PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Screw Up One Day Delivery

Blastiel
04-01-2013, 03:32 AM
SE supposed to arrive on the 2nd will now be arriving on the 3rd. Even though it could have been dispatched to a courier for tomorrow they managed to balls it up.

GRRRRRRR

JustAHermit
04-01-2013, 03:35 AM
You might be able to complain to Amazon... They might... give you... credit?! I'm not sure though.

Thee Apothecary
04-01-2013, 03:36 AM
but then one day delivery they will say it takes 1 day yea great customer service isnt it amazon are the equivalent of fraudsters

Harsk
04-01-2013, 03:50 AM
Sucks. I will have my physical copy in my hand no later than 10:02 tomorrow morning. I never preorder anymore.

Renegade336
04-01-2013, 03:53 AM
I only ever use ShopTo for pre-orders. Been using them about a year now and every game i've pre-ordered has turned up a minimum of 1 day early. Had Defiance pop through the door on saturday morning. Highly recommend them.

Blastiel
04-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Didn't use Amazon through choice, got the UE on pre-order and so I arranged to buy the SE to play until it turns up and then ship it back for a refund.

Fiontar
04-01-2013, 04:14 AM
I was going to just say that sometimes the shipping estimates given for release day orders are inaccurate and they actually do manage to arrive on release day. This has happened to me twice, where the estimate was a day late, but it actually arrived on time.

However, after reading your last comment, I sort of hope it is late. You are going to buy the game, use the code, making it useless to others, then send it back to be resold? That strikes me as a serious lack of ethics, so maybe Karma will take proper care of you.

For those who are making legitimate Amazon purchases and show an arrival day a day late, you may actually get it ontime and, in your case, I really hope you do.

Thee Apothecary
04-01-2013, 04:16 AM
I was going to just say that sometimes the shipping estimates given for release day orders are inaccurate and they actually do manage to arrive on release day. This has happened to me twice, where the estimate was a day late, but it actually arrived on time.

However, after reading your last comment, I sort of hope it is late. You are going to buy the game, use the code, making it useless to others, then send it back to be resold? That strikes me as a serious lack of ethics, so maybe Karma will take proper care of you.

For those who are making legitimate Amazon purchases and show an arrival day a day late, you may actually get it ontime and, in your case, I really hope you do.

amazon stated that people who have been delayed can send a SE for a full refund

Harsk
04-01-2013, 04:17 AM
Didn't use Amazon through choice, got the UE on pre-order and so I arranged to buy the SE to play until it turns up and then ship it back for a refund.

Um... wtf? lol

Thee Apothecary
04-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Um... wtf? lol

ultimate edition is 64 quid you get a season pass you can only get it from amazon there was no choice for many of us

FantasyMeister
04-01-2013, 04:25 AM
My Amazon.co.uk order went ok, ordered SE a few days ago, they shipped first class on Saturday, should be here Tuesday. I'm in the hands of Royal Fail now but Amazon definitely did their bit so no grumbles here.

JohnMcClane
04-01-2013, 05:10 AM
Amazon did dispatched most of my games on release date .
Companies know and have "grace time" .

Pre orders and loose ends ,i wonder how much damage it does partners ,wasted time and time is money ,bad publicity angry customers.
Pre orders failboat is part of every game release.

What about an option to pay your pre order with no way to cancel it as an option?
I would use it to as if i want some i want it and iam willing to use my freedom to pass my right to cancel.

Freedom is being able to make a choice to me ,even if i deny my rights i should have the freedom to do so :D

Blastiel
04-01-2013, 05:16 AM

No I am sending back the item as agreed with Amazon. Knowing how retail works Amazon will simply send it back to the supplier for a refund due to the UE delivery screw up.

