PDA

View Full Version : Can we get some official statement regarding missing keys for Scandinavia?

Runeclaw
04-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Costumers that have bought Defiance from Steam and live in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark (maybe even more countries) have not yet been given their keys to the game and can therefor not register it with their Trion Worlds account.

Just check out these threads for some good example of how many users are still missing their keys: http://steamcommunity.com/app/224600/discussions/0/828934913343492932/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/224600/discussions/0/828934913311707519/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/224600/discussions/0/828934913348559051/

At this time, with just hours before the launch, the only way these paying costumers can get they key they bought is to use a so called VPN service and trick Steam into thinking they are in some other country. This is not something they should be forced to do and many fans of Defiance are worried that they will not even be able to play the game the day it comes out.

I got my key from Green Man Gaming and have no problem, but I have friends that got the Steam version and they are at this time not very happy about the situation. But as Steam's support is so slow right now during the long weekend, they can not even cancel their order and get money back to buy the GMG version.

So can we please get a statement from Trion Worlds about this annoying bug? Will the Scandinavian players receive their keys today so they can play at launch, should they wait until Valve OR Trion World have fixed this and maybe miss a few days of playtime (resulting that some of us will out level them by the time they can join us) or should they all download 3:rd party VPN programs and trick Steam so they can get their keys?

atlantix
04-01-2013, 07:17 AM
trion world has no responsibility over the issue
you have to take this up to the steam as it is your friends retailer..

i already posted the fix to this situation in various forums
unfortunately steam support is not as fast as you think or as pro as you think..
they hire people with no knowledge about online gaming...
they also do not provide phone support so you have to explain everything by writing.. not to mention current steam support do not understand the problem even tho you explain them as if you explain it to 5yrs old kid..

your friends best hope is VPN or they have to spam the steam support..
but trust me we already spammed steam support about this issue, they haven't done anything yet, i doubt they will do anything before 2nd of april..

Quirky
04-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Pretty sure as the above has stated you've bought it from Steam - Go take the Battle to them. Asking Trion for a Statement would be like adding a Middleman. Its up to Steam unless you bought it through Trion Directly.

Poke your Lazy Friends and tell them to get off their arse and to Contact Steam.

Senel
04-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Unfortnately this is a Steam issue, although i'm sure Trion would apologize for your difficulties its really an issue only resolved by steam. As big as they are they still tend to take a bit of time to act on things, Trion hasnt been able to reach them to allow pre-loading for example. So aside from contacting Steam support directly you'll have to wait until the issue is resolved. Worst case scenario is that the game unlocks on Steam and then you can play it. Well not you but those effected.

Runeclaw
04-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately it is as you say, the support for Steam isn't very fast or good. Some have waited for days to get a reply and the ones that did get one have not been helped at all, getting told that "The Beta is over" or "The game will launch the 2:nd", completely ignoring the problem they reported.
All answers are replies, but not all replies are answers. I guess Steam support is happy as long as they reply.

I have e-mailed my friends and told them how to use the VPN service, so hopefully they will use that so we can play. I just know that one of them is so paranoid about using random software he does not know much about. Oh well, his problem if he don't want the solution.

As for the statement I said I wanted, mostly just wanted to hear a "We at Trion Worlds have contacted Valve about this issue and it should be fixed very soon. Hope to see you all in the game tomorrow!" or something like that, just a hint that Valve is working on it and Trion is telling them to hurry up.

Senel
04-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately it is as you say, the support for Steam isn't very fast or good. Some have waited for days to get a reply and the ones that did get one have not been helped at all, getting told that "The Beta is over" or "The game will launch the 2:nd", completely ignoring the problem they reported.
All answers are replies, but not all replies are answers. I guess Steam support is happy as long as they reply.

I have e-mailed my friends and told them how to use the VPN service, so hopefully they will use that so we can play. I just know that one of them is so paranoid about using random software he does not know much about. Oh well, his problem if he don't want the solution.

As for the statement I said I wanted, mostly just wanted to hear a "We at Trion Worlds have contacted Valve about this issue and it should be fixed very soon. Hope to see you all in the game tomorrow!" or something like that, just a hint that Valve is working on it and Trion is telling them to hurry up.

Yes, Trion has contacted Steam with the issues and except with the holiday even the developers aren't getting great support. I'm glad there is at least a work around for you & your friends to play. (: