PDA

View Full Version : WALMART preorder for PC: any luck?

the1gwiz
04-01-2013, 09:15 AM
I've been trying to find out what the deal is with the WalMart PC preorder; in-store, they have clearly marked preorder cards with scratch-off coders to secure their preorder bonuses for the 360 and PS3. Not a thing for the PC version. Employee in section said he's never seen a thing for the game for the
PC except for it being featured on the in-store advertising.

Called .com's customer service line and spent 10 minutes just explaining what a preorder code for a video game IS. No luck at all getting any information on that front.

Has anyone had ANY success obtaining PC preorder bonus codes from Wal-Mart, either in-store or from walmart.com? The Volter looks fun and I'd love to take it for a spin.

Mcdragon
04-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I've been trying to find out what the deal is with the WalMart PC preorder; in-store, they have clearly marked preorder cards with scratch-off coders to secure their preorder bonuses for the 360 and PS3. Not a thing for the PC version. Employee in section said he's never seen a thing for the game for the
PC except for it being featured on the in-store advertising.

Called .com's customer service line and spent 10 minutes just explaining what a preorder code for a video game IS. No luck at all getting any information on that front.

Has anyone had ANY success obtaining PC preorder bonus codes from Wal-Mart, either in-store or from walmart.com? The Volter looks fun and I'd love to take it for a spin.

thats because walmart doesnt sell major title pc games. they focus more on console than they do anything for pc

dirtyklingon
04-01-2013, 09:18 AM
thats because walmart doesnt sell major title pc games. they focus more on console than they do anything for pc

my local walmart has every major pc title at launch.

but i've never seen anything about preordering games there.

SYN BLACK XS
04-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Any clue when Walmart will start putting them on the shelf?

Senel
04-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Oh man... wal-mart caters to so many things i imagine the issue explaining something to someone who just isn't used to this sort of thing. I really don't know... buying games from wal-mart is no issue i think something like pre-ordering MMO and how things can change should probably stick with a retailer focused on games at least they'd have more of an understanding. However i know that can't always be possible. Good luck though man.

dirtyklingon
04-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Any clue when Walmart will start putting them on the shelf?

probably tonight after hours. that's when most retail stores stock their shelves.