just whenever you give a **** about it.
Lmao.

MacDeath
08-21-2013, 01:00 PM
I practicly LIVE on these forums and I haven't seen that rumor.

dominad
08-21-2013, 01:07 PM
I can not link as it was nuked from yestrday.
Send an email to him and see what happens.
This is why I am asking the community manager to let us know what is going on

Gomly
08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I hope it isn't true.

If it is I don't think i'm going to be able to contain my laughter.

Trion, where their staff last about as long as movie henchmen.

August Barkley
08-21-2013, 02:45 PM
More layoffs for the Layoff God!

Worldviewsinc
08-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I hope it isn't true.

Or red shirts in Star Trek!!!

Yewa
08-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I was noticing his absence... But I saw him posting once on the alpha forums not too long ago. I hope this isn't true.

dominad
08-21-2013, 02:55 PM
I was noticing his absence... But I saw he posting once on the alpha forums not too long ago. I hope this isn't true.
I hope not too but would be nice to hav an answe considering the thread is titled devs and asking for clarification to stop the rumors and still no reply.
Like I said try messaging him.

Rurouni Kenshin
It is NOT true.

I repeat, NOT TRUE.

Source: RIGHT HERE (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m72tk6kh4k1rtu3xyo1_250.gif)

Notturno
I practicly LIVE on these forums and I haven't seen that rumor.

I've heard of it, but it wasn't posted, just a vague hint of it. Last I heard is that he was unsure if he still had a job or not. Basically Trion gave this guy a task to rebuild this game and it sounds like they've punted him before he even had a chance to get started.

Their staffing abilities are very poor, as a company. They need to let the people they put in charge have an opportunity to succeed. This couldn't possibly be good for employee morale.

dominad
08-21-2013, 02:58 PM
I've heard of it, but it wasn't posted, just a vague hint of it. Last I heard is that he was unsure if he still had a job or not. Basically Trion gave this guy a task to rebuild this game and it sounds like they've punted him before he even had a chance to get started.

Their staffing abilities are very poor, as a company. They need to let the people they put in charge have an opportunity to succeed. This couldn't possibly be good for employee morale.

Thank you that is exactly what I heard It is apparently why he is not answering official mail as he does not or did not? know where he stands and elizabeth was asking for contact through her instead he made such big statements I think it is important we get to know what is going on. I remember someon posting that 3 piece of paper thing the other day not so funny now.

I liked Chris he listened and seemed to be willing to make changes.

Big Jack Shepard
08-21-2013, 02:58 PM
This is so much fun! Much better than the game!

Rurouni Kenshin
08-21-2013, 03:08 PM
This is so much fun! Much better than the game!

Aint it just???

Notturno
08-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Thank you that is exactly what I heard It is apparently why he is not answering official mail as he does not or did not? know where he stands and elizabeth was asking for contact through her instead he made such big statements I think it is important we get to know what is going on. I remember someon posting that 3 piece of paper thing the other day not so funny now.

I liked Chris he listened and seemed to be willing to make changes.

The thing is, I think it's partly Hartsman going on his company reconstruction initiative, and partly the move. Chris Lena is/was likely based in San Diego, where the original Defiance studio was. Moving up to Redwood City means moving over 400 miles to the Bay Area in California; if you have a family, that's a pretty big deal. He has no guarantee of a job long term because of the way Trion has been operating, and the company has just been particularly ruthless (as they need to be) to cut costs.

Honestly, I can see it being an issue of him getting laid off. I can also see it being an issue of having to make a pretty large life decision. I am merely speculating based off of rumors I've heard, but I can see why he isn't around right now. I hope they do retain him, as I think he was the right person for the job based off of what I saw of him.

Olaf
08-21-2013, 03:12 PM
yeah this is surprising, they chew threw staff at nobodys rate.

stripclubdj
08-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Seems like trion is the blind leading the blind

Grymms
08-21-2013, 03:16 PM
This is how it went down. Oncw they realized he was talking to the fanbase and actualpy try8ng to improve the game the higher ups said we cant have that and cut him loose. Now we have an unnamed h3ad and he will never talk to us for fear of losing his job.

dominad
08-21-2013, 03:16 PM
The thing is, I think it's partly Hartsman going on his company reconstruction initiative, and partly the move. Chris Lena is/was likely based in San Diego, where the original Defiance studio was. Moving up to Redwood City means moving over 400 miles to the Bay Area in California; if you have a family, that's a pretty big deal. He has no guarantee of a job long term because of the way Trion has been operating, and the company has just been particularly ruthless (as they need to be) to cut costs.

Honestly, I can see it being an issue of him getting laid off. I can also see it being an issue of having to make a pretty large life decision. I am merely speculating based off of rumors I've heard, but I can see why he isn't around right now. I hope they do retain him, as I think he was the right person for the job based off of what I saw of him.

Yea and he is yet to return from Austin let us see how that goes.
Either way the exec producer especially one who was keen to be active is a big part of the game and they should let players know if yet another change has happened or is happening. I really wish they would respond. From what I saw of chris lena on here I would have thought he would have replied y now and said its all good guys and made some kind of funny joke :P

Would not blame him if he did not want to continue though and look after his family and do something more stable.

Gomly
08-21-2013, 03:33 PM
It is NOT true.

I repeat, NOT TRUE.

Source: RIGHT HERE (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m72tk6kh4k1rtu3xyo1_250.gif)

Ahhhhhhh oh noes......

You got me with your kitty cat of colourful claws.

dominad
08-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Pretty much every other topic got a response tonight but this one nothing. Dead silence.

Chris you still there?? Are are you and the rest of the team unsure if you still have a job?

Yewa
08-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Pretty much every other topic got a response tonight but this one nothing. Dead silence.

Chris you still there?? Are are you and the rest of the team unsure if you still have a job?

yeah, I hoped dahanese could hop in here and confirm/deny this.

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 09:03 PM
yeah, I hoped dahanese could hop in here and confirm/deny this.

She's gone home for the day. She's busy tabletop rpg'ing on twitch atm.

