PDA

View Full Version : Why is every roadside emergency a Volge attack now?

Logan_Dragonus
08-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I know they introduced the Volge sieges and whatnot, but every time I come up on a roadside event since the update, it is all Volge all the time. What happened to the Infected, and the regular Raider roadblocks, the Skitter Matriarchs, and whanot? Every single situation seems to be Volge now, which is very annoying for me, as I have yet to take out a group of them solo. Are they all supposed to be Volge events, or is this a bug?

TOREOS
08-21-2013, 05:19 PM
I agree, as good as i have gotten at dodging them now, it would be nice to see some of the other enemies in the game for once.

Logan_Dragonus
08-21-2013, 10:50 PM
What makes it more annoying is that the last 5 I found were during the last 5 side missions I was doing. Each of those side missions had a Volge thing right where the marker was. It is making it impossible to do some of these side missions.

SHADOWBROKER
08-21-2013, 10:52 PM
I agree, as good as i have gotten at dodging them now, it would be nice to see some of the other enemies in the game for once.

rotflao i need this

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 10:58 PM
man.. that must really stink. As a division we just did a death march.. all the way from the Earth Republic camp down to Coit Tower on foot.. and we saw every different version of roadside emergencies out there. We did see a lot of Volge ones, but there where still plenty of raider, hellbug, 99er, and Dark Matter emergencies. All in all, I'd say there where about even in number. And this was a 17 to 20 person march down the map, so it's not like I'm the only one who saw it that way :)

I'm thinking your just having some really bad luck man!

Nefarious
08-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Because the Volge armed forces are in the Bay Area. I for one think its awesome. Its like a land mass war going on, and ppl are actually grouping up and going down roads to clear them. And ppl are just helping eachother more in general because of the Volge threat. It makes this whole Volge event special. A real impact on the game world.

dude26212
08-21-2013, 11:13 PM
my guess is there are still a large number of people who have some difficulty alone against the volge so alot of people just run right by (those who dont have a big problem with them just dont want to bother cause they have a arkfall or something to get to) so alot of people are doin the easier ones which sooner or later cycle to a volge which then gets ignored like the rest. also the afflicted are gone until there is another rewind event

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 11:15 PM
my guess is there are still a large number of people who have some difficulty alone against the volge so alot of people just run right by (those who dont have a big problem with them just dont want to bother cause they have a arkfall or something to get to) so alot of people are doin the easier ones which sooner or later cycle to a volge which then gets ignored like the rest. also the afflicted are gone until there is another rewind event

That's a good point, so I'll throw out the solution to the "unsoloable" mindset..

FRC Saw + Canker + Overcharge = Volge Munching Goodness in Solo-mode.

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.. ENJOY!

Logan_Dragonus
08-21-2013, 11:16 PM
No clue what a rewind event is, but that explains why everything is Volge. It is just very annoying to be trying to do a side mission and have Volge waiting for you at the quest marker. They are almost impossible to defeat solo (at least, for me), so to have them stop me from completing a side mission is very annoying.

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 11:21 PM
No clue what a rewind event is, but that explains why everything is Volge. It is just very annoying to be trying to do a side mission and have Volge waiting for you at the quest marker. They are almost impossible to defeat solo (at least, for me), so to have them stop me from completing a side mission is very annoying.

Look at my post above you. THat loadout and keep moving.. and if your solo, you'll munch through the volge emergency with no problems.

A s0t
08-21-2013, 11:26 PM
I know they introduced the Volge sieges and whatnot, but every time I come up on a roadside event since the update, it is all Volge all the time. What happened to the Infected, and the regular Raider roadblocks, the Skitter Matriarchs, and whanot? Every single situation seems to be Volge now, which is very annoying for me, as I have yet to take out a group of them solo. Are they all supposed to be Volge events, or is this a bug?trion hates us for *****ing in the forums, and it their way of punishment and thy are going to nerf all the guns even further

dude26212
08-21-2013, 11:30 PM

a rewind event is where they go back and bring back old episode content. this last one was a really long one from i think the last episode of the show till i think it was last friday. i think most of them are weekend events though. i know there has been at least one short rewind event. so if they have another one you'll get things like the piper missions, nolan and irissa missions and the afflicted and other things

Logan_Dragonus
08-21-2013, 11:44 PM
I was wondering where those Nolan and Irisa missions went. I was seeing the Episode Missions everywhere (I thought it was a replay event), then they just disappeared. If I knew they were going away, I would have tried to grind them all out.

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 11:47 PM
I was wondering where those Nolan and Irisa missions went. I was seeing the Episode Missions everywhere (I thought it was a replay event), then they just disappeared. If I knew they were going away, I would have tried to grind them all out.

They had them up for what.. 2 or 3 weeks.. and it was on the loader that they where coming down before the DLC launched.. they probably won't be back again.. sorry!

Spiltmilk
08-21-2013, 11:51 PM
That's pretty much what I was thinking as well. Most players probably don't bother to doing them and end up passing them.

Not sure if it's because of the seiges but the Volge emergencies don't seem to drop gear like they used to, so I guess that is even less incentive to do them.

Logan_Dragonus
08-21-2013, 11:52 PM
I know they had them up for awhile, but they also had many many server issues at night when I was trying to play. As for the message on the loader, I didn't even see it, so that is my fault.
But, back to the main issue, I would love to get an official response on why everything is Volge now, but I know that will never happen. I miss Raider roadblocks and whatnot.

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 11:53 PM
I know they had them up for awhile, but they also had many many server issues at night when I was trying to play. As for the message on the loader, I didn't even see it, so that is my fault.
But, back to the main issue, I would love to get an official response on why everything is Volge now, but I know that will never happen. I miss Raider roadblocks and whatnot.

OK..

This is not *OFFICIAL*...

But everything is NOT Volge now. The other emergencies are still out there in world, in force. Relax.. all is well with the world.. learn to kill off the volge, then in a few minutes when you drive by that same spot again, you'll see a different enemy group!

Ohhhhsahhhh.... Ohhhhsahhhhh

Kaiselius
08-22-2013, 12:31 AM
Doesn't help that they seriously nerfed their loot drop. Before the update you'd always get at least a blue from the final mob and all the others would usually drp whites. Now you are lucky to get even a single white from the entire thing. They just are not worth the trouble anymore.
Can't even use them as skill up fodder like some of the other emergencies since they'll shred you if you don't go all out on them.

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 12:40 AM
because at one point, we suggested we would like to fight them. so of course, that meant we wanted every single encounter to be volge. duh.

PseudoCool
08-22-2013, 12:45 AM
OH.. My.. GAWDS!

I seriously think some people need to hit the lotto, buy their own game company, and show the whole world how tis supposed to be run.. because obviously the rest of us have no clue huh?