PDA

View Full Version : Trion's Deplorable Business Practices

Lusus Naturae
08-21-2013, 06:59 PM
[Public Notice]
Submitted Support Case
Issue 130822-000463

On July 6, 2013 I purchased the Season Pass. My Season Pass order number is: (in the support case). I updated Defiance today and logged in to claim my pre-paid new content yet there was nothing in my stores "Claim Items". I logged out and logged back in as instructed by the start screen message, again no items. I logged out and then back in again still no items. I pre-paid you $39.99 for new content yet I don't have it!

You have taken my money yet not delivered the service. Poor business practices such as your are exposed to the Better Business Bureau and this is my next action. With several prior support cases and this latest slight with the Season Pass I am beyond fed up with Trion and I made it known in resent Viewer's Voice Panel polls and iTrack's Syfy Defiance online Bulletin Board discussion group.

I want what I paid for within 24 hours of submitting this or I want my money back and will cut ties with Trion and your deplorable business practices.

DeadMike
08-21-2013, 07:03 PM
How can you accuse them of having "deplorable business practices" at the same time you're notifying them of your problem? I could see you saying that IF they replied to your message and said they weren't going to do anything... But telling them that before they are even given a chance to fix your problem is absurd.

Lusus Naturae
08-21-2013, 07:10 PM
My post is meant for Trion not trolls.
Also you need to fully READ before you troll.
I SAID: "With several prior support cases and this latest slight with the Season Pass I am beyond fed up with Trion"

Youkai Risu
08-21-2013, 07:20 PM
I SAID: "With several prior support cases and this latest slight with the Season Pass I am beyond fed up with Trion"

I second your feelings and hate that trion thinks that it's ok to pull this crap. I for one will never buy another trion game again. They put more stress into my life trying to play the game than to kill the stress. I expected them to learn of their mistakes but obviously not. I m contacting Microsoft to get a refund for the season pass, the game, all of that. It's unplayable anymore.

Thundah
08-21-2013, 07:24 PM
you guys are lucky you don't have it on ps3 (us) we don't even have the dlc yet

WyRD
08-21-2013, 07:34 PM
I have the same issue (PC USER), purchased season Pass, no content :( not impressed , all I got for my $ was that dumb hellbug cap bleh , I've sent a ticket in as well

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Its just in the laundry list of well known issues at this point. Not a darn thing anyone can do about it to hold them accountable other than perhaps asking for a refund(and that's perhaps going to be a challenge for them given everything else).

DeadMike
08-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Your post was not meant for trion. That's what the ticket you sent was for. Copying the content of the ticket you sent and posting it in the general discussion section is basically an invitation for people to discuss what you've posted.

Lusus Naturae
08-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Youkai Risu: I agree, no matter if Trion releases a game that could over shadow WoW (in their dreams) I wouldn't buy another Trion game.

WyRD: You TOO! Their business practices of taking our money months in advance for a service and then not delivering the service is the whole reason for this Public Notice. Unfortunatly buying video games (or their DLC) is not like dinning out, you can't pay after you've partaken. Or in the case of gamming, played; which would actually ensure you had access to it.

Youkai Risu
08-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Youkai Risu: I agree, no matter if Trion releases a game that could over shadow WoW (in their dreams) I wouldn't buy another Trion game.

WyRD: You TOO! Their business practices of taking our money months in advance for a service and then not delivering the service is the whole reason for this Public Notice. Unfortunatly buying video games (or their DLC) is not like dinning out, you can't pay after you've partaken. Or in the case of gamming, played; which would actually ensure you had access to it.

Yah I m done with trion. Taking off rift off my pc and I m never touching another trion game. I m seriously thinking of legal actions as well depending on what Microsoft says.

Lusus Naturae
08-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Dead Mike: I will assume (for reasons I will not insult you on) that you don't know the common practice of a [Public Notice] (the first line of my post). Here let me educate you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_notice

DeadMike
08-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Dead Mike: I will assume (for reasons I will not insult you on) that you don't know the common practice of a [Public Notice] (the first line of my post). Here let me educate you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_notice
First you say your message was meant for Trion, now you say it was meant for the public...please make up your mind. And, if you were indeed posting this for the public (which is what I was claiming you were doing in my second post, that you seem to not have picked up on) why would you get upset when the public responds?