Rasczak
08-21-2013, 09:42 PM
If the rumor is true, Trion is eating through Defiance E.P.'s faster than SOE did with DCUO in the launch year. I think the final count was 5 of them in the first year over there.

She's gone home for the day. She's busy tabletop rpg'ing on twitch atm.

Ungh. I've seen a few groups do the Twitch tabletop thing because they contacted us that they were running our products. Now, when I GM, we have scene music chosen and playing, each of my NPCs has a slightly different voice, my players have voices (and sometimes slight accents, where applicable) for their characters, and so forth.

Watching most of these tabletop RPG Twitch broadcasts has been painful to say the least. I'm actually afraid to see another....

Yewa
08-21-2013, 10:11 PM
haha you guys stalk dahanese far too much :p

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 11:14 PM
haha you guys stalk dahanese far too much :p

Its primarily Greg's thing not Dahanese. She's just a player on wednesday. Greg plays while his wife GM's on the wednesday run. Then Greg his wife, his brother and 3 or so others play on thursdays.... hence the name of the twitch channel: Thursdayknights.

Javik
08-21-2013, 11:16 PM
A thread about the RedAvacado possible departure and seeing the YouTube link promotion video of the defiance community manager along with w/DefianceDev team playing PayDay2 -kinda reveals much of where their loyalty & hearts are at with the vision of Defiance Game/TV show.

Yeah prob on their day off .... I understand. Gamers game and we all like to play the new titles. But isn't this Castithian DLC supposed to be the first major DLC for this game?

Many games companies out there are competing for the consumers time & money.

Release date was the other day and some people including myself are unable to even get past the "Patch Error" to even see the content that has already been paid for via that Season Pass.

Awesome sauce to those who are already or have already plowed thru the DLC - I'd like to at least login and see what the heck it was that I spent money on called Castithian/Blade DlC or whatever it's called.

If I were a share holder for this company I'd be pretty ticked that my customers consumers are not getting what they paid for let alone be able to login.

All the while the Trion Defiance team is off tooling around making promo vids for titles like Payday2 and prob soon to come GTA, which btw is going to be awesome and I'm looking forward to GTA.

Looking back I think Sledge & Myrll were the only two dropping in consistently to communicate/respond and help ppl get online into the game. Resolving issues around the clock working sweating bullets for the fans & supporters of the game.

I read somewhere in the board that they left? kinda makes me wonder who it really was in the background keeping the Defiance vision afloat. Who it was at the center keeping the vision alive.

flame/delete or say it isn't in line with the code of conduct - but the state of the game really shows where your hearts for this vision of Defiance really truly lives.

I wonder what SyFy thinks about the current state of the Defiance game & show.

Fancypants
08-21-2013, 11:21 PM
I read here yesterday that he is no longer part of the Defiance team which explains the post someone made about why he stopped posting. He was the person I spoke to and I am sad to hear this.

WTF, lol?

That dude was even over there posting on f13 columns about this game! :confused:

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=20875.560

Course there he called himself "Blue Avocado".

Trion fired him TOO?

All this and now the game is 4.99 on Origin. Amazing.

Well, at least we got one DLC out.

SHADOWBROKER
08-21-2013, 11:25 PM
I love tri'n with game of thrones off for now i feel like they picked up right where they left off. first with tri'n you see alot of people like in the game of thrones. then all the faces we got to love die and a new face comes out and then they are dead and you stuck there like wtfjh! just wait for the red wedding i heard it killer. lol

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 11:27 PM
WTF, lol?

That dude was even over there posting on f13 columns about this game! :confused:

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=20875.560

Course there he called himself "Blue Avocado".

Trion fired him TOO?

All this and now the game is 4.99 on Origin. Amazing.

Well, at least we got one DLC out.

If he has indeed stopped working for em, I would be inclined more to think on it as what most of the devs from San Diego were faced with: most didnt want to necessarily move 300+ miles away from where they were currently living. But at this point there's no confirmation. Heck you can even speculate at this point that due to the few numbers of devs planning to make the move, that there might even be a decision to shutter the entire project. You can even go out on a farther limb and speculated the restructuring is with the intention to be absorbed by one of their large corporate investors, Comcast. Sky is the limit really in what you can speculate at this point.

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 11:32 PM
I love tri'n with game of thrones off for now i feel like they picked up right where they left off. tri'n is the lanisters in game form. lol

Hardly are they Lanisters. Under no circumstances would they be considered a major house of Westeros.

If you want to more aptly assign them to a House, House Frey would be more apt.

Fancypants
08-21-2013, 11:32 PM
If he has indeed stopped working for em, I would be inclined more to think on it as what most of the devs from San Diego were faced with: most didnt want to necessarily move 300+ miles away from where they were currently living. But at this point there's no confirmation. Heck you can even speculate at this point that due to the few numbers of devs planning to make the move, that there might even be a decision to shutter the entire project. You can even go out on a farther limb and speculated the restructuring is with the intention to be absorbed by one of their large corporate investors, Comcast. Sky is the limit really in what you can speculate at this point.

Maybe that's a big part of the exciting "Big Plans" Scott the Machete was talking about that's coming. Well, not so exciting for us, but I guess anyone working at Trion.

I'd guess Defiance is okay though. They said End of Nations (their other game) is going to 'take a rest' or be put in a nursing home for awhile or something like that on the Twitch feed few days ago, so maybe that's what gets the boot.

If that's true, remember Chris said he was one of the people who worked on End of Nations for awhile, so Trion could have still had him under that game's staff, but only here as like a loner car when your car is in the shop.

Arsenic_Touch
08-21-2013, 11:34 PM
If it's true, it explains why they're avoiding this thread, it doesn't look too good for the company and it certainly won't inspire any confidence in anything we've been hearing in regards to future defiance plans/changes.

Hopefully we'll get some clarification about this.

SHADOWBROKER
08-21-2013, 11:35 PM
lol the frays how could i not think of that. good call my friend

A s0t
08-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Was hoping elizabeth is able to give an official word as community manager and let us know who is leading the direction now and what to expect?

