PDA

View Full Version : Defiance is 5 bucks?

ll Ham Solo ll
08-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Soooo... this is how you guy's solve a problem eh? Maybe, you guy's laid off the wrong people? Seriously is this a kick in the face or a sick joke? I have literally sat in here for almost a week and read as you guy's grasp for everything but actually fixing this crap.? Pathetic. Absolutely p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c. "Were looking into blah blah, soon soon soon, Defiance is now 5 bucks". Meanwhile people are plotting your destruction as a Company and some even more. You want us to fight you... don't you? That's the only way any of this makes sense. I hope the community and SONY eat you alive.

SlimShady78
08-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Enough with this crap. It happens in everything in life. One week you buy for x amount and next week its cheaper. These kind of posts are really starting to grate on the majority of people here now.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2013, 10:04 AM
It's been that price for well over a week now. Nothing new there.

Gomly
08-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Sony can barely wipe it's own backside without a detailed guide.

Anyone who thinks they are going to do anything about what has been said on these forums is either incredibly delusional or taking something far stronger than prescribed medication.

Here is what would happen at Sony HQ...

"Quick, someone said something that can be viewed as false on the Defiance forums"

"Did they really, well let us ..... ooh look, something shiny".

eridian
08-22-2013, 10:09 AM
i think he is mad that it went from $60 to$5 in record time lol it IS a little irritating for those of us who payed full price just a few months back.

ll Ham Solo ll
08-22-2013, 10:11 AM
No the whole point is no more money should be given to them. Why is it so illogical to want answers? To ask questions? I didn't ask you a question in that thread did I? Right.

StarBat
08-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Really it's not that surprising, or even that fast. I've seen games go Free to play faster.

Honestly though, what ever brings them more customers/players. There's always a chance that this isn't a last second cash grab, and they're trying to get the funds they needs to fix this stuff.

ll Ham Solo ll
08-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Now how about answering a question? Oh yeah, you can't answer those can you?

Villain
08-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Hmm, I understand games depreciate in value over time and it's completely normal however $60 to $5 is a serious serious bargain in such a short time gap especially! Defiance definitely did not get off to a good start and as we all know during the course its had many problems etc and more to come. It's common with games however many of them are not as worse off. Defiance definitely isn't a big title game therefore it never retained it's value.

Major Nelson
08-22-2013, 11:05 AM
You know what I could do with 5 dollars? Buy a drink and some cookies ;}

ll Ham Solo ll
08-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Ok so this was pretty funny. XD

shadowkin
08-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Sadly this game is worth like 15 anyway imo. I am so mad i paid 100$. I know that was optional so let's say 60, now dlc comes out which i really wanted and it was too late, i already stopped playing.

Been playing warframe, neverwinter, dragon's prophet, and splinter cell blacklist (a game so worth the money. sooo worh the money).

I was gonna buy the dlc anyway just bc i waited so long for it i might as well, but now it is more than the game, and new people can pay less than what i paid for everything. I mean look i went thru something similar with apb but i didn't pay that much for apb. I was excited for the dlc too even tho up till yesterday i assumed i wpuld buy it even tho i k.ew it wouldn't add longevity, but probably not after this insult l, even tho i kno it is what they had to do to survive

Youkai Risu
08-22-2013, 10:09 PM
I got $7 for mine through GameStop. Hoping other people can find their outs too when it comes time. I know for me Star Wars the old republic has got me hooked on the pc for a bit.

Valentine
08-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Enough with this crap. It happens in everything in life. One week you buy for x amount and next week its cheaper. These kind of posts are really starting to grate on the majority of people here now.

Seriously it gets old. Take your griping somewhere else.

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Really it's not that surprising, or even that fast. I've seen games go Free to play faster.

Honestly though, what ever brings them more customers/players. There's always a chance that this isn't a last second cash grab, and they're trying to get the funds they needs to fix this stuff.

Then hope when the Devs revisit the chat fiasco that they just break it entirely, because if the more customers/players Defiance should get are anywhere near the kind of more customers/players that Rift has received since F2P, a screwed-up chat feature would be a blessing.

