PDA

View Full Version : Couple quick questions before pre-ordering

jlmitnick
04-01-2013, 06:51 AM
So I never got to play in any of the beta's, but after watching a bunch of videos and reading about the game I'm pretty interested. But I have a couple final questions:

1) To what extent can you "solo" this game? I don't have any friends playing, and don't really want to join any clans/guilds...would rather just log in and play through the content at my own pace. Will the game be too hard if I'm soloing? I definitely look forward to having random people out in the world helping me and me helping them, but I don't really want to join any organized groups.

2) Approximately how much story content is there in the base game? I know there are repeatable things like PvP, arkfall events, challenges, etc...but in terms of the pure Main Storyline, how long do you think that will take to beat?

3) Along the lines of my second question, is the main story content good? I know this is purely subjective but I'd like to hear some opinions.

4) Will the season pass be required to get content that keeps up with the concurrent TV show?

Thanks!

LeSemblant
04-01-2013, 07:03 AM
So I never got to play in any of the beta's, but after watching a bunch of videos and reading about the game I'm pretty interested. But I have a couple final questions:

1) To what extent can you "solo" this game? I don't have any friends playing, and don't really want to join any clans/guilds...would rather just log in and play through the content at my own pace. Will the game be too hard if I'm soloing? I definitely look forward to having random people out in the world helping me and me helping them, but I don't really want to join any organized groups.

2) Approximately how much story content is there in the base game? I know there are repeatable things like PvP, arkfall events, challenges, etc...but in terms of the pure Main Storyline, how long do you think that will take to beat?

3) Along the lines of my second question, is the main story content good? I know this is purely subjective but I'd like to hear some opinions.

4) Will the season pass be required to get content that keeps up with the concurrent TV show?

Thanks!

1) If you saw the video interview/gameplay showing with Ryan McAffrey(sp), Ryan asks, "Can you solo the entire game?" The guy replies, "Yeah, it'll be challenging, but you can solo the whole thing." But it's an MMO, so whose really gonna solo it? If you mean you don't want to join a group, you don't have to. You can just happen to be going on the same mission as someone else without actually, formally teaming up. (Meaning you're both solo-ing, but in the same instance/phase) I believe if you really want to do a task solo, you can change to your own phase. Arkfalls cannot be solo'd; infact, they're very hard for a well organized 4-person team.

2) The beta's had only a section of the map you could do within 3 days. As for the main storyline itself, since it's an MMO linked to a television series, I imagine the initial storyline should take at least 36 hours to finish. That's if they're really cheap with the story. Which it doesn't look like they are.

3) You answered yourself; it's subjective. Some people complain it's very Sci-Fi generic, others are enthusiastic. You'll just have to play it and find out. Sorry. The premise of the show is pretty good, and if you don't feel fond of the game itself, you could always role play with other players. (this'll be easier on PC than consoles, of course)

4) I'm curious about if those of us purchasing the game new, for the full price, will even need the Season Pass. But from what I've read in the Season Pass description, you'll get the DLC for free, or otherwise need to purchase the DLC seperately.

5) Just remember that I'm not a dev, or official rep, of Trion Worlds Inc, and my information is purely what I've learned by digging into any information about the game so far.
Hopefully you'll get more precise or accurate information tomorrow (release day in North America)

Hope I could help.

PS: if you're concerned about the pre-order bonus weapon, they aren't based on pre-orders; retailers are handed a wad of codes they just hand out until there aren't anymore. Though I'm not sure if the pre-order bonuses from Trion (such as the Challenger vehicle) are going to be specifically limited to pre-orders, new copies, or something similar.

RawrKitty
04-01-2013, 07:06 AM
the story so far is acutally pretty good IMO, i played about 12 hours of it in the last beta event and it was nice, a LOT of filler but thats okay, the show will help make the story better.

i dont think the game will be soloable as you get to harder content, at least, not with out a huge number of deaths, towards the end of mount tam i was dieing several times on some of the missions lol, but death has little consequence, ergo it is soloable, just not optimal.

and no season pass will not be required for all dlcs, or affect them all, some dlcs will be free.

and for quantity of content, lets put it this way, it took me about 12-13 hours to finish mount tam.

and im a very fast and efficient player, i also did almost half of it with a group making it go MUCH faster.
from what i can see there are at least 9 other areas comporable in size to mount tam, and id assume there was more time content, point being is i think right from launch theres going to be 150-200 hours of story content + side missions alone, maybe more?