PDA

View Full Version : Got Ultimate edition...

Mordaeus
04-01-2013, 10:00 AM
So I got the ultimate edition from GS - ... we wont get our copies till tomarrow, so no key or anything other than the Pre-order key ..... so do we get excluded from preloading and playing at the stated launch times..... ?

Hopswigh
04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
That would be correct sir.

Senel
04-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Pretty much all physical copies have this issue.

Solitaire
04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
So I got the ultimate edition from GS - ... we wont get our copies till tomarrow, so no key or anything other than the Pre-order key ..... so do we get excluded from preloading and playing at the stated launch times..... ?

Well we'll have the cool Art book / Music CD and HellBug to play with while it loads and updates! and a Bag to stick stuff in... ^_~

Those poor people with digital downloads have to sit and twiddle their thumbs ^_^

Valethar
04-01-2013, 11:59 AM
So I got the ultimate edition from GS - so do we get excluded from preloading and playing at the stated launch times..... ?

Yes. If you spent the $150 on the UE, you're a second class citizen that doesn't get to pre-load. I don't really see why not, since they could easily have allowed box owners to pre-load, without allowing them to actually play until the CD key was registered.

Doz
04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
GameStop sent me an e-mail today that my UE has been shipped. I purchased the physical copy.

Mordaeus
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Ya it's shipped, but won't get it till tomorrow, can't preload it to play at the specified launch times.... goes to show how much they care about those of us, that support them by getting the UE .... * Sad panda *

FizzyMyNizzy
04-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Well we'll have the cool Art book / Music CD and HellBug to play with while it loads and updates! and a Bag to stick stuff in... ^_~

Those poor people with digital downloads have to sit and twiddle their thumbs ^_^

Not really. I just sit and watch the video unboxing. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkXfGab6A9c

Landshark
04-01-2013, 01:00 PM
When has anyone ever been able to pre-load a physical/boxed copy purchase, even a pre-order?

Every single time I pre-order a retail copy from somewhere like amazon, the game always arrives on the 'day of' release, never earlier.

I don't get why people are expecting their game to arrive any time other than the day the game releases?

Mordaeus
04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
When has anyone ever been able to pre-load a physical/boxed copy purchase, even a pre-order?

Every single time I pre-order a retail copy from somewhere like amazon, the game always arrives on the 'day of' release, never earlier.
I don't get why people are expecting their game to arrive any time other than the day the game releases?

hmmm well Swtor, AOC, RIFT , and a few others that I have played, which i got the collector boxed editions and was able to preload each and every one of them.... why must I be penalized to play at 12pm my time just because I decided to get the UE ..

AzK
04-01-2013, 01:06 PM

You're joking right? Most if not all mmos let you, not only preload, but also early access the game with some code, no matter what version of the game you buy, digital or physical.

So in the case of physical editions you can preload and even start playing while your box arrives, and that goes even for subscription based mmos since there's always a couple days or so grace period after early access end.

In my case, i got the UE from amazon uk cause it was cheap (56 at the time of my order) but i don't live in the uk, so i probably won't get my box before friday, hell, maybe even next monday if the courier slacks.
I don't care that much about waiting, what bothers me is that by the time i'll be able to play all the names will be taken.

Slowjerk
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
You're joking right? Most if not all mmos let you, not only preload, but also early access the game with some code, no matter what version of the game you buy, digital or physical.

So in the case of physical editions you can preload and even start playing while your box arrives, and that goes even for subscription based mmos since there's always a couple days or so grace period after early access end.

I was just about to say this. I pretty much only get games digitally now but back a year and beyond, mmos would give you a temp code to work for a few days after release.

ranger2410
04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
This is a really, really, incredibly pathetic thing to complain about. I mean, seriously, i can smell the Doritos sweat from here.

Xanta Claws
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't care that much about waiting, what bothers me is that by the time i'll be able to play all the names will be taken.

This is my main problem as well.
Also ordered the UE from Amazon.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Not really. I just sit and watch the video unboxing. =P

The 'oh crap' look on Greg's face when he dropped the hellbug and thought he broke it was epic.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 01:35 PM

Rift allowed this. Just one example.

Monkheal
04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
They never guaranteed early access, or led anyone to believe they were going to allow it so technically there should be no complaints.

Quilliam
04-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Do like I did, switch to steam and cancel your UE. You get more in game stuff!

tuckerpb
04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
well the great people at CS just basicly told me that yes. people that pre ordered the hard copy of the game are SOL and second class players.
quote from CS " There would be no way for us to tell what CD key is coming with your game. "
that is true so use a 2-3 code system. Like someone already said there are game that give you a temp code till your box comes in.
All they had to do is
first key you get from the stores showing you pre ordered. this will allow you to pre download it.
second key mailed to you from trion as a temp play key. 1-7 days. which they don't even really need to do.
third key from the box when you get it. full unlock the game.
simple, but i take it they like to upset paying customers.

augustgrace
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Called Gamestop to see if they'd release my preorder tonight, they don't even have the boxes yet, told me to check back tomorrow..... Strongly considering just canceling my order and picking up bioshock instead, getting a bad feeling about this game.

Monkheal
04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
If they gave out temp keys ppl could play it some then decide to cancel orders and that wouldnt be any good. Also they never said that they were offering this or early release so you should not feel entitled to what was not offered. And honestly if you order a hard copy you shouldnt expect to get the game until you pick up your copy cause yea the key is IN the box. This is why I order digital cause its so much more convenient and I dont care for extra crap they give out with Physical copies. Either way most xbox/ps3 players also have to wait unless the retailer they ordered from sent the disc early so should they get to complain too?

Xtheoneandonly
04-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Called Gamestop to see if they'd release my preorder tonight, they don't even have the boxes yet, told me to check back tomorrow..... Strongly considering just canceling my order and picking up bioshock instead, getting a bad feeling about this game.

I did the same, called Gamestop and tried to fast-talk them into letting me pick my preorder up tonight....failed miserably. They have them all at my store, just being stingy...XD

Neferonia
04-01-2013, 01:58 PM
I know there are a lot of pay to play mmos that have allowed pre-load with physical copies. However, I don't know of any buy to play mmos like Defiance that has. Anyone know of any?

St Marks
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
I'll be waiting to see what my dog thinks of the Hellbug statue...

Quilliam
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I did the same, called Gamestop and tried to fast-talk them into letting me pick my preorder up tonight....failed miserably. They have them all at my store, just being stingy...XD

Before I Cancled I did the same thing, I called. They have it but said I can't have it until 10am tomorrow. I said well then ill just buy it online and play tonight. Yes I am out 5$ but oh we'll I like the steam bonus better and it is the principle that they could give it to me now but won't. Eventually brick and mortar stores are going to have to get new deals with companies else loose out and close. But hey our economy is doing great so I'm sure they don't need us to buy there...