PDA

View Full Version : BUG/GLITCHES and more PROBLEMS with the "new" DLC!!!

Cylumne
08-22-2013, 11:43 PM
i now have the dlc i have played it extensively , and as i said before it brings a whole new set of glitches and bugs with it mostly in the "arena"

1. the arena "timer/score" glitches 50% of the time and cannot be seen!!!

2.the multiplier in the arena will not go past 10X no matter how much you kill or how quickly!

3.the multiplier drops much much to quickly to properly kill the "elites" as long as you are hitting a target the multiplier should not time out period !!

4. the rendering in the game is completely borked the in new volge sieges i have seen the enemies as well as player's completely disappear off screen then reappear at random this happens in arkfalls as well
meaning i can neither target to heal other player's nor target to kill the volge/hellbugs/99'ers/scrappers/dark matter units.......ergo i cannot score in the seige/arkfall neither can others a large majority of the time

5. the new thorn liro vendor must be an inside joke because i honestly don't get it 1k reputation and 500,000 script for an "orange" charge blade???
the prices are absolutely ridiculous especially after considering we paid you real life cash for this ridiculous dlc! in the first place that being said wth is up with the prices for the "mods" on the in game store for them if they just give a different "paint job/color schematic one would believe they should all be the same price just as other items are .....is this even more thinly veiled attempt at how hard up for cash you are you cannot put the color mods in an in game vendor ?

6.why in all that is unholy.. have you now made us now pay script on top of ark salvage to buy "key's" which we once again have to pay more script to buy the box the "keys" unlock??... one t4 box that has no guarantee of giving a "rare" purple or orange piece of equipment now costs 10k scrip assuming one buys all 64 keys that's 7 k for 65 keys + 3k for the t4 box i personally consider that below the belt!

7. AMMO BOXES ...........you use an ammo crate it should fully reload your "equipped" weapon as well as your surplus!! you should not i repeat not have to waste time manually reloading your equipped weapon to fully "top- off" your ammo supply

8. if certain people wish to buy and sell weapons mods what have you either give us an in game auction house to do so or increase the sale value on the weapons to vendors to keep people from scamming /ripping people off!!
the weapons have a set price that is more than fair the vendor "sellback" prices are not fair in the slightest i suggest at least 1/2 sellback value of weapons actual price....

9. salvaging equipment having to answer yes or no every single time we want to salvage anything is getting old! we need a viable option to "mass salvage" items from inventory by selecting /highlighting them and salvaging them

Cylumne
08-22-2013, 11:44 PM
if your as equally fed up with theses problems feel free to add more and give credit to this post :)

AR700SAW
08-23-2013, 01:05 AM
But seriously, I find that if I go into the pause menu (menus in general, like the map) the timer and points meters completely disappear until I exit the arena (they still go up, but you can't see them). And I agree about everything, but especially the orange charge blade; why not just give the orange, blue and purple ones better bonuses compared to the free one (e.g. fire effect, faster attacks, longer reach, more damage, anything that makes the difference of 1,000 rep and 500,000 scrip equal more than an extra 100 or so damage)

Jice Corvus
08-23-2013, 01:41 AM
1: Don't go into the menu. Its a bug, and it does need to be fixed, but its avoidable.

2. It isn't supposed to.

3. Yes it should time out. The arenas are supposed to be a challenge, if the multipliers didn't time out there would be no challenge whatsoever.

If you can't do it, thats not the game developers fault, its yours. Practice more, or ask someone for advice, don't whine about how you want your wins handed to you.

Protip: Damage the elite, kill something, finish the elite off. Multiplier maintained.

5. Much like three, you aren't entitled to the best gear in the game just because you bought the DLC. Do you buy expansions for other mmos and expect to be handed all the endgame raid loot?

6. Before the patch people complained scrip was a useless unit of currency. (It was). Now it isn't, both through people wanting to save up for an orange charge blade, and through the need for it to be spent to buy keys and boxes. This is a good thing.

Dracian
08-23-2013, 04:33 AM
i now have the dlc i have played it extensively , and as i said before it brings a whole new set of glitches and bugs with it mostly in the "arena"

1. the arena "timer/score" glitches 50% of the time and cannot be seen!!!

