PDA

View Full Version : What is the exact time of release?

Zerdoza
04-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Pretty simple question when i login to the launcher it says 8 Am But what country or time zone will that be set in,
cause id like to start of asap ^^

dirtyklingon
04-01-2013, 05:58 AM
midnight EST

9pm pacific

Cowchmonkey
04-01-2013, 05:59 AM
im confused on this as well since i read all over thats its 12:01 est

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11145-Whyyyyyyyyyy&p=127132&viewfull=1#post127132

Harsk
04-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Servers open at 12 none EST

MysteriousScaRe
04-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Pretty simple question when i login to the launcher it says 8 Am But what country or time zone will that be set in,
cause id like to start of asap ^^

In every country it says 8am. We'll have to wait and find out.

dirtyklingon
04-01-2013, 06:06 AM
ok people for the millionth time.

the community manager for this game...sledgehammer70, said it will be midnight est. 9pm pst. the launcher notes are out of date and erroneous.

OMGr8573
04-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah I agree it's a bit confusing. Forums are saying 12am est, launcher says "join us on April 2nd at 8AM" and Steam has it not launching till about 1pm est tomorrow.

Laughter
04-01-2013, 08:45 AM
I think it's safe to say...

In the very near future. :3

Senel
04-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Yes there's a lot of misinformation going on but it is midnight EST that it launches. The original official launch was 8am Apr 2nd but they're aiming for a midnight launch. The source of the info is from staff at Trion so it's current unlike the info that retailers have.

Remag Div
04-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Is anyone able to pre-load on Steam yet? I don't even have an icon to launch it via Steam.

spidii
04-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I believe 12 EST is correct, pretty excited. And I pre-ordered on steam as well, doesn't appear that they are going to let us preload in time so on your home page of defiance (in steam, where you would normally install), you should be able to see your cd keys on the right hand side. You can register those to your trion account and preload from there, just in case you are eager to start like the rest of us :)

Dec0y
04-01-2013, 10:10 AM
I believe 12 EST is correct, pretty excited. And I pre-ordered on steam as well, doesn't appear that they are going to let us preload in time so on your home page of defiance (in steam, where you would normally install), you should be able to see your cd keys on the right hand side. You can register those to your trion account and preload from there, just in case you are eager to start like the rest of us :)

Thanks for the info! Could you clear this up for my friends who are getting all hot and bothered, since we all 3 preordered off steam to get the 3 unlock rewards, but steam unlocks the game at like 1pm est, now if we download directly from the trion site to play at midnight, do we still get the rewards steam gives us?

I'm sure there is info on it somewhere but all I see is alot of flaming, for people asking a simple question, thanks ahead of time!!

Nearview
04-01-2013, 10:16 AM
@ Remag Div. Go to steam library and select DEFIANCE. On the right hand side there will be links. One says "CD KEY" click on that to see your defiance game key. Go to trion site and log in. go to the tab that says "Apply Code" and use the KEY you got off steam. Once this is done go to manage games on trion site and you will be able to download it.

Skware
04-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't understand why a company would release a game when a large portion of their player base will be getting ready to go to sleep. It's not just Trion, every game developer releases at midnight on their release day for some reason.

Laughter
04-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't understand why a company would release a game when a large portion of their player base will be getting ready to go to sleep. It's not just Trion, every game developer releases at midnight on their release day for some reason.

It's kind of a tradition to me to stay up and welcome a new game at midnight.

WarMachine
04-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Is anyone able to pre-load on Steam yet? I don't even have an icon to launch it via Steam.

Most people didn't even worry about Steam preloading, they input the Trion codes on the website and DLed the client directly from Trion. If you want, preload from Trion, and wait for Steam to fire up the install button. Latter after the button goes live have steam install the client ---> don't update ---> copy the contents of your Defiance folder to your Steam Defiance Folder ---> Uninstall your Trion Client ---> Verify your installation ---> fire the game up from Steam ---> Profit.

Legende
04-01-2013, 10:40 AM
I know how a post with the exact time/date of release from the community manager may be hard for some people to trust, say over steam or some other 3rd party seller... /sarcasm

patasde
04-01-2013, 10:40 AM
WHEN will game launch in Europe? GMT?

Tilandra
04-01-2013, 11:13 AM
WHEN will game launch in Europe? GMT?

I'm not sure if Europe launches at the same time, but EST is -5 GMT. Sooo... doing the math, 7pm in London?

Zadeth
04-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure if Europe launches at the same time, but EST is -5 GMT. Sooo... doing the math, 7pm in London?

"doing the math" - 12:01 + 5:00 = 5:01AM
Not 7:01AM.

OMGr8573
04-01-2013, 11:30 AM

Cause there's TONS of gamers that love to play a new game at midnight. Plus those the don't or cannot cause they are asleep, they can play in the morning, or after school, work, etc.

Plus this also helps spread out the player base. By the time you play those that played at midnight will be in a different area and not clogging up the newbie area as badly.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 11:37 AM

There are something like time zones in the world. Tell me how they're going to plan a release that doesn't happen at night somewhere on the planet?

Also bear in mind that Trion is on the west coast. It will be 9pm here. Unless you're a digital customer, few people here can play, but the dev team will be awake and on the job making sure the initial onslaught on the servers is being managed, and working through most of the night into the early hours as each zone comes online when box sales start hitting the street.

Psyqhical
04-01-2013, 11:39 AM
If the servers open at midnight why does steam say that this game will unlock in 23 hours? O_o That makes it a noon release tomorrow.

Cruzi
04-01-2013, 11:44 AM
If the servers open at midnight why does steam say that this game will unlock in 23 hours? O_o That makes it a noon release tomorrow.

Steam usually "unlocks" its games at that time.

I've pre-purchased from Steam and I have the game preloaded from Trion. The release is in ~9 hours. Not whatever Steam's "unlock" time is set too.

Tilandra
04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
"doing the math" - 12:01 + 5:00 = 5:01AM
Not 7:01AM.

Well, I did put a question mark on it... I hate time zones. I never do that crap in the right direction.