PDA

View Full Version : Not very encouraging for new players

Xiltyn
08-22-2013, 10:30 AM
So I just yesterday signed up for a trial account. I've been updating since 1800hrs yesterday and it's now 1200hrs today. That's 18 hours of a 72 hour trial period simply in trying to get into the game. The download rate keeps dropping down to 3mbs and it currently is showing over an hour before this is supposed to be done. So there's at least 19 hours of a 72 hour trial (if it all downloaded and patches correctly and I don't have to do it again as is fairly typical with online games.)

Then to put the icing on the cake of new users not welcome I wanted to post this into the Bugs and Issues section of the forums and I get the message that it's not accepting new threads. This leads me to thinking that the developers, or at least those in charge of the forums, don't want to receive any feedback from the players.

Nothing kills an mmo like bad customer service, and this one might have killed it's self for me before I even spend a penny.

Xiltyn
08-22-2013, 10:32 AM
oh and no I am not on dial-up. dedicated connection here, on a week old machine i7 10g ram twin frozr geforce gtx 790 (the new machine is the whole reason I'm even looking at new games)

A s0t
08-22-2013, 10:32 AM
dont worry it gets worse with lag
run while you can

but its real sweet when it works properly

Xiltyn
08-22-2013, 10:35 AM
lol great! sad to hear too! absolutely love the show and the story/world of the show has such incredible promise for an mmo

A s0t
08-22-2013, 10:36 AM
never mindfixed it for you

Xiltyn
08-22-2013, 10:38 AM
fixed it for you

rofl, yeah about to say nevermind on this game... man that bites though

A s0t
08-22-2013, 10:40 AM
the game HAD promise, it has been in a downward slum for a while. they finally put out dlc 1 and it broken again

omega32x
08-22-2013, 10:43 AM
lol great! sad to hear too! absolutely love the show and the story/world of the show has such incredible promise for an mmo

It has allot of promise in general but all the execution game wise so fare has gone totally south it seems and it only is seeming to get worse. In fact in one of the interviews with the game creator i remember watching they were talking about what if the show failed. Game creator was like well the show shouldn't fall but if it does than we have enough game content to keep everyone happy for a long long time. Well so fare thats proving to be a complete 360 in terms of which is going to fall harder first atm.

Xiltyn
08-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Well I'll take that all in consideration before I spend any money then. If this updating doesn't finish before this trial does then the forums may be all that I see of the game or the game sees of me. Should that be the case then for those of you who have spent money already I do hope the game turns out better than it is appearing and I am reading.

A s0t
08-22-2013, 10:50 AM
its like $5 usd on steam go for it
look go to my ego and orcz for arkfall codes

3rdpig
08-22-2013, 10:52 AM
And in other news, it's working pretty good for some of us. My friends and I are on PC-NA, the downloads go pretty fast and the servers are stable enough to play the game. I probably get booted maybe once a week and I play almost every night for at least a couple of hours.

For us the game is buggy, but not broken. Lag can sometimes be annoying, but it's only present about 10% of the time. What's more annoying is at major events everyone looks exactly the same. I know this is done to prevent lag and keep the framerates up, but something needs to be done about it if Trion expects people to keep buying outfits.

And there are other annoyances as well, drop rates of decent items, useless weapon bonuses, etc, etc. But again, it doesn't prevent the game from being fun and playable. And Trion is fixing some of it, we can now buy synergy mods, buy 10 keycodes at a time and some of the sight mods don't have a scope view.

All in all, I'd give it a 6 out of 10 with optimism that things are going to continue to improve.

Xiltyn
08-22-2013, 11:17 AM
its like $5 usd on steam go for it
look go to my ego and orcz for arkfall codes

hrmmm, trying to figure out how to do that. go to your ego that is

A s0t
08-22-2013, 11:24 AM
www.defiance.com/en/my-ego i think that is right or type it into a search bar

A s0t
08-22-2013, 11:48 AM
after you type in all the codes. link your account to your system log out wait 3 minutes and log back in go to the defiance store and go to claims (near the bottom)

MagellanD
08-22-2013, 12:17 PM
So I just yesterday signed up for a trial account. I've been updating since 1800hrs yesterday and it's now 1200hrs today. That's 18 hours of a 72 hour trial period simply in trying to get into the game. The download rate keeps dropping down to 3mbs and it currently is showing over an hour before this is supposed to be done. So there's at least 19 hours of a 72 hour trial (if it all downloaded and patches correctly and I don't have to do it again as is fairly typical with online games.)

Then to put the icing on the cake of new users not welcome I wanted to post this into the Bugs and Issues section of the forums and I get the message that it's not accepting new threads. This leads me to thinking that the developers, or at least those in charge of the forums, don't want to receive any feedback from the players.

Nothing kills an mmo like bad customer service, and this one might have killed it's self for me before I even spend a penny.

Welcome to the world of Defiance.
You're catching on quick!

A s0t
08-22-2013, 12:30 PM
opps i didn't even tell him it single player game

MagellanD
08-22-2013, 12:31 PM
opps i didn't even tell him it single player game

Dude you're still around! Awesome!!!
Missed ya!

Oh yeah OP.
You can get in a group but when you hit a major boss you have to disband and play solo..
So A Sot is right....it's a single player game.