Known bug : do not open any menu while in the arena or it'll screw your HUD.

2.the multiplier in the arena will not go past 10X no matter how much you kill or how quickly!

Working as intended.

3.the multiplier drops much much to quickly to properly kill the "elites" as long as you are hitting a target the multiplier should not time out period !!

Working as intended.

4. the rendering in the game is completely borked the in new volge sieges i have seen the enemies as well as player's completely disappear off screen then reappear at random this happens in arkfalls as well
meaning i can neither target to heal other player's nor target to kill the volge/hellbugs/99'ers/scrappers/dark matter units.......ergo i cannot score in the seige/arkfall neither can others a large majority of the time

Yeah, it seems to be lag related. However some people with excellent connections seem to have that issue too, so it may also have to do with your CG.

5. the new thorn liro vendor must be an inside joke because i honestly don't get it 1k reputation and 500,000 script for an "orange" charge blade???
the prices are absolutely ridiculous especially after considering we paid you real life cash for this ridiculous dlc! in the first place that being said wth is up with the prices for the "mods" on the in game store for them if they just give a different "paint job/color schematic one would believe they should all be the same price just as other items are .....is this even more thinly veiled attempt at how hard up for cash you are you cannot put the color mods in an in game vendor ?

1k reputation is fine, but I agree, the Scrip fee is too high. Should have been between something between 100k to 250k.

6.why in all that is unholy.. have you now made us now pay script on top of ark salvage to buy "key's" which we once again have to pay more script to buy the box the "keys" unlock??... one t4 box that has no guarantee of giving a "rare" purple or orange piece of equipment now costs 10k scrip assuming one buys all 64 keys that's 7 k for 65 keys + 3k for the t4 box i personally consider that below the belt!

Because people was complaining against the fact that Scrip was useless. Trion, for once, listened to their customers. And now, people rant against the fact that they have to pay Scrip on more things. Human beings' logic.

7. AMMO BOXES ...........you use an ammo crate it should fully reload your "equipped" weapon as well as your surplus!! you should not i repeat not have to waste time manually reloading your equipped weapon to fully "top- off" your ammo supply

Sounds logical to my hears. I'll take a simple real life example to explain the logic : water. Imagine that you have a sink that give you water : it's the ammo crate. Since you are well educated you don't drink the water directly from the tap, you serve the water from that sink in a carafe : this is your ammo reserve. And you drink water from a glass, not directly from the carafe (remember you are well-educated). The glass is your weapon's magazine. See what I mean ? Your carafe can contain one litre of water : if you want to have access to more, you have first to pour some water from the carafe into your glass and then re-filling the carafe at maximum. Same goes for ammo in game.

8. if certain people wish to buy and sell weapons mods what have you either give us an in game auction house to do so or increase the sale value on the weapons to vendors to keep people from scamming /ripping people off!!
the weapons have a set price that is more than fair the vendor "sellback" prices are not fair in the slightest i suggest at least 1/2 sellback value of weapons actual price....

I'd be also more than happy to see an Auction House in Defiance. On PC-EU, there are very few people coming on the forums to trade and few people are eager to trade directly in-game... Not to mention that trading in-game it's not practical : the impossibility to access the chat window while trading is annoying at best.

9. salvaging equipment having to answer yes or no every single time we want to salvage anything is getting old! we need a viable option to "mass salvage" items from inventory by selecting /highlighting them and salvaging them

I'd like that too, but Trion is not free of its choices because of console's limitations. At least, now we can salvage directly from Inventory. That's better than pre-DLC.

For my part, it's more PvP bugs and glitches that give me the greatest concerns : the reload bug on Pump Shotguns, Military Academy bugged like nothing and old glitches coming back to the surface (perma-invisibility, for example)... As well as questionable choices regarding the new Infector and BMG scopes...

AngersRevenge
08-23-2013, 07:37 AM
But seriously, I find that if I go into the pause menu (menus in general, like the map) the timer and points meters completely disappear until I exit the arena (they still go up, but you can't see them). And I agree about everything, but especially the orange charge blade; why not just give the orange, blue and purple ones better bonuses compared to the free one (e.g. fire effect, faster attacks, longer reach, more damage, anything that makes the difference of 1,000 rep and 500,000 scrip equal more than an extra 100 or so damage)
charge blades do increased damage with increased rarity. Check it out for your self.

stripclubdj
08-23-2013, 07:44 AM
charge blades do increased damage with increased rarity. Check it out for your self.

