PDA

View Full Version : gameplay world...

lukiemia
04-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Just a quick question

Is the entire world unlocked from the start of the game? or do you have to progressively unlock it through mission completion?

Jesse
04-01-2013, 08:00 AM
The entire world will be unlocked.

You may die quickly if you go too far at a lower level, but you can go anywhere :)

Komakala
04-01-2013, 08:00 AM
From what we saw in beta you didn't have to unlock anything, but we only had 2 of the 5 zones. But it may be different. I guess only Alpha players know, and it is still under NDA.

Xyr3s
04-01-2013, 08:03 AM
u could prolly go anywhere u want i think...

Major Nelson
04-01-2013, 08:04 AM
The entire world will be unlocked.

You may die quickly if you go too far at a lower level, but you can go anywhere :)

so there is higher and lower level areas?

i thought everything progressed just like you do (in power rating)

Shismar
04-01-2013, 08:08 AM
You guys may want to check the twitch streams from official alpha weekend. Although most of the current world is open, some parts require steps of the main mission to be completed. Also Coop maps are locked by EGO level and side missions for new areas require certain previous missions to be completed as well.

Mack
04-01-2013, 08:09 AM

I hope there is, i would assume that there is because if you go to the beginning area theres always low level monsters there, and the farther you venture out the harder they are.

Major Nelson
04-01-2013, 08:12 AM
could you provide a link (youtube) cant use twitch (on xbox)(no flash)

Jardian
04-01-2013, 08:12 AM

Its not so much higher and lower levels as the fact as you progress from the starting area the npcs get smarter and will group up more often, Have shields and so on. So they become harder to deal with a new player would stand less of a chance dealing with them then someone with perks and such.

Shismar
04-01-2013, 08:13 AM

No, this is an MMO so the mobs are the same for everyone independent of EGO level. But there is only a very mild progression of mob difficulty by area as well as only small increase of character power with EGO levels.

For a bit of a challenge you may want to hang on to your starting weapon and try to use it in later content. With some determination that should be doable :)

Shismar
04-01-2013, 08:26 AM
could you provide a link (youtube) cant use twitch (on xbox)(no flash)

Sorry, these were streams exclusively from twitch partners and I believe they were not allowed to post on youtube.