PDA

View Full Version : Can't we all just get along?

General Sideboob
08-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Dudes. Computer problems take time to fix. Every possible cause of a problem has to be troubleshooted. Dig out your old B.A.S.I.C. programming manual and write a program that makes a stick figure walk across the screen. After you spend an entire afternoon trouble shooting it, multiply that times the relative complexity of a program like Defiance and you will have some idea of the amount of man-hours needed. Sure I am disappointed that I can't buy the dlc yet. But, there's no need to make a deal breaker out of it.

If you've already finished the original content, go play The Last of Us for a few days and keep watching the boards. You will come back to Defiance with a fresh attitude and the DLC will be ship-shape and working properly.

What are you thoughts?

TravelerX1
08-22-2013, 10:46 AM
I have posted my thoughts in a dozen threads,

I will just say...... Yep, understand everything that you are saying. However some of the staff that are not fixing this snafu could come in here and say something...... it's Day 3 now.....

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Nope, we can not.

General Sideboob
08-22-2013, 10:55 AM

I will just say...... Yep, understand everything that you are saying. However some of the staff that are not fixing this snafu could come in here and say something...... it's Day 3 now.....

Ok I agree with that. They could endear themselves with the community more if they posted paragraphs instead of sentence fragments.

OverloadUT
08-22-2013, 10:58 AM

We are here and we're striving to update you every time we have more information. Unfortunately, we don't have new information as often as I'm sure you'd like, so sometimes it might feel like we're doing nothing.

I know it's frustrating (especially for US PS3 players) waiting for the problems to be fixed. I do want you to know that the team has been working non-stop (minus a few hours each day for sleep!) to get to the bottom of the remaining issues with the DLC, and the moment we have any news to share about the progress, either good or bad, we will update you here on these forums.

General Sideboob
08-22-2013, 11:05 AM
We are here and we're striving to update you every time we have more information. Unfortunately, we don't have new information as often as I'm sure you'd like, so sometimes it might feel like we're doing nothing.

I know it's frustrating (especially for US PS3 players) waiting for the problems to be fixed. I do want you to know that the team has been working non-stop (minus a few hours each day for sleep!) to get to the bottom of the remaining issues with the DLC, and the moment we have any news to share about the progress, either good or bad, we will update you here on these forums.

Understandable, dude. It's a logistical thing at this point; a million lines of code and, what? like fifty or a hundred people to try and find the needle in that haystack.

MacDeath
08-22-2013, 11:20 AM

Greg, when/if you provide us info about here, such as why DLC 1 Items don't show up in our Claim Items for Season Pass holders, that can avoid hundreds of contacts to CS. Providing info wholesale is a LOT less costly to Trion than asking CS to do it retail.

Ask the CS people what they're getting hammered with and then you Commumity Team folks provide the info here?

Blastiey
08-22-2013, 12:19 PM
What is this sleep thing mentioned? ;)

crasher
08-22-2013, 03:28 PM
What is this sleep thing mentioned? ;)
Highly overrated form of a time waster.

Sleep is for the weak.

WARDUKE
08-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Honestly, the only way to get these guys to believe it is being worked on is by setting up a webcam that shows the devs working..

Seriously though, play something else till it's fixed. Give it at least a week to work out the major problems like ps3 connection and other technical stuff. The staff isn't that huge atm and there is no point in harassing the community manager since she doesn't know how to code.

Also, tune in to the live stream Friday afternoon to the most up to date information available.

Rasczak
08-22-2013, 03:49 PM
No, we can't just all get along. Welcome to game forums. Your seat is over there. :cool:

Pyth
08-22-2013, 04:03 PM
That would all depend on the color of your skin, the nature of your religion and your thoughts on government.

But most importantly of all, your software/hardware allegiance.

General Sideboob
08-22-2013, 04:57 PM
That would all depend on the color of your skin, the nature of your religion and your thoughts on government.

But most importantly of all, your software/hardware allegiance.

heh heh. funny

Schnibbly
08-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Good luck with that.