If this is incorrect the forums were wild then please do correct and close but I do want to know. It seems a major change.

you are. you can't possibly do any worse than what trion is already doing

SHADOWBROKER
08-21-2013, 11:36 PM
If it's true, it explains why they're avoiding this thread, it doesn't look too good for the company and it certainly won't inspire any confidence in anything we've been hearing in regards to future defiance plans/changes.

Hopefully we'll get some clarification about this.yeah bro.......!!SOON!! right

Fancypants
08-21-2013, 11:36 PM

Hopefully we'll get some clarification about this.Arsenic, we are WAY past the point of things 'not looking too good for the company'.

We passed that mark when San Diego was shut down... lock, stock and smoking barrel.

All we want to know now as players in this game is, just how deep does this rabbit hole go.

That Chris was an alright dude from what little I saw of him (hadn't been on much.. was in someone's beta)

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Clarification? In a Defiance Forum Thread? Surely you jest my good man! Such a think is almost as ridiculous as
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Psion/goomba-no-scope_zpsc3b67228.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Psion/media/goomba-no-scope_zpsc3b67228.jpg.html)

Billy Guile
08-21-2013, 11:53 PM
poor avocado is now guacamole

R.I.P. tasty guy

Rasczak
08-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Maybe that's a big part of the exciting "Big Plans" Scott the Machete was talking about that's coming. Well, not so exciting for us, but I guess anyone working at Trion.

I'd guess Defiance is okay though. They said End of Nations (their other game) is going to 'take a rest' or be put in a nursing home for awhile or something like that on the Twitch feed few days ago, so maybe that's what gets the boot.

If that's true, remember Chris said he was one of the people who worked on End of Nations for awhile, so Trion could have still had him under that game's staff, but only here as like a loner car when your car is in the shop.

In another speculation thread, started by MacDeath on Trion stepping up or Defiance dying, dahanese stepped in and said that speculation was fun, but what it really sounded like was us asking: is Trion thinking about the future of Defiance? She said they were.

To me, that spoke volumes that they were thinking about it. Coupled with the Major Changes for Defiance hinted at during the Podcast (and already being talked about at other forums), and it gets more questionable as to where this game is going.

I'm not even sure, given that NBCUniversal funded development of the game by 50%, that Trion Worlds could just shut it down right now. The money was not given freely, you can bet on that, and Comcast was already an investor in Trion Worlds through Comcast Ventures, which could very well be separate from the Defiance-NBCUniversal investment. So, it could be that as part of NBCUniversal's heavy investment (including the show) in an Intellectual Property trademarked by Trion Worlds, that the agreement might state that the game cannot shutter before the end of the show's run.

Meaning that even though Trion Worlds only invested 50% of the funding, they are far more on the hook as far as the game's lifespan is concerned due to NBCUniversal's heavy investment (over $100 million as of Season 1). Add to that the fact that Kevin Murphy (the show's Executive Producer) told Defiance fans at ComicCon that the game had content coming that bridged the 11 months of storytime between Season 1 & Season 2 (especially since Nolan begins Season 2 on the west coast, and Varus Seleptor is being cast for the show), and Trion Worlds most definitely seems to be on the hook with the game. Syfy has already told fans to expect tie-in/bridge content.

Which could also play a factor in why loses were cut via End of Nations, as well.

PseudoCool
08-22-2013, 12:00 AM
@Ras,

Really good points. I did think it was very odd that EoN was coming out so close to such a monumental undertaking as Defiance, and with as horrible as the gameplay for it was, I'm actually GLAD to see it's be shelved. Let them get Defiance under control and THEN start with a new project. Infact, I think I told them that in my tester's write up.

And I think your right.. Trion Worlds is seriously on the hook for this game's success, no matter how you slice it. Does that mean a company should do what they've done recently in shuttering down facilities and putting employees out of work? No, it doesn't.. infact it means quite the opposite. So I'm not sure what business model their operating under, but frankly it seems more of a "life support" model than a "full rehab" model.. and I'm not really geeked about that. It's not something that gives me the warm fuzzy feeling about this games suspected life span.

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2013, 12:03 AM
I will be pretty surprised if we get all five DLC's.

Fancypants
In another speculation thread, started by MacDeath on Trion stepping up or Defiance dying, dahanese stepped in and said that speculation was fun, but what it really sounded like was us asking: is Trion thinking about the future of Defiance? She said they were.

To me, that spoke volumes that they were thinking about it. Coupled with the Major Changes for Defiance hinted at during the Podcast (and already being talked about at other forums), and it gets more questionable as to where this game is going.

I'm not even sure, given that NBCUniversal funded development of the game by 50%, that Trion Worlds could just shut it down right now. The money was not given freely, you can bet on that, and Comcast was already an investor in Trion Worlds through Comcast Ventures, which could very well be separate from the Defiance-NBCUniversal investment. So, it could be that as part of NBCUniversal's heavy investment (including the show) in an Intellectual Property trademarked by Trion Worlds, that the agreement might state that the game cannot shutter before the end of the show's run.

Meaning that even though Trion Worlds only invested 50% of the funding, they are far more on the hook as far as the game's lifespan is concerned due to NBCUniversal's heavy investment (over $100 million as of Season 1). Add to that the fact that Kevin Murphy (the show's Executive Producer) told Defiance fans at ComicCon that the game had content coming that bridged the 11 months of storytime between Season 1 & Season 2 (especially since Nolan begins Season 2 on the west coast, and Varus Seleptor is being cast for the show), and Trion Worlds most definitely seems to be on the hook with the game. Syfy has already told fans to expect tie-in/bridge content.

Which could also play a factor in why loses were cut via End of Nations, as well.Yeah, it's too early in the morning here to have sunshine bubbles blown up my butt with a lot of that speculation you posted. Good theory though and well thought out. (sorry if it sounds cranky, I probably should go to sleep now). Just strange to see Chris gone so quick (if true) and once again, the game is rudderless.

I just don't really buy into any of it until I hear an actual plan, not speculations of one by us players of the game. I don't expect them to come out tomorrow and say whatever 'the plan' is, but until they say something other than "Soon™" I just watch more Trion employees disappear with amazement.

Billy Guile
can i jump on the speculation train?

EA[DICE] OR BUNGIE TAKES OVER DEFIANCE. /end

PseudoCool
08-22-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm going to speculate that Oprah buys Defiance...

Seriously.. the woman is ungodly rich, loves buying up white peoples stuff, and a game company is the only thing in this planet she doesn't own already! :)

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 12:08 AM
ohhh i like that one

how about

David Letterman buys Defiance and makes the staff all 20's aged, blonde interns

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2013, 12:09 AM
can i jump on the speculation train?

EA[DICE] OR BUNGIE TAKES OVER DEFIANCE. /end

Bungie would never buy this game.

EA deserves this game.

PseudoCool
08-22-2013, 12:10 AM
ohhh i like that one

how about

David Letterman buys Defiance and makes the staff all 20's aged, blonde interns

Nah.. Letterman would be such a pansy that the game would change and we'd be fighting the volge with nerf guns and norbit shooters before the next DLC came out.. at which time the NPC's would all run around telling us how we're all winners and never give up and the numbers at arkfalls don't really mean anything and....

Well.. you get the point.. at least Oprah has a spine :)

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Bungie would never buy this game.

EA deserves this game.

Frostbite engine FTW!

CoolBro,
what if

and bear with me here

Roseanne

ate all the skitterlings

Chrono Trigger
08-22-2013, 12:13 AM
im glad the mods are locking threads, but ignoring everything else.....

who is the mod locking these??

PseudoCool
08-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Frostbite engine FTW!

CoolBro,
what if

and bear with me here

Roseanne

ate all the skitterlings

Dude.. she wouldn't just eat all the skitterlings.. but the whole of Nim's army would be flattened in one "EXCUSE ME!" blast from her overly developed sound amplifying double chins! *shudder*

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 12:40 AM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNN

wheres the chocolate syrup dan?

A s0t
08-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Nah.. Letterman would be such a pansy that the game would change and we'd be fighting the volge with nerf guns and norbit shooters before the next DLC came out.. at which time the NPC's would all run around telling us how we're all winners and never give up and the numbers at arkfalls don't really mean anything and....

Well.. you get the point.. at least Oprah has a spine :)

we are fighting them now with nerf... i see what you did there

PseudoCool
08-22-2013, 12:47 AM
we are fighting them now with nerf... i see what you did there

Caught that did ya? LOL

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 01:04 AM
@Ras,

Really good points. I did think it was very odd that EoN was coming out so close to such a monumental undertaking as Defiance, and with as horrible as the gameplay for it was, I'm actually GLAD to see it's be shelved. Let them get Defiance under control and THEN start with a new project. Infact, I think I told them that in my tester's write up.

And I think your right.. Trion Worlds is seriously on the hook for this game's success, no matter how you slice it. Does that mean a company should do what they've done recently in shuttering down facilities and putting employees out of work? No, it doesn't.. infact it means quite the opposite. So I'm not sure what business model their operating under, but frankly it seems more of a "life support" model than a "full rehab" model.. and I'm not really geeked about that. It's not something that gives me the warm fuzzy feeling about this games suspected life span.

Another point that I found interesting was in a Forbes interview with a Syfy executive before the show debuted. He stated matter of fact that Syfy does not, ever, make money on their shows; and barely recouped investment via commercial sales. Not even with Warehouse 13. They make their money through licensing of the shows' intellectual properties.

In the case of Defiance, he stated that the Defiance game was where their revenue would come from; that it was the backbone of generating it for the franchise. I was surprised that he put that out there the way he did (a network usually never will), and wondered with the wife (having worked on Highlander: The Series between Season 3-5, myself), if that wasn't a political move against Trion Worlds to make clear NBCUniversal's stance on the game, especially with a triple platform launch.

Now, I wasn't shocked that the show got a Season 2. I was a bit shocked when Murphy talked at ComicCon about how everything concerning Irisa would be answered by around Episode 6, and that the Votan ship/weapon storyline would be concluded by season's end. Seems to be a lot of closing of plot threads (and Varus being cast was to take care of the bounty on Nolan angle). Which also makes me wonder at the chances for a Season 3, especially if NBCUniversal was so reliant on the game being a breakout success and banking on it.

Which would be a blasted shame, as I love the show.

Spiltmilk
08-22-2013, 01:09 AM
That really does blow, I was just getting into the show and finished season 1. Was watching it along with breaking bad. At least it will make it to season 2 and everyone can have a huge discussion like they did with Firefly of their demise hahaha.

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 01:11 AM
That really does blow, I was just getting into the show and finished season 1. Was watching it along with breaking bad. At least it will make it to season 2 and everyone can have a huge discussion like they did with Firefly of their demise hahaha.

[flashforward5years] Defiance was ultimately cancelled because the game completely sucked

A s0t
08-22-2013, 01:12 AM
[flashforward1year] Defiance was ultimately cancelled because the game completely suckedfixed it for ya

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 01:13 AM
fixed it for ya

good lookout

A s0t
08-22-2013, 01:18 AM
good lookout
you mean sentry. dammit it i forgot my 11 general orders of a sentry.

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 01:20 AM

For the record, I've tried to watch Firefly on Netflix no less than 6 times. I still can't get any further than half-way through episode 3. There is no question in my mind why the show was canned midway through the season. The writing on it is some of the worse I have seen. Honestly, I want back the lost time of my life I've spent trying to give it a chance.

A s0t
08-22-2013, 01:23 AM
For the record, I've tried to watch Firefly on Netflix no less than 6 times. I still can't get any further than half-way through episode 3. There is no question in my mind why the show was canned midway through the season. The writing on it is some of the worse I have seen. Honestly, I want back the lost time of my life I've spent trying to give it a chance.
them is fighting words

Sanguinesun
08-22-2013, 01:32 AM

It wasnt cancelled midway through. It aired 11 of the 14 episodes before cancellation that they'd produced for the first season. It average 4.7 mil viewership per episode(by contrast Defiance averaged approximately 2.2mil per). Firefly wasnt for everyone. But other than being the brunt of bad jokes, I doubt Defiance will ever see a movie deal, an emmy and continued nods across multiple tv shows and the cult following that Firefly enjoys still to this day hehe.