I played LoTRO before and after its F2P transition. Ditto for EQ2, DCUO, and even SWTOR.

Rift is the first one that the wife and I have thrown our hands in the air in disgust and pretty much walked away from. The F2P model they have is good. The community they've received through it is not. Barrens chat in WoW's olden days was a better community.

Chump Norris
08-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Im not worried about the price of the game much and sure it sucks I spent $60 but thats life. I am worried about the fact people spent bits on boosts and couldnt use them because of the servers. Has anyone seen anything in regards to all the PS3 downtime and the bits wasted on boosts because of it? It feels like if they get their money they dont care if you get what you paid for...

MagellanD
08-23-2013, 06:06 AM

not in the 2nd quarter after release. Too soon Trion too soon. Cars don't even lose their value that quickly.

Gomly
08-23-2013, 06:24 AM
not in the 2nd quarter after release. Too soon Trion too soon. Cars don't even lose their value that quickly.

It's not too soon if sales are lower than expected and not rising.

Prices drop to keep people coming in.

OverDoneOne
08-23-2013, 06:55 AM
The worse part of this all is that if you have read the Entire EULA for Defiance, then you know theres an Act of God clause in there that says they can terminate service at anytime if they have to. That is there to prevent a Class Action Suit

Now with all the trouble trion has had and the major price drops, we are on a very rocky road that could deadend !!!

treadingwater
08-23-2013, 06:59 AM
All I know is I see 60-100ppl at every major arkfall on PS3 NA, so I'd say the game is healthy as ever. I know this probably infuriates the trolls and haters, but it's the truth. Lots of people online, so mad, so sad.

treadingwater
08-23-2013, 07:02 AM
The worse part of this all is that if you have read the Entire EULA for Defiance, then you know theres an Act of God clause in there that says they can terminate service at anytime if they have to. That is there to prevent a Class Action Suit

Now with all the trouble trion has had and the major price drops, we are on a very rocky road that could deadend !!!

It's their game and they can do what they want with it. They can put it out and close the servers a day after if they wanted to. This type of clause is in every MMO EULA agreement and is there for the purpose of stopping stupid people from bombarding them with frivolous and idiotic litigation.

You guys must be new to this whole MMO thing.

MagellanD
08-23-2013, 07:14 AM
It's not too soon if sales are lower than expected and not rising.

Prices drop to keep people coming in.

Oh I completely understand that. But there are 4 year old games on XBOX live that are STILL 29.99. It's a clear blatant sign of Trion's scrambling for ca$h.

Suckers like me who early adopted and bought ultimate edition are really the only ones feeling the hurt.

Youkai Risu
08-23-2013, 07:28 AM

I lost 5k on my car but its still worth money...I almost had to pay to give defiance away.

Luffy490
08-23-2013, 07:30 AM
You guys must be new to this whole MMO thing.

Or, some people never read the EULA agreement.

Youkai Risu
08-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Or, some people never read the EULA agreement.

Reminds me of the apple agreement on South Park haha

Misfit501
08-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Suckers like me who early adopted and bought ultimate edition are really the only ones feeling the hurt.

I hear you brother! I'm one of those suckers too. I think it's funny that the dlc cost more than the game now.

MagellanD
08-23-2013, 07:45 AM
I hear you brother! I'm one of those suckers too. I think it's funny that the dlc cost more than the game now.

With the "free component" of their DLC strategy and after this one I don't think people will be buying. we really didn't gain much.

ralisti
08-23-2013, 07:49 AM
The hope is that people will buy the game as the price that it should have originally released at, given that it is beneath mediocre indie games in quality and content...play it a few hours, and then get the DLC before they realize that game is pure shtako in its current state.

It is a wise business move to grab the cash, but will only earn them more distrust from more players as they realize that Defiance is just 2 notches above vaporware. Yeah, they actually released a game, but it is nothing to be proud of and has done far more damage to the reputation of the company than failing to release the game at all would have been.

