PDA

View Full Version : UK Region code

bouncy77
04-01-2013, 07:19 AM
hi all,

i am from australia and we dont get the release until the 11th for this game, they wont provide a reason as they apparently have no idea why in stores they just received an email was all. I only asked because this game was meant to be a global release on the 2nd.

Anyways my question is are UK games PAL, i am only trying to confirm this as i am goin to order it from overseas (should get here by the weekend) but dont want to risk losing money on the wrong format. I have searched the internet and i am 90% sure it is PAL over there however i was looking to see if anyone from the UK can confirm this.

II Birchy II
04-01-2013, 07:21 AM
PAL is correct for UK games.

gryste
04-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Yip pal. Region 2

Anyways is pal still used with HDTV seen as it was the Hz thing and all modern tv s can do 60hz now

bouncy77
04-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Cheers ppl, ordered my copy (ultimate edition, workd out cheaper as well) from amazon UK and hopefully will be here for the weekend instead of the end of next week

Lupis Volk
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah it suck we have to wait. but hey i get to play a few games and rage at my US buddies who are getting it. Also the UK UE is delayed till the 12th. good luck getting it early.

bouncy77
04-01-2013, 04:47 PM
you sure UK is, From what i have read it is only australia. Seems UK players are counting down on here so either they are in for a suprise or they are getting it the 2nd.
Also the reason i went with Amazon is because i can cancel at any time and the money doesnt come out till it is ready to ship :) i thought ahead a bit lol

also FYI an email i get today

Hello Drew,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

In regards to your order being delayed, I have researched this on our end and I was not able to find any shipping delays from us to any EB Game retailers. It is possible that they do not have enough of the product in stock in order to fulfill all of the orders that they received and as such you'll likely need to wait until April 11th as they indicated before you will get your copy of the game. As a gamer myself, I do understand the frustration of wanting something and then getting this message and I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause for you. Regrettably though this isn't something that Trion did and I can't speak to the business practices of your retails in Australia to know if it is something that they did.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is 130401-000622.

Sincerely,

GM Rykurrun
Trion Worlds Inc.