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 02:10 AM
It wasnt cancelled midway through. It aired 11 of the 14 episodes before cancellation that they'd produced for the first season. It average 4.7 mil viewership per episode(by contrast Defiance averaged approximately 2.2mil per). Firefly wasnt for everyone. But other than being the brunt of bad jokes, I doubt Defiance will ever see a movie deal, an emmy and continued nods across multiple tv shows and the cult following that Firefly enjoys still to this day hehe.

I expect Defiance to end after Season 2, personally. But that's nothing to do with my absolute dislike of Firefly.

Then again, same with Buffy and Angel. I was actually shocked that I thoroughly enjoyed Avengers given the fact that it was Joss.

MacDeath
08-22-2013, 03:55 AM
you mean sentry. dammit it i forgot my 11 general orders of a sentry.
General Order # 12: To walk my post from flank to flank and salute all bastards above my rank.

(it's poetry)

Well, OK, it ISN'T poetry but it does rhyme.

Assasino
08-22-2013, 04:25 AM
They must all have the day off or more layoffs?
Very odd that this thread has not been closed yet with those generic messages
Chris started off well when he was posting but has not done so for a while so must have moved on

Tyger
08-22-2013, 04:34 AM
I hope it isn't true.

Does this mean we should refer to all DeFy devs as "redshirts" now?

Sanguinesun
08-22-2013, 04:36 AM
They must all have the day off or more layoffs?
Very odd that this thread has not been closed yet with those generic messages
Chris started off well when he was posting but has not done so for a while so must have moved on

The community team is fast asleep given its like 430am or so atm their time. :P Much of this thread picked up speed well after they'd gone home for the day :P

MacDeath
08-22-2013, 05:39 AM
The community team is fast asleep given its like 430am or so atm their time. :P Much of this thread picked up speed well after they'd gone home for the day :P

Mods are still here. I'm pretty sure the mods provide 24/7 coverage.

Fancypants
08-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Another point that I found interesting was in a Forbes interview with a Syfy executive before the show debuted. He stated matter of fact that Syfy does not, ever, make money on their shows; and barely recouped investment via commercial sales. Not even with Warehouse 13. They make their money through licensing of the shows' intellectual properties.

In the case of Defiance, he stated that the Defiance game was where their revenue would come from; that it was the backbone of generating it for the franchise. I was surprised that he put that out there the way he did (a network usually never will), and wondered with the wife (having worked on Highlander: The Series between Season 3-5, myself), if that wasn't a political move against Trion Worlds to make clear NBCUniversal's stance on the game, especially with a triple platform launch.

Now, I wasn't shocked that the show got a Season 2. I was a bit shocked when Murphy talked at ComicCon about how everything concerning Irisa would be answered by around Episode 6, and that the Votan ship/weapon storyline would be concluded by season's end. Seems to be a lot of closing of plot threads (and Varus being cast was to take care of the bounty on Nolan angle). Which also makes me wonder at the chances for a Season 3, especially if NBCUniversal was so reliant on the game being a breakout success and banking on it.

Which would be a blasted shame, as I love the show.Appreciate your posts here and was a little cranky yesterday.

I was reading what you said about you thinking Season 2 being the end and that part I definitely agree with. SyFy usually shuts shows down even if they are somewhat popular. I think it gets to a point where actors on their shows that were mostly nobodies or very little work start to get well-known and offered more mainstream movie/TV work, and then SyFy cannot match the salaries or even work around the things like their roles in movies.

After they get too big, they probably are told "Sorry, we can't match that" and written out of the show. Or like in the case of the old mayor of Defiance, I remember seeing that woman in a LOT of movies and shows. She was the mother on one really good Showtime series called "Brotherhood" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brotherhood_(2006_TV_series)) about a Boston family where one brother was a politician/the other was a gangster. Very good show. Even won a Peabody. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peabody_Award)

I bet she signed on for a quick stint with an option to leave on her own terms or something, in case she wanted to do other work whenever.

Given how much this article posted about the Defiance project in general says they spent on the show, it's pretty staggering. When I read they spent $40 million on Defiance and Game of Thrones spent $60 and you think at the difference in actors between the two shows, Defiance actually had more 'star' or established names, GoT even killed the biggest name off (Sean Bean) and the show still is worlds better for only $20 million more.

Still, $105 million is the rough budget for the project, which includes a staggering $40 million for the TV series alone (for perspective, HBO, the gold standard for expensive TV, shelled out $60 million on Game of Thrones' first season).

Aftershoxx72
08-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Woot first post! Anyway.. He may have been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Why do I envision emails like this circulating in Trion's offices:

"To all Employees.
It has come to our attention that the Ban Hammer normally used to dicipline Players in-game has started running amuk in the offices. All employees are urged to stay in their offices until the crisis has passed. Those that are unable to do so are to do the following: 1. Don't make eye contact. 2. Do NOT approach or try to feed the Ban Hammer. 3. Run quickly to the nearest room with a door and lock it if possible.
If you have come into direct physical contact with the Ban Hammer, please exit the building and wait for further information. You will be contacted via Email reguarding the duration of the Ban."

Merely speculation...

Chrono Trigger
08-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Still, $105 million is the rough budget for the project, which includes a staggering $40 million for the TV series alone (for perspective, HBO, the gold standard for expensive TV, shelled out $60 million on Game of Thrones' first season).

Your sig fancy....

Too good bro

Yewa
08-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Well, the fact that we have 8 pages of speculation without a response from a CM gives me a bad feeling. I'll try to ask this on tomorrow's livestream.

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2013, 09:39 AM
I demand a response!

crasher
08-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Mods are still here. I'm pretty sure the mods provide 24/7 coverage.
Well, except for that whole spam-thing with bots hustling movies on-line that we as forum readers have to report else staff wouldn't notice......

dominad
08-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Wow when I posted this Elizabeth was online and for quite a while and it is still going with no reply but the other people who read the same things remembered the talk too.
I would like an answer.

