PDA

View Full Version : Devs, what is the issue with the game timing out so much?

Reichlyn
08-21-2013, 09:14 PM
On the PS3 NA server, its hard to even get in game. I get timed out errors constantly, somtimes I finally get in but eventually get kicked again then start getting timed out errors again. Others are reporting this as well, what is the issue. I think we deserve to know at least when this is going to be fixed.

dominad
08-21-2013, 09:15 PM
On the PS3 NA server, its hard to even get in game. I get timed out errors constantly, somtimes I finally get in but eventually get kicked again then start getting timed out errors again. Others are reporting this as well, what is the issue. I think we deserve to know at least when this is going to be fixed.

Apparently its Sony America and they are waiting to hear what the backend issue is with the DLC but also working on the server?

Screenshot of the notes so far:
http://img282.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=35142_defa_122_164lo.jpg
Although xbox users ae now having issues too.

Smoky
08-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Happens with the Xbox 360 version as well. It's just Trion's crap servers.

Nefarious
08-21-2013, 09:22 PM
New content = more players flooding the game world.

Just look at all the purple dots at sieges and Dark Matter Ark falls.

Reichlyn
08-21-2013, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Nefarious;1192795]New content = more players flooding the game world.

Just look at all the purple dots at sieges and Dark Matter Ark falls.[/Q

On the PS3, Arkfalls have had a ton of people even before the DLC, so it isnt that. Something has gotten screwed up in the coding again after patching the DLC content in. Trion needs to get this fixed, its getting ridiculous, and Im usually a patient person.

Reichlyn
08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
I have been trying for an hour now to get back in, still keep getting timed out issue. On my 50th attempt to get back in, or close to it.

WARDUKE
08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Well, online games take next to nothing on bandwidth, so I would think it is hardware related at the server end.

dominad
08-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, online games take next to nothing on bandwidth, so I would think it is hardware related at the server end.

Yea but we had that excuse last week when all the xbox players could not connect they replaced server blades.

WARDUKE
08-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Well, you know how when you take your car in to get something fixed and the next week something else breaks on it... :D

I mean, it really does suck that the PS3 and Xbox crowd are having issues, but I see no reason to sweat on it. I'd just play something else, maybe come back to it on Monday or something. I own it for the PS3, but I honestly prefer to play games on my PC. Steam is nice.

dominad
08-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Well, you know how when you take your car in to get something fixed and the next week something else breaks on it... :D

I mean, it really does suck that the PS3 and Xbox crowd are having issues, but I see no reason to sweat on it. I'd just play something else, maybe come back to it on Monday or something. I own it for the PS3, but I honestly prefer to play games on my PC. Steam is nice.

Does not bother me I dont play anymore but there is tons of clan members wanting to know what is going on. People on pc are having their own issues and if they were having to do that ind of weekly maintenance... well pffff

Jet1337
08-21-2013, 09:58 PM
This game is half-unplayable. I can't do matchmaking because it fails to start matches and this goes for the arenas. I payed ****ing money for a broken product. I hope Trion fixes this **** soon and gives some good compensation. Technically they can be sued for charging money for a broken product that THEY KNEW was broken. Just a matter of time before someone does that.

Today was the first time I experienced so many problems with this game. First it was the floating Hellbug Hellion hive, then the horrible lag, then the unplayable matchmaking and arenas, and then the ****load of timeouts. There are so many people on this game, that I was relocated to an almost empty server where it would take me like a half hour to do a major arkfall because there were only less than 10 other people doing them with me.

Now I understand why devs won't do MMO's on current consoles.