PDA

View Full Version : Has Trion Jumped the shark?

MagellanD
08-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Or, I said this months ago and here we are.

Patch/DLC day was a joke from what I am reading. I waited patiently and I am now trying the download patch process. It's taking a bit longer as I haven't played this game in so long I have a couple of updates to go through.

Anywhoo back to my question.

With this being the big chance Trion had to redeem themselves, that everyone was waiting for, it seems they'd screwed the pow and jumped the shark.

The Gaming Holiday season is upon us and my next prediction is a dwindling fan base as everyone is jumping to next gen, GTA V, Watch Dogs, and other more compelling games from bigger companies with better programmers.

It's so sad because I used to back and love this game and their failed patches one after another has just beaten me raw like a UFC fighters face.

Escyos
08-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Thank you for bringing your opinion to the community as a whole. For your reward there is a cookie. Please drive safely.

MagellanD
08-22-2013, 05:55 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l411doZL6B1qad9pyo1_400.gif

squidgod2000
08-22-2013, 06:05 AM
Patch/DLC day was a joke from what I am reading. I waited patiently and I am now trying the download patch process. It's taking a bit longer as I haven't played this game in so long I have a couple of updates to go through.

It's taking a long time because you're not downloading a DLC patch--you're redownloading the entire client. Your initial folder size should be ~11 gigs. The DLC "patch" alone is ~13 gigs and the patcher requires you to have 24.8 gigs of available space to patch. The post-DLC-patch game folder size is ~12 gigs.

Yes, Trion released a patch that is bigger than the post-patch game.

MagellanD
08-22-2013, 06:09 AM
It's taking a long time because you're not downloading a DLC patch--you're redownloading the entire client. Your initial folder size should be ~11 gigs. The DLC "patch" alone is ~13 gigs and the patcher requires you to have 24.8 gigs of available space to patch. The post-DLC-patch game folder size is ~12 gigs.

Yes, Trion released a patch that is bigger than the post-patch game.

Yup because they're so brilliant at their C++ programming and "Agile" development methods.

I will judge the level of "Content" myself when I get to play, however, I've seen somebody report you have to BUY the 4 player vehicle? Is this true?

Would that not be false advertising if they've said you're getting it.

Haven’t been following the news about what new things you’ll get in the Castithan Charge Pack DLC? Let’s review:
Play as a Castithan (you can even convert your current character if you’d like!)
Battle against the Volge in massive Siege battles
Access new Battle Arenas and earn a Castithan Blade reward
Duel other players in best-of-three matches
Drive the Raptor Truck, Defiance’s first 4-player vehicle
Fight with the new charge weapons, including pistols, shotguns, and sniper rifles
Plus: new pursuits, new story lines, and more

squidgod2000
08-22-2013, 06:22 AM
I will judge the level of "Content" myself when I get to play, however, I've seen somebody report you have to BUY the 4 player vehicle? Is this true?

Would that not be false advertising if they've said you're getting it.

Umm, it says right there "things you’ll get in the Castithan Charge Pack DLC." Part of the DLC is paid and that (along with Battle Arenas and Castithan-ness) is one of the things you get from the paid portion.

Zugo
08-22-2013, 06:31 AM
I don't think it would matter how great the game is. Next gen will naturally take a majority of the console players away. I'm sure the PC side will be keeping it real, but I don't think there are enough numbers to keep the game in existence. So in short, yes, I do believe the next gen consoles will kill this game.

MagellanD
08-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Okay I got the Truck...Dude who said you had to pay was tarded.

One thing though There are NO textures. Everything is black. the ground some buildings my car!
WTF. When I shoot I get horrible red rectangles instead of the flames.

When I try to change to a casthian I can't see my character to change it.

BOOOOOOOOOO URNS..

Trying a restart now.

**EDIT**

Looks like I have to reinstall. Thanks Trion!
I hope I don't get boned and have to pay to update my look of my character.

Traxx
08-22-2013, 06:58 AM
I think they jumped the shark a while back. Now the shark is circling to eat them.

squidgod2000
08-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Okay I got the Truck...Dude who said you had to pay was tarded.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?124487-Patch-1.027-DLC-1-Castithan-Charge-Pack-8-20-13

MagellanD
08-22-2013, 07:06 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?124487-Patch-1.027-DLC-1-Castithan-Charge-Pack-8-20-13

Yeah I read it a few times. I should have not listened to the random idiocy of poster. My bad

Fancypants
08-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Yup because they're so brilliant at their C++ programming and "Agile" development methods.I'm still laughing at when that dude Hardy said they program Defiance in 'basic', lol.

MagellanD
08-22-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm still laughing at when that dude Hardy said they program Defiance in 'basic', lol.

Man I wish I was around for that.
It seems like it.

10 Print "Load Casthian DLC"
20 Print " Critical Error"
30 Go to 20