Yewa
08-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Wow when I posted this Elizabeth was online and for quite a while and it is still going with no reply but the other people who read the same things remembered the talk too.
I would like an answer.

I PM'ed her and asked for her insight with a link to this thread earlier before I went to sleep. I'm pretty sure the community team is aware of this thread by now. If the CM's doesn't answer this thread until tomorrow I'll see if I get lucky and they pick up my question on the livestream tomorrow about this. I actually liked Avocado's style. still hoping this isn't true. But we know many people will not be making the move to redwood.

Gomly
08-22-2013, 12:45 PM
If he was still here we would have been told.

It's likely that they bagged him off and told the community team not to speak of it.

MacDeath
08-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Chris' Linkedin ifo still shows him as the EP of Defiance at Trion. You say, then why doesn't someone from the Community Team say so? Well, very few companies will comment on rumors.

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2013, 12:50 PM
It's a conspiracy!

Gomly
08-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Well, very few companies will comment on rumors.

People have asked a direct question.

It's not hard to pop and say "yep, he's still here" or otherwise.

Only reason they wouldn't be saying he was there is if he wasn't.

Chrono Trigger
08-22-2013, 01:00 PM
People have asked a direct question.

It's not hard to pop and say "yep, he's still here" or otherwise.

Only reason they wouldn't be saying he was there is if he wasn't.

lol, I just love the 9 PAGES of being ignored lol, that sums up Trion nicely.

Yewa
08-22-2013, 01:12 PM
His last post was from a week ago on the alpha forums, his forum profile still shows him as the EP. I think he is still at Trion, he is just silent.

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Chris' Linkedin ifo still shows him as the EP of Defiance at Trion. You say, then why doesn't someone from the Community Team say so? Well, very few companies will comment on rumors.

Not entirely true. We are both MMO Vets, and it isn't uncommon for Rumor-A to say someone has been fired or left, and said individual (or a community manager) step in and say: No worries, person-A is still here working on the game.

This isn't like a rumor of the show or game going away. This is a rumor of an Executive Producer being canned (or quitting) almost immediately after assuming the position. Commenting that he's still present would not be abnormal. Not commenting if he isn't, also would not be.

So, speculation, suspicions, and conspiracy theories continue as expected.

And for a company with already dwindling consumer confidence (including over in the Rift community), constant shake-ups and firings, and now a rumor of the newest Executive Producer being gone on the heels of "Major Changes coming to Defiance," if he isn't it gone then would be good business for dahanese to state as much and put this thing to bed.

MacDeath
08-22-2013, 01:35 PM
I did notice that Trion lists another EP in San Diego, Scot Lane. Maybe he's left over from EoN, or maybe he's the newest EP on Defiance?

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I did notice that Trion lists another EP in San Diego, Scott Lane. Maybe he's left over from EoN, or maybe he's the newest EP on Defiance?

See what I mean? And history has shown, especially with SOE over the past 8 years, that constantly double-speaking, or keeping the community in the dark, is a sure-fire way to lose both customers and revenue.

Whether it is dahanese or her upper management making calls on basic things like this, it isn't doing them any good with the portions of the community already looking at the door (or at least keeping wallets closed).

dahanese
08-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey guys -

We're still sorting out everything involving the San Diego studio and folks coming up here. It's only been two weeks - please hang in there as we sort all this stuff out. :)

August Barkley
08-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Hey guys -

We're still sorting out everything involving the San Diego studio and folks coming up here. It's only been two weeks - please hang in there as we sort all this stuff out. :)

But you can ask the personnel department. They can give an exact answer for a moment, isn`it?

A s0t
08-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Hey guys -

so your gonna fix stuff when every one gets settled in?

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2013, 02:05 PM
But you can ask the personnel department. They can give an exact answer for a moment, isn`it?I think what she is trying to say is that they are waiting for him to decide if he wants to keep his job and move north.

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Hey guys -

Sigh.

There are just too many questions in the air concerning this game, and especially Trion Worlds as a whole. Not your fault that you can't speak of them yet, policy is policy. However, I hope Hartsman understands that he has lost the purchasing power of customers like me, who won't spend on a company whose future has so many doubts and questions circulating about it.

The sooner he and his board figure out what is going on with Trion Worlds, and what the plans are for Defiance and its mentioned major changes, and starts at least providing the normally expected information to the player base (i.e., not asking for the type of corporate info not typically divulged), the better.

He's not just running Rift anymore, and as CEO his decisions and actions have far broader consequences, including how it affects the consumer base and how (or even whether) we spend money on Trion Worlds.

Yewa
08-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Sigh.

There are just too many questions in the air concerning this game, and especially Trion Worlds as a whole. Not your fault that you can't speak of them yet, policy is policy. However, I hope Hartsman understands that he has lost the purchasing power of customers like me, who won't spend on a company whose future has so many doubts and questions circulating about it.

The sooner he and his board figure out what is going on with Trion Worlds, and what the plans are for Defiance and its mentioned major changes, and starts at least providing the normally expected information to the player base (i.e., not asking for the type of corporate info not typically divulged), the better.

He's not just running Rift anymore, and as CEO his decisions and actions have far broader consequences, including how it affects the consumer base and how (or even whether) we spend money on Trion Worlds.

I'm still waiting for an official statement from Trion about all those questions since they changed CEO. They are going through major changes yet no official statement to their playerbase was made. We can only speculate.

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm still waiting for an official statement from Trion about all those questions since they changed CEO. They are going through major changes yet no official statement to their playerbase was made. We can only speculate.

CEO's come and go. Sometimes quickly. I'm waiting to see how long Scott lasts at this point.

dahanese
08-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Rasczak - I hear you, and it's not just "policy" - people honestly don't know what they are doing in some cases. San Diego's a pretty lovely place and folks really like living there. Give them a bit more time. :)

ten4
08-22-2013, 04:21 PM

We are not worth the time to inform, never have and never will; this is how Trion (now) rolls.

And who wants to bet that they will raise these people's salarys to afford the massive increase in living costs so they can move up to the main branch? Not very likely.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2013, 04:31 PM
poor avocado is now guacamole

R.I.P. tasty guy

This about had me spraying water all over my monitor. Good stuff! :)

Which would be a blasted shame, as I love the show.