Invader Nemesis
08-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Really, Defiance is $5? lol

(Love your banner btw Ham Solo)

DarknessEyes PT
08-23-2013, 10:02 AM
i think he is mad that it went from $60 to$5 in record time lol it IS a little irritating for those of us who payed full price just a few months back.

Isn't defiance worth 60? I don't regret from buying it at all.
I know it lacks on end game content, co-ops, pvp mods and all but the time i played Defiance is worth the 60.

drackiller
08-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Isn't defiance worth 60? I don't regret from buying it at all.
I know it lacks on end game content, co-ops, pvp mods and all but the time i played Defiance is worth the 60.

This is one thing that i don`t really understand, what is "end game content" !?
This game does not need end game content, whatever that means for some people, THIS GAME NEEDS CONTENT.

marshy
08-23-2013, 10:12 AM
At this point they couldn't give this game away

Troy Shepard
08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Wow... This game really is 5$ on the PC. :/.. Searched Amazon and this popped up: $5.25 + $4.49 shipping. That's explains why the Defiance in game store is still over priced to me. 880(10$ US) bits for a skin -_-

Misfit501
08-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Ham Solo, best banner ever! When Saul has a problem he sends Huell and Kuby!

spencer_jc
08-23-2013, 10:24 AM

What other games have dropped in price this fast??? And I'm not talking about games no one has ever heard of..

Spiltmilk
08-23-2013, 10:28 AM
What other games have dropped in price this fast??? And I'm not talking about games no one has ever heard of..

Well to be honest, if it wasn't for my friends I would have never heard of this game. Defiance is a very niche game.

I'll agree with you, it's kind of a niche game. But a widely advertised MMO with a corresponding TV show...how dark is it under that rock? lol

Yeah I don't know about widely advertised... I guess if I only watched one channel my whole life.

ll Ham Solo ll
08-23-2013, 10:32 AM
No offense Spencer, but this isn't about other games. Thanks for the banner love guys. And I too find it sad the dlc costs more than the game. Now the dlc is finally available on ps3, but it's server crash Friday! And yes, the servers are down on ps3 .

Dooks
08-23-2013, 10:37 AM
$5 bucks is about right, steam sale for $2.74 would be even better. Well, ok, i guess at either of those prices, it's still overpriced.

DarknessEyes PT
08-23-2013, 10:40 AM
This is one thing that i don`t really understand, what is "end game content" !?
This game does not need end game content, whatever that means for some people, THIS GAME NEEDS CONTENT.

End game content is when you finish all persuits, side missions and main missions and ego 5000... You ended the game, thats why end content =P

Fancypants
08-23-2013, 10:41 AM
What other games have dropped in price this fast??? And I'm not talking about games no one has ever heard of..No AAA mmos, that's for sure.

And definitely no games that cost $40 million to make?

Hell, even a dog of a game like Warhammer Online is still over $5, and they've only got three servers left of people in it.

http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-Online-Age-Reckoning-Pc/dp/B000TD3IA2

MagellanD
08-23-2013, 10:50 AM
No AAA mmos, that's for sure.

Hell, even a dog of a game like Warhammer Online is still over $5, and they've only got three servers left of people in it.

You do know even Trion doesn't call it an MMO. It's a Shooter with MMO elements. Even the old Product Manager said it's NOT an MMO.

Hence having to do Bosses alone and not in a group :/ Worst decision evah!

OverDoneOne
08-23-2013, 11:12 AM
At this point they couldn't give this game away

Oh come on now, you and I know it's coming Trion will eventually post Defiance at their site as a Totally Free Download Free To Play Game and just be content with the money made from micro transactions ingame and the sales from players buying the DLCs. Watch soon the DLCs will be broken up and sold as in you can buy a season pass or you can buy any one of the DLCs that you chose

Wanta Bet, The handwriting is on the wall

MagellanD
08-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh come on now, you and I know it's coming Trion will eventually post Defiance at their site as a Totally Free Download Free To Play Game and just be content with the money made from micro transactions ingame and the sales from players buying the DLCs.

Wanta Bet, The handwriting is on the wall

I bet their already planning on it. I bet most of the discussions are around how to grandfather us suckers in first who paid for the game.