Or when you say the word "public", are you really meaning to say "only those who agree with what I'm saying" ?

Calysia
08-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Yah I m done with trion. Taking off rift off my pc and I m never touching another trion game. I m seriously thinking of legal actions as well depending on what Microsoft says.

That's hilarious...spend thousands of dollars in legal fees over $100 +/- for a game purchase.

Harlequin_Felis
08-21-2013, 08:17 PM

In all fairness, Lusus, I do not think trolling means what you think it means. DeadMike hadn't posted something reactionary to get a rise out of you - he simply expressed his disagreement with your post based off his view of what a 'deplorable' model actually entails.
A troll is not simply anybody who disagrees with you. I'm not attacking you over this, just taking issue with the reaction you had to a relatively civil response to your post - which I can understand, given that your feelings are obviously running rather high on this matter.
What might help you resolve this is giving us some details - did you buy from Trion or through Steam? If through Steam, did you activate the key for your items? Have you received a response through the support channels from Trion regarding this matter?

Youkai Risu
08-21-2013, 08:19 PM
That's hilarious...spend thousands of dollars in legal fees over $100 +/- for a game purchase.

Umm try over bits, stress ect. I don't get my refund by Microsoft and I ll Definatetly look into legal actions. It's not really the amount I put in. It's the fundamentals of holding people accountable.

Acelee
08-21-2013, 08:20 PM
look at all the no life fan boys trying to come to trions rescue. its clear that all these fans boys are still wet behind the ears and are still playing with mommy and daddy's credit card, cause if they where using their own hard earned cash then they would feel different when they are getting ripped off.

Lusus Naturae
08-21-2013, 08:20 PM
DeadMike: Did you even read the definition of a [Public Notice]? Obviously you are a child and clueless about things that are beyond your education even though I have given you the answer.

I see you are as I first commented on; a troll. I will not engage with your childish trolling any more. And by the way "engage" doesn't mean: to intend to marry.

DeadMike
08-21-2013, 08:32 PM
DeadMike: Did you even read the definition of a [Public Notice]?
Very well. Since you seem so dead set on using this term as a definition for what you are doing, please inform me which of these definitions of "public notice" (taken directly from the page you linked to) applies to the purpose you posted your message:

By government
Public notices are issued by a government agency or legislative body in certain rulemaking or lawmaking proceeding.
It is a requirement in most jurisdictions, in order to allow members of the public to make their opinions on proposals known before a rule or law is made.
For local government, public notice is often given by those seeking a liquor license, a rezoning or variance, or other minor approval which must be granted by a city council, county commission, or board of supervisors.

By private individuals or companies
Parties to some legal proceedings, such as foreclosures, probate, and estate actions are sometimes required to publish public notices.

In communications
Public notices are sometimes required when seeking a new broadcast license from a national broadcasting authority, or a change to modification to an existing license.
U.S. broadcast stations are required to give public notice on the air that they are seeking a license renewal from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), or that they are ending analog TV service early during the digital television transition in the United States.[citation needed] Records of these public notices must often be kept in a station's public file.

HINT: none of these definitions apply here

Acelee
08-21-2013, 08:36 PM
dead mike go 2 or 3 post up and read what i said cause i am sure it fits you for sure.

DeadMike
08-21-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm not a trion fanboy, not by a long shot. In fact I haven't even said a single thing about how I feel about them one way or the other in this topic. I simply commented on how he opened this topic with a statement that seemed a bit over exaggerated. He then decided to reply to me like an **hole, so now he gets treated like an ***hole.

Nadar
08-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Very well. Since you seem so dead set on using this term as a definition for what you are doing, please inform me which of these definitions of "public notice" (taken directly from the page you linked to) applies to the purpose you posted your message:

By government
Public notices are issued by a government agency or legislative body in certain rulemaking or lawmaking proceeding.
It is a requirement in most jurisdictions, in order to allow members of the public to make their opinions on proposals known before a rule or law is made.
For local government, public notice is often given by those seeking a liquor license, a rezoning or variance, or other minor approval which must be granted by a city council, county commission, or board of supervisors.

By private individuals or companies
Parties to some legal proceedings, such as foreclosures, probate, and estate actions are sometimes required to publish public notices.