My orange charge blade does 2273

Kadera
08-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm not the most...agile gamer in the world. I have the reflexes and eye-hand coordination of a 50 year old, because that's how old I am.

My first few attempts at the arenas were, predictably, terrible. I spent so much time just trying to stay alive, I barely got the multiplier off X1. But then I realized a new situation required radically different strategies.

My usual EGO power choice of either Overcharge or Cloak? Forget it. Blur for arenas where I need to move fast to keep engaging enemies. Or Decoy for ones where there are tons of mobs I can trick into bunching up to attack my decoy so I can mow 'em down or blow 'em up.

Weapon, grenade, shield, and perk choices matter, too. Just my conclusions, but I realized I needed to equip one major killing weapon (my usual go-to is SMG for these... I love my SAW, but it's just not nimble enough for those close-quarters, and I simply haven't been able to figure out how to use ARs effectively) and one AoE weapon. For the latter, I go Ground-Pounder. I can lay down trails of explosives and set them off as whatever's chasing me goes over them, or lob them into groups.

Grenade: I've been using the incendiary explosive. Might not be the best, but it seems to be working.

Shield: I'm using a purple Respark with 50% regen. If I had the regeneration bonus on something with a bit more shielding oomph behind it, I'd probably use that instead, but this seems good enough. Thing is, even with a sub-3sec recharge start, I've noticed in arenas I'm being attacked constantly, and so it doesn't often trigger anyway.

Perks: Whatever supports the EGO power (reduced cool-down, longer duration). Anything that aids in reloading weapons (Preparedness, for example). Assassin's cache to regenerate ammo on critical kills. Fortitude and Regeneration. Blast Shield if I have room for it, since most of the arenas have something that throws explosives at you. Or the perk that increases damage for things caught in explosions. Stuff like that.

After that, it's been a matter of accepting the first few times in an arena, I'm learning the spawns. Forget the score; see what shows up and where. Ideally to figure out where and during which rounds large numbers of critters spawn, and especially if I can lead them into choke-points where I can GP them into oblivion. For example, in the very first arena, in one of the later rounds, there are TONS of skitters on the lower level; go after them and ignore everything up top. Besides, many of the Archers will come down eventually anyway.

Knowing when to say to hell with the multiplier, regroup and find another clump of mobs to go after. Making sure to switch between my two weapons as much as possible to conserve ammo -- because having to refill from the box in the middle of a match is a score-killer.

Keep using my EGO power as often as possible.

Mostly ignoring the Elites, unless there are lots of smaller things nearby I can switch to quickly to keep the multiplier going -- because even a 150 point Elite isn't worth the ammo or the time if I'm at X1 multiplier when I could kill just two 10 point skitters at X10, with just a couple bullets each, and get 50 points more.

I try to kill the Golden Skitters whenever they show up, but I'm not obsessive about it...even though they sometimes drop great loot (2 purples out of arenas so far). Chasing after one is another score-killer, if it causes you to lose your multiplier. (On the other hand, I loved it when I killed one at the full X10 -- because that was 3000 on my score for that run.)

Do try to survive, because (I believe) there's a 2000 point bonus at the end just for not crashing out by dying. I had one run where I thought, "Oh crap -- I just need another 150 to make gold..." -- and the bonus put me well over the top.

Result? Well, I haven't done the last arena and I fully expect that one to be a serious challenge. But I've managed to get gold on all four of the first set of arenas. And seriously, I'm not that good. I'm not saying these are easy (I hate people who do that -- you say, "damn, that was hard" and they respond with a totally d*ckish, "It was ridiculously easy"), and I did have to work at it, but I found them doable.

More than doable, I'm already thinking some of them are kind of fun.

kmurtinger
11-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Can we PLEASE fix that darn sword glitch that is being used at arkfalls! It is getting quite annoying. Some glitches are ok if they benefit you and does not affect anyone else. But this one affects EVERYONE!!! Please fix it.