Collectors and ultimate pre order peeps should get lifetime everything IMHO.

If they just go Free to play and are forced to make a purchase or get saddled with all the leechers who won't subscribe or pay for shizzle I will be way more upset than I am about the price drop.

Holy Bahamut3
08-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Sony can barely wipe it's own backside without a detailed guide.

Anyone who thinks they are going to do anything about what has been said on these forums is either incredibly delusional or taking something far stronger than prescribed medication.

Here is what would happen at Sony HQ...

"Quick, someone said something that can be viewed as false on the Defiance forums"

"Did they really, well let us ..... ooh look, something shiny".

this made me fall of my couch laughing so hard.

Holy Bahamut3
08-23-2013, 11:20 AM

I agree trion should give all of us who paid full price an orange weapon of our choice.

spencer_jc
08-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Well to be honest, if it wasn't for my friends I would have never heard of this game. Defiance is a very niche game.

I'll agree with you, it's kind of a niche game. But a widely advertised MMO with a corresponding TV show...how dark is it under that rock? lol

OverDoneOne
08-23-2013, 11:23 AM
I bet their already planning on it. I bet most of the discussions are around how to grandfather us suckers in first who paid for the game.

Collectors and ultimate pre order peeps should get lifetime everything IMHO.

If they just go Free to play and are forced to make a purchase or get saddled with all the leechers who won't subscribe or pay for shizzle I will be way more upset than I am about the price drop.

I know its sad and frustrating but Defiance can't compete with free games like Hawken, Planetside2, World of Tanks and even their own game Rift which is Free To Play now, Ironic Huh

spencer_jc
08-23-2013, 11:25 AM
No offense Spencer, but this isn't about other games. Thanks for the banner love guys. And I too find it sad the dlc costs more than the game. Now the dlc is finally available on ps3, but it's server crash Friday! And yes, the servers are down on ps3 .

Whoa, they wrote other games have dropped this fast in price...I just want to know what games they're talking about.
I don't know of any. Do you Ham?

spencer_jc
08-23-2013, 11:28 AM
No AAA mmos, that's for sure.

People are treating this game like it was some sort of independent development. They had tons of money to work with and subsequent revenue to get it right..

Kublakhan
08-23-2013, 11:42 AM

It's a bit different having a price drop and getting chucked in a bin with all the Windows 95 games..

Fancypants
08-23-2013, 12:13 PM
You do know even Trion doesn't call it an MMO. It's a Shooter with MMO elements. Even the old Product Manager said it's NOT an MMO.

Hence having to do Bosses alone and not in a group :/ Worst decision evah!Does it matter what they 'call' it?

If it goes from $60 to $5, Trion could call it a 'success', say they are 'proud of it', but it still wouldn't be.

They also called End of Nations a "MOBA" now too, but it really isn't. It's still just a chopped up, bad RTS game.

spencer_jc
08-29-2013, 04:14 PM

Yeah I don't know about widely advertised... I guess if I only watched one channel my whole life.

..Or any gaming show, website, anything game related. You are a gamer, right?

Shadow Viper
08-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Doesn't surprise me that the game's price dropped so much.

Defiance is so broken right now it's unplayable.

The servers are extremely laggy and often simply do not work

Most of the game's content is plagued by bugs to such an extent it's a waste of time to even try PVP, Co-Op, Time-Trials, Rampages, Side Missions, Main Story Quests, Episode missions, etc.

I'm honestly about ready to give up on this game.

spencer_jc
08-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Doesn't surprise me that the game's price dropped so much.

Defiance is so broken right now it's unplayable.

The servers are extremely laggy and often simply do not work

Most of the game's content is plagued by bugs to such an extent it's a waste of time to even try PVP, Co-Op, Time-Trials, Rampages, Side Missions, Main Story Quests, Episode missions, etc.

I'm honestly about ready to give up on this game.

You haven't? You seem to hate it an awful lot. I would.

rockygreen11
08-29-2013, 04:20 PM
WHY DID I PAY 660 bits for my green color for my blade! I'm dumb... I love the green though... But its more than the game! Uggggggg!