Likewise. Although, that Nirvana cover during the montage at the end of one of the early episodes almost killed it for me. Glad I gutted it out, because I thought the show improved (if even only slightly) with each and every week.

Iceberg
08-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I guess since we do not have an answer about it, I will just make the assumption that he is longer with us. Thank you chris for your posts and happy trials. Your forum name of green guacamole will be remembered.

Cavadus
08-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Uhhh, dahanese just very clearly stated Chris has not made a decision between moving up to Redwood to stay as Defiance's EP or quit and stay in San Diego where he currently lives.

She can't tell you, or any of us for that matter, what Chris's status is until Chris himself makes a decision.

What she's trying to say is that Chris hasn't decided yet.

Iceberg
08-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Uhhh, dahanese just very clearly stated Chris has not made a decision between moving up to Redwood to stay as Defiance's EP or quit and stay in San Diego where he currently lives.

She can't tell you, or any of us for that matter, what Chris's status is until Chris himself makes a decision.

I know! Sheesh.

MacDeath
08-22-2013, 10:01 PM

I get it. BUT... Until he decides he ought to be doing his job. Part of his job, a small part no doubt, but a crucial part ought to be communicating with the player base from time to time.

In 'normal' times a monthly 'State of the Game' Producer's Letter is about what we should expect. But Defiance hasn't made it to 'normal' times yet. IMO, Chris ought to comment on things like the missing DLC 1 items. On Server stability. On the Status of the relocation to Redwood Shores.

Fancypants
08-22-2013, 10:18 PM

Hey guys -

Umm.. I'm gonna go the other way on this one. I think he's out, she knows it, but isn't allowed to say until they picked someone to replace him.

You don't go two weeks in a major position without the company's main office knowing yea or nay about the person RUNNING IT.

We've seen the last of Chris, but Trion hasn't found a suitable replacement yet and that's why she can't say because even she doesn't know who's replacing him because Trion doesn't even know who to pick. Stay tuned on who that will be after Trion anoints someone.

Rakshasa
08-23-2013, 01:50 AM
My guess would be that with the changes higher up in Trion, there may well be a change in policy on giving out a constant stream of behind-the-scenes info on the inner workings of staff, hirings, firings, etc. If that's the case, I'd understand that, and encourage it.

I'm a near-daily player of the game since pre-ordering for launch day, as well as a season pass and bits purchaser. None of that entitles me to constant updates of insider info about how the company is being restructured behind the scenes. If I were on the board of directors, or a major shareholder in a publicly held company, or even one of their major promotional partners, it would mean I could justifiably expect to be kept in the loop on all that. But I'm not, so it doesn't.

We already know far more than we need to know in my opinion. And since so much of what we do learn along these lines here on the forum is then immediately used as further fuel for the pointless speculation, constant negativity, and even derision directed towards the men and women who make the game, it would not surprise me in the least if a policy decision has been made to do what most privately held companies do: play things a lot closer to the vest from now on, with occasional official press releases when needed. After reading these forums for the last few months, I know I'd certainly consider that, if I were in their position.

Billy Guile
08-23-2013, 02:40 AM
in two weeks, we moved an entire Contingency Operating Post from one side of Iraq to another in 2006. i would love to see what takes two weeks to move with a game company.

Sanguinesun
08-23-2013, 04:06 AM
i would love to see what takes two weeks to move 2-3 people.

Corrected that there, I think :P

MacDeath
08-23-2013, 06:55 AM
in two weeks, we moved an entire Contingency Operating Post from one side of Iraq to another in 2006. i would love to see what takes two weeks to move with a game company.
There's a HUGE difference Billy, no one had to ask the soldiers if they wanted to move. It IS difficult to get a team of civilians to move hundreds of miles. Some of those people have deep ties in San Diego, it could be children in special schools, it could be aged parents with health issues, it could be a spouse who has a great job in San Diego and is unwilling to move, etc.

Back in the day, IBM decided to move a division from Boulder, CO to Tucson, AZ. Both are nice places to live but they are very different. Only about 1/3 of the people invited to move took the move. (I was one of those who moved)

treadingwater
08-23-2013, 07:04 AM
People should be happy Trion even dignifies these personnel decision questions with a response. It's really none of the community's business whether or not someone moves from one location to another. Personally, I'd ignore these kind of questions if I were Trion.

drackiller
08-23-2013, 07:09 AM
My question is : Does Chris Redavacado cares about where any of you going to be in the next hour, day, week, month, whatever ?

Independent of any name that shines here for TRION, they are just doing theyr jobs, they don`t really care about any one of you, me , us, etc.
All and any of them have to follow strict rules about to interact with us, if you think that they will share...you`r just being naive.

They will never tell you anything about company policies, or reasons for why someone leaves the corporation.

What have this Chris Redavacado made that are so significant for your crocodile tears !?

MOVE ON in any direction, complain, criticise, demand but stop asking questions that you know that no one is going to answer.

Zugo
08-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Rasczak - I hear you, and it's not just "policy" - people honestly don't know what they are doing in some cases. San Diego's a pretty lovely place and folks really like living there. Give them a bit more time. :)

Yes, Yes it is. Sits back in chair and gazes out window.

Myria
08-23-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm somewhat confused by people thinking this sort of thing isn't the playerbase's business. I can name the lead dev of pretty much every MMO I've ever played (which, by the way, would be most of them). Interaction between the lead dev, even for an MMO as big as WoW (whose lead dev is Ghostcrawler, aka Greg Street, and he posts fairly frequently on the WoW boards), and the playerbase is so common as to be noteworthy only by its absence.

The playerbase wanting to know who the lead dev is and their thoughts on various aspects of the game and direction thereof isn't some kind of aberration, it is the norm and, frankly, should be expected in this industry.

This game is in trouble. Hell, Trion, let alone this game alone, is in deep doggy do. Much of the playerbase here has no confidence in the game's future. Nor, beyond the blindest of fanboyism, is there really any reason to have any confidence. Keeping the playerbase in the dark about who is steering the boat can only make that worse, not better.