In communications
Public notices are sometimes required when seeking a new broadcast license from a national broadcasting authority, or a change to modification to an existing license.
U.S. broadcast stations are required to give public notice on the air that they are seeking a license renewal from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), or that they are ending analog TV service early during the digital television transition in the United States.[citation needed] Records of these public notices must often be kept in a station's public file.

HINT: none of these definitions apply here

DeadMike, the mistake you're making is trying to use logic and have a rational discussion. That doesn't work when you're dealing with baby trolls. In this type of situation, you need to just give them their bottle of liquid schtako and send them off to bed.

CptBadger
08-21-2013, 09:35 PM

Welcome to MMOs.

Welcome to forums.

I'M TAKING LEGAL ACTIONS AGAINST *instert company name here* is pretty much a post that crops up every week on every MMO forum.

/facepalm

Harlequin_Felis
08-21-2013, 09:56 PM
So the real question is: Do we drink out of sheer despair at these examples of the human race in general, or do we at least try to make a proper drinking game out of it?

Speaking of examples...

look at all the no life fan boys trying to come to trions rescue. its clear that all these fans boys are still wet behind the ears and are still playing with mommy and daddy's credit card, cause if they where using their own hard earned cash then they would feel different when they are getting ripped off.

Really, Acelee? Because I haven't seen a single person defending Trion in this thread thus far; mindlessly or otherwise. Your reading comprehension is lacking, sir. As is your understanding of Wheaton's Law.

Fendorn
08-21-2013, 11:46 PM
PC users: goto this website and enter the code you were given: https://defiance.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow

if you use steam:

To access the cd key of the season pass goto your library/cd keys/ and you should see 2 cd keys one for the game itself and the other is the season pass then you copy and then paste to the link I posted above.

Acelee
08-22-2013, 12:13 AM
So the real question is: Do we drink out of sheer despair at these examples of the human race in general, or do we at least try to make a proper drinking game out of it?

Speaking of examples...

Really, Acelee? Because I haven't seen a single person defending Trion in this thread thus far; mindlessly or otherwise. Your reading comprehension is lacking, sir. As is your understanding of Wheaton's Law.

really?? so it looks like to me that your the one that has no reading comprehension. Read the title of the post. and i am not as dumb as i am sure you look, fanboy. so just keep that hole in you face shut.

PseudoCool
08-22-2013, 12:31 AM
really?? so it looks like to me that your the one that has no reading comprehension. Read the title of the post. and i am not as dumb as i am sure you look, fanboy. so just keep that hole in you face shut.

Now now.. don't go trolling the trolls who are trolling the trolls trolls.. otherwise things will get all sorts of troll-ific up in here, and we don't need that level of troll-rage. So please, by all means.. take it down a few notches before things get messy.. like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Psion/131569-memes-the-art-of-trolling_zps553d13a8.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Psion/media/131569-memes-the-art-of-trolling_zps553d13a8.jpg.html)

Harlequin_Felis
08-22-2013, 12:56 AM
So quick to resort to the insults, Acelee. I think somebody's projecting.
I'll leave you in peace - you strike me as the kind of person who it'd be pretty much pointless to even try to reason with. Do try to remember next time that somebody who disagrees with you isn't instantly a 'fanboy' or even attacking you. You might find people listen to you a bit more closely that way.
Have a good day.

WyRD
08-22-2013, 01:17 AM
PC users: goto this website and enter the code you were given: https://defiance.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow

if you use steam:

To access the cd key of the season pass goto your library/cd keys/ and you should see 2 cd keys one for the game itself and the other is the season pass then you copy and then paste to the link I posted above.

I made a digital purchase of the game via Triton, never received a code to enter, as far as i am aware the season pass DLC content goes live automatically when the DLC goes live. anyway alas I'll just have to wait for a patch or a update to my ticket and see what happens :(

Acelee
08-22-2013, 01:49 AM
So quick to resort to the insults, Acelee. I think somebody's projecting.
I'll leave you in peace - you strike me as the kind of person who it'd be pretty much pointless to even try to reason with. Do try to remember next time that somebody who disagrees with you isn't instantly a 'fanboy' or even attacking you. You might find people listen to you a bit more closely that way.
Have a good day.

Hmm, I think i am pretty sure you insulted me first, unless..... you are a Fanboi. and if you are than i guess your right i insulted you. i will let you be. have a nice day :)

Mercy Killing
08-22-2013, 03:50 AM
and i am not as dumb as i am sure you look, .