If you would like to apologise for the aggressive nature of your post and the fact you wish Karma to "take proper care of me" it would be appreciated and to use your own terms perhaps prevent Karma from kicking you back in the ***?

iiReLaX o
04-01-2013, 05:22 AM
Well GameStop is supposed to be shipping my game today, and without a tracking number I have no clue when it's supposed to arrive.They said it would be here on the 2nd though, but it doesn't seem like it. So Amazon isn't the only one messing up orders

fasttrack76
04-01-2013, 05:25 AM
I only ever use ShopTo for pre-orders. Been using them about a year now and every game i've pre-ordered has turned up a minimum of 1 day early. Had Defiance pop through the door on saturday morning. Highly recommend them.

yep im with you there,theyve never let me down yet in a 1 1/2 years

Pragmatic
04-01-2013, 05:27 AM
ultimate edition is 64 quid you get a season pass you can only get it from amazon there was no choice for many of us

Same, but the new release date for UE of 12th is when I get back from India anyways so yay, although I must say it IS NOT Amazon's fault, merely the fault of the 3r party logistics company.

Chivaro
04-01-2013, 05:33 AM
Yeah I only really use Shopto too. I have been using them for years and they haven't let me down yet.
The last time I ordered from game was for the dead space 3 limited edition (wasn't available on Shopto) and it arrived on the following Monday. If there's a special edition I really want that's exclusive to game, then I guess I have no choice sometimes.
I do only trust Shopto for preorders. It usually arrives a day early, which is just icing on the cake, to a terrific service.

hybridsteel
04-01-2013, 05:43 AM
shopto got me my copy by saturday ordered it thursday downside it has been a bank holiday and a lot of people probably went one day delivery which could cause problems.. i rely on shopto because they get the games to you before date of release and good price's

Big Bear
04-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Any opened copy of Defiance sent back to Amazon will be rejected by the returns department.

Slade Wilson
04-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Paid for day 1 from best buy. Got receipt says 4/2 or 4/3. O well

DFawkes
04-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Any opened copy of Defiance sent back to Amazon will be rejected by the returns department.

Unless of course it's already been negotiated and confirmed in writing, such as in good sir Blastiel's case. I read the whole saga in another thread, it was agreed they'd accept the return because of the exceptional circumstance, as well as them making it very clear it was against usual policy.

As such, I certainly wouldn't risk it myself as I've got nothing from them to signify they agree. Though I live just down the road from Europe's returns department (they all come to Scotland) so could always go and try and kick up a fuss ;) Assuming I could get past all the security. Worse than an airport, getting in there!

Nazdreg
04-01-2013, 06:13 AM
Well GameStop is supposed to be shipping my game today, and without a tracking number I have no clue when it's supposed to arrive.They said it would be here on the 2nd though, but it doesn't seem like it. So Amazon isn't the only one messing up orders

I still haven't heard from them about mine. I sent in a email questionnaire about it almost a week ago. Looking like I'll not be using them anymore. Just irritated they were the only ones to offer a UE in America.

Big Bear
04-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Again, I have asked for advice on this issue. I have been told that Amazon will not accept the return of a used game for a full refund. The delay is not deemed to be an exceptional circumstance. I know it's not what people want to hear but if they open the game they will not be refunded.

Kage
04-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Amazon really made a mess of this one.
I followed the link from the nice UE delay email they sent me, ordered a standard copy (which I intend to settle for and keep) and chose the delivery option clearly marked to 'get it by the 2nd of April'.
Up until this morning it was estimated for delivery by 0900 on the 2nd - and was dispatching soon.
On dispatch it cheekily changed to the 3rd.
Guess I better print a returns label ready for when it isnt here on time......

BleakPanther
04-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Again, I have asked for advice on this issue. I have been told that Amazon will not accept the return of a used game for a full refund. The delay is not deemed to be an exceptional circumstance. I know it's not what people want to hear but if they open the game they will not be refunded.

Again after the **** storm regarding the delay, having been confirmed in text multiple times with several representatives the deal that some have come to terms with Amazon is different from what you've been told. Unfortunately you may have gotten a bad piece of intel or someone that didn't have the info that the others have. If you are correct, be prepared for an even bigger storm since its been confirmed by different reps of Amazon in writing.

If I am not mistaken, you are an Amazon Rep. Find yourself a blast helmet because your co-workers/associates have lit the fuse on some of the most annoying explosives the world knows - Angry, bored GAMERS! :p

Jesse
04-01-2013, 07:05 AM
That is just wrong. Shame on you Amazon.