PDA

View Full Version : Steam Pre-load

Mupplo
04-01-2013, 05:28 AM
If you bought the game via steam, and want to pre-load it for tomorrow, just go to your Steam library, select Defiance, and to the right below "Links" there should be a link to your CD-key. Just apply that key to your Trion account and download the Patcher.
If you can't find it, follow this guide by FizzyMyNizzy: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?6054-Steam-Pre-Order-Your-CD-KEY-location&p=87614#post87614

If you do not have a link to the CD-key in your library, (Mostly Europeans have this problem) You'll have to use a VPN program of some kind to get an American IP. I used Spotflux, but any VPN program will do. After you have started the program, just log on to steam and the CD-key link should be there. Then just apply the code into your Trion account.

I don't know if there's a thread like this somewhere, didn't bother looking for one anyway, but a lot of people seem to have a problem with this.

IGears
04-01-2013, 05:49 AM
If you bought the game via steam, and want to pre-load it for tomorrow, just go to your Steam library, select Defiance, and to the right below "Links" there should be a link to your CD-key. Just apply that key to your Trion account and download the Patcher.

If you do not have a link to the CD-key in your library, (Mostly Europeans have this problem) You'll have to use a VPN program of some kind to get an American IP. I used Spotflux, but any VPN program will do. After you have started the program, just log on to steam and the CD-key link should be there. Then just apply the code into your Trion account.

I don't know if there's a thread like this somewhere, didn't bother looking for one anyway, but a lot of people seem to have a problem with this.

nice.. i dont think there was

FizzyMyNizzy
04-01-2013, 05:54 AM

The first part there is. I think some one posted the 2nd part.
03-22-2013 03:57 PM
Steam Pre-Order, Your CD KEY location:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?6054-Steam-Pre-Order-Your-CD-KEY-location&p=87614#post87614

Yoko1337
04-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Cool idea, but sadly Spotflux doesn't work =/

madfinger
04-01-2013, 06:16 AM

so, did you read you last sentence before you submit the thread?

not trying to troll but....

you don't know if there is a similar thread, because your to lazy to look for, but seem you know a lot of people have a prob like yours...

how did you know there was people in same situation as you? maybe you read that on a thread?

ahhhhh, got it now....Aprils fool right? ;)

Eiryn
04-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Where is the link for the patcher download? I am searching the Trion and Defiance websites and finding nothing. I applied my CD Keys.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-01-2013, 07:11 AM
Where is the link for the patcher download? I am searching the Trion and Defiance websites and finding nothing. I applied my CD Keys.

trion world, log in, manage game, look for defiance PC. download client.

Eiryn
04-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Sorry, of course the moment I ask I find it... For reference though, it is on the Trion page, [Manage Games], [Defiance PC].

Edit: lol too slow, thanks Fizzy

Mupplo
04-01-2013, 08:09 AM
so, did you read you last sentence before you submit the thread?

not trying to troll but....

you don't know if there is a similar thread, because your to lazy to look for, but seem you know a lot of people have a prob like yours...

how did you know there was people in same situation as you? maybe you read that on a thread?

ahhhhh, got it now....Aprils fool right? ;)

I read that people had problems with it on the steam forums, and decided to post a thread to help people here. I see your point though.

madfinger
04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I read that people had problems with it on the steam forums, and decided to post a thread to help people here. I see your point though.

sorry mate, like i said i was not trying to troll or to be rude, but the last 3 days all you see it's a new thread about the same subject stating the exact same thing.

like all of you, i'm very anxious to play the game, and lurk the forums in hopes to gather a bit more info ( as a did not play the beta).

hope to see you all in game tomorrow.

Mupplo
04-01-2013, 09:25 AM
sorry mate, like i said i was not trying to troll or to be rude, but the last 3 days all you see it's a new thread about the same subject stating the exact same thing.

like all of you, i'm very anxious to play the game, and lurk the forums in hopes to gather a bit more info ( as a did not play the beta).

hope to see you all in game tomorrow.

No problems at all, same as you I'm scrolling around the forum trying to make time pass.