At this point, assuming Trion intends to try and make something of this game, what we need is effective communication from them. Some idea that they actually have a plan, have sufficient resources, both human and finical, to implement it, and that progress is being made.

In other words, pretty much the opposite of what we've had up to now.

treadingwater
08-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Where the lead dev chooses to live is none of the playerbase's business, Myria.

Myria, you like most other trolls here have a very inflated view of your opinion. The game, at least on PS3, is full of players. I know that infuriates you, but it's the truth. The haters and trolls cry and moan about how bad the game is and how its dying, but everywhere I go in game there are tons of players online.

Yewa
08-23-2013, 07:47 AM
I failed to see trolling in Myria's post.

dahanese hinted that he is still deciding about moving or not, but the original question from OP didn't ask about his personal decision, OP just asked if chris was still the executive producer for the game, a very straightforward question.

ralisti
08-23-2013, 07:52 AM
They are probably trying to find someone willing to board this sinking ship. I know they could not afford the price I would want to become EP of Defiance. The damage to my resume would far outweigh what they would be willing to pay.

Trion does not want people to know that management is jumping ship, and the search for a replacement is met with laughter and a hearty 'You have GOT to be kidding' *click*

Fancypants
08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
They are probably trying to find someone willing to board this sinking ship. I know they could not afford the price I would want to become EP of Defiance. The damage to my resume would far outweigh what they would be willing to pay.

Trion does not want people to know that management is jumping ship, and the search for a replacement is met with laughter and a hearty 'You have GOT to be kidding' *click*That makes a lot more sense and why I said dahanese probably already knows Chris is gone, but can't actually say because it's above her paygrade, and out of her area atm.

She is basically a soft-arm of the PR department (in theory); she's not a dev, or anyone who has to put down timetables for the game. She already listed earlier what their job responsibilities are and it's basically PR. No PR people ever are allowed to say anything about anything unless the actual Boss says "do it".

Trion knows Chris isn't coming back. A sensitive high-level position like this doesn't sit around for half a month without any idea of who's running it. Remember when the first EP got canned from here? How long did it take Trion to fill that spot with Chris? Very quickly.

Right now they probably can't get anyone that's competent enough to head the department that actually WANTS to run it, so they may be interviewing outside of the company if they don't think anyone in-house is up to the task. (of heading a whole department, I mean)

Anyone being offered the job from the outside that's any good is thinking exactly what everyone else is: that SyFy could terminate the show after next year, The Division is now announced for PC, Destiny is already pre-selling and why the hell would I want to face all of this unknown at probably a lower salary?

Krazy Karen
08-23-2013, 10:29 AM
That makes a lot more sense and why I said dahanese probably already knows Chris is gone, but can't actually say because it's above her paygrade, and out of her area atm.

She is basically a soft-arm of the PR department (in theory); she's not a dev, or anyone who has to put down timetables for the game. She already listed earlier what their job responsibilities are and it's basically PR. No PR people ever are allowed to say anything about anything unless the actual Boss says "do it".

Trion knows Chris isn't coming back. A sensitive high-level position like this doesn't sit around for half a month without any idea of who's running it. Remember when the first EP got canned from here? How long did it take Trion to fill that spot with Chris? Very quickly.

Right now they probably can't get anyone that's competent enough to head the department that actually WANTS to run it, so they may be interviewing outside of the company if they don't think anyone in-house is up to the task. (of heading a whole department, I mean)

Anyone being offered the job from the outside that's any good is thinking exactly what everyone else is: that SyFy could terminate the show after next year, The Division is now announced for PC, Destiny is already pre-selling and why the hell would I want to face all of this unknown at probably a lower salary?

I agree with most of those points, but that's a little harsh.....

Fancypants
08-23-2013, 10:33 AM
I agree with most of those points, but that's a little harsh.....Apologies, I didn't mean to insult any devs here.

What I mean is not every company has the employees that can step up and take over a head position, or even want to. Many employees are happy just showing up day/day and getting the paycheck.

My sense is that Trion has already went through available 'leaders' who they would consider for Chris' job and most of them flat out said 'no' for one reason or another, or the ones that want it aren't what Trion wants atm.

I mean, its not like the military where you just pass your test and get a promotion as next in line, even if you actually suck at your job and people under you can do it better.

This means that Trion is probably conducting outside interviews for someone who's more of a proven manager, even if they don't know the game top/bottom.

MacDeath
08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm fine with Chris keeping the job if he wants too. IF he doesn't, there is a VERY good candidate already in the Bay Area who used to work VERY closely with Scott. I'm speaking of Russ Brown who was a Producer on Rift. Scott knows plenty of other candidates. I'm guessing the job IS Chris' IF he want's it. If he doesn't decide soon, Someone else will have to decide for him.

Fancypants
08-23-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm fine with Chris keeping the job if he wants too. IF he doesn't, there is a VERY good candidate already in the Bay Area who used to work VERY closely with Scott. I'm speaking of Russ Brown who was a Producer on Rift. Scott knows plenty of other candidates. I'm guessing the job IS Chris' IF he want's it. If he doesn't decide soon, Someone else will have to decide for him.Wrong. Russ Brown is now the Director of Product Development at Electronic Arts. Seriously doubt he'd leave there to come to Trion.

Iceberg
08-23-2013, 01:43 PM
I mean, its not like the military where you just pass your test and get a promotion as next in line, even if you actually suck at your job and people under you can do it better.

This sounds like retail jobs heh.

A s0t
08-23-2013, 01:44 PM
This sounds like retail jobs heh.
no that's the DMV. how stupid are those people really?

Fancypants
08-23-2013, 02:19 PM
no that's the DMV. how stupid are those people really?Depends on if it's privatized or state run.

If it's privatized, they don't have much incentive to work hard because they get doodoo pay.

If it's state run, they don't have much incentive to work hard because they are unionized.

Either way, they are both equally as stupid for working in a DMV where they take abuse for little money anyways.

Billy Guile
08-24-2013, 01:12 AM

fancypants, you genius.