PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Wireless Headset

lionhart
08-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi, when I first started playing Defiance I had no problem with my PS3 wireless headset. But lately it has been crashing my in play gaming. I was having real trouble with continuous crashing. So I tried to play without my wireless headset on and it still crashes once in a while but not nearly as much as when I have my headset on. I even tried starting up without the headset then turning it on to see what happens and the game immediately started getting buggy. I turn it off and the game returns to normal. Anyone else having this problem?

Wunjo
08-25-2013, 08:57 AM
I've been having lots of sound issues. I've pretty much played the last two weeks without game sound.

Since the patch before the big DLC release I've had:

Major increase in the stuttering / helicopter sound which may not fix itself for an hour or more. This is pretty much guaranteed to happen at the major hellbug arkfall as soon as the flying boss takes off. However, it is happening to me everywhere.

Complete loss of game sound this also may or may not clear itself.

I would estimate that out of an hour of game play I might have game sound 20 minutes.

My game sound comes out via optical cable. I had considered switching off of the optical port but I hate to loss surround sound.

I had not thought that having the chat channel come out via blue tooth would be causing these issues.

I'm sure I'll have an opportunity soon to try turning the blue tooth off and see if the game sound returns to normal.

DragonsWife
08-25-2013, 09:59 AM
I too have had the above issues with bluetooth crashing the sound on my system. We get the stuttery, helicopter noise (we usually just mute the TVand continue playing, but we enjoy the sounds and the new battle music). We've had sound completely stop and not come back for about an hour or until the system was rebooted.