...I'm still trying to figure this one out.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/joelsean1966/nathan-fillion-reaction-gif_zpsba8f5f40.gif (http://s147.photobucket.com/user/joelsean1966/media/nathan-fillion-reaction-gif_zpsba8f5f40.gif.html)

Acelee
08-24-2013, 06:01 AM
...I'm still trying to figure this one out.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/joelsean1966/nathan-fillion-reaction-gif_zpsba8f5f40.gif (http://s147.photobucket.com/user/joelsean1966/media/nathan-fillion-reaction-gif_zpsba8f5f40.gif.html)

Really?? was you having a moment???? cause i keep reading what i said and i still cant see what your talking bout. its seems pretty clear what i said. but i do get what you mean cause when you first look at it, it seems kind of off, but keep reading it and its clear what i am saying.

TigrisMorte
08-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Really?? was you having a moment???? cause i keep reading what i said and i still cant see what your talking bout. its seems pretty clear what i said. but i do get what you mean cause when you first look at it, it seems kind of off, but keep reading it and its clear what i am saying.

Hey, I know it seems everyone is on ya'. Just relax a moment. Calm breathing. There that is better.
Now, you come across very defensive, I respect that. But you have no need.
No one can insult you without your help.
None of these folks are better than you.
Sure some have better grammar and more maturity but that just makes them, well, them.

You are you.
No one can take that from you.
or the sky.

Tyger
08-25-2013, 04:11 AM
stuff & things...

Not to rehash an often used question on my part but...

...why are you here?

This is the General - PC section of the forums. You'd get more traction from your threat if you submitted it in the appropriate area such as, ummm ohhhhh hmmmmm - Bugs & Issues. At the very least you could have typed this up and delivered it to the support section of Trion Worlds, Inc.

This is like the umpteenth 'legal' depravity thread I've come across where the OP is trying to act all business up front while slamming anyone that points out their QQ for what it is as "trolling." You want a serious response, put it where it belongs. Coming here and soapboxin' us with your issue the way you present it is blatantly screaming "Look at me, Look at me!! I'm upset and I demand attention or else!"

Were you hoping to wrangle up a pitchfork&torch mob to help run up the castle walls of Trion from here? I often notice that to be the case when one outspoken individual isn't entirely in the right but figures if they have enough voices backing them they can get what they want regardless. o.0

I should start a thesis on modern gaming psychology and the detriment of face-to-screen-to screen-to-face interactions.

*puffs on his bubble-pipe from the comfort of his Forum-Hammock*

...perplexing indeed. -.-

Striker
08-28-2013, 09:46 AM
This is like the umpteenth 'legal' depravity thread I've come across where the OP is trying to act all business up front while slamming anyone that points out their QQ for what it is as "trolling." You want a serious response, put it where it belongs. Coming here and soapboxin' us with your issue the way you present it is blatantly screaming "Look at me, Look at me!! I'm upset and I demand attention or else!"

The OP is just angry and, at best, incompetent. There is absolutely no legal standing for any sort of gripe he has. Software not working correctly is different than not delivering the purchased product. Software also takes time to fix, if and when it is broken, and at this point there has not been enough time that has passed to make any sort of legal claim. Not to mention that Trion as a company still exists and is very vocal with their client base, losing further support for any sort of legal claim.

There are plenty of things wrong with the game. Most of which I find to be quite shocking based on being a developer myself. That still doesn't mean there is any possibility of the OP bringing anything to civil court and had the OP been less bark and more bite he would have heard that directly from a lawyer instead of making themselves out to be a tool.

In the end, at least we get to have a nice laugh at the OP's expense. It is always fun to witness a rant and the subsequent responses from a person that has less logic than a 5 year old! :D

Eltruism
08-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Happy customer since day one. Quick responses to tickets. Straight to the point answers. And beyond 60$ worth of content, not to mention the first DLC...which could have been better but still offers more then enough content for what I paid.

The gaming industry IS deplorable business. Not just for one game but for all of them. Being successful at this sector of business is not a guaranteed thing but, like I said, I am satisfied. Even with the show.

But, as always, people like to point fingers. They point at the entity "Trion", a company, instead of the competence of the people doing the real work and at the same time, the people doing the real work, hide behind the entity.

Desthayl
08-28-2013, 04:38 PM

It's probably because English is his first language.