PDA

View Full Version : Names chosen in Beta, reserved for that person?

CarbonDibaxide
04-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Are the character names that you created within the Beta reserved for you for a certain amount of time? Few days etc. Because chances are my *ultimate edition* won't get to my house till the 3rd maybe even 4th of April. I don't feel I should miss out on my desired character name (which I'm 99% sure will get taken if not reserved) because I paid much more for a prestige edition of the game, rather than just going to my local supermarket and waiting till midnight.

Khufu
04-01-2013, 10:06 AM
No. Nothing from beta carries over.

SumMischief
04-01-2013, 10:22 AM
You just need to hope that its available when you create your character .. First come first served .

SchwartzJesuz
04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
What name is it OP? Ill reserve it for you :P

CarbonDibaxide
04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Well that's stupid. I don't see why they can't just reserve certain names for certain players for say, the first 3 days of release. That way the person who used that particular name in the beta has a head start in using it again. If they go for something else and leave that name unused, the reserve lifts after 3 days (for example) and then it's free to be used by anyone else.

CarbonDibaxide
04-01-2013, 10:25 AM
What name is it OP? Ill reserve it for you :P

I'm not falling for that one. I'm keeping it on the down low in hope that it doesn't get taken ;).

SumMischief
04-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Chances are if you was in the beta and was able to use the name of choice. It will be there for you to use when the game goes live... If not start thinking of alternatives.

CarbonDibaxide
04-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Chances are if you was in the beta and was able to use the name of choice. It will be there for you to use when the game goes live... If not start thinking of alternatives.

I have plenty of alternatives. It's not my lack of imagination that concerns me but the fact that I should not be penalised for pre-ordering the game - it should be the entire opposite of the matter (in fairness there ARE pre-order bonuses). But the name of your character is a BIG part of the character itself and will affect your overall experience of the game. I shouldn't have to miss out on my name of preference by someone creating a character with that name who didn't even pre-order the game.

SumMischief
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Well the same can be said for anyone who has the game on release. Why do I need to wait to see if someone going to use a name that was used in a beta when the servers go live. Pre-order just insure you get the game when released in most cases. It do not include anything other than the incentive describe for ordering it early.

UmbrusNightshade
04-01-2013, 11:05 AM

This is why I chose names that meant nothing to me on my Beta characters. That way no one will know what I'm going for in release version name.

CarbonDibaxide
04-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Well the same can be said for anyone who has the game on release. Why do I need to wait to see if someone going to use a name that was used in a beta when the servers go live. Pre-order just insure you get the game when released in most cases. It do not include anything other than the incentive describe for ordering it early.

I'm paying for an item I haven't received yet, depending on the provider, in good faith. They're getting a guaranteed sale before the game is even out. You SHOULD have to wait ( like I said, not indefinitely) because you're buying it once it's already out, it's not hard to reserve a name for a certain person and I've seen it done in other games and there were no complaints. Either the name was redeemed by the original owner of that name and they were pleased to have it back. Or they decided to use another name, the finite amount of time preventing others using that name expired and everyone else was free to use it.

SumMischief
04-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Ha , Ok, Good luck with that

CarbonDibaxide
04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Ha , Ok, Good luck with that
Thanks for the constructive comment. Really helps. You on PS3?

SumMischief
04-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah I will be on the PS3 side for the start of this ...

CarbonDibaxide
04-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah I will be on the PS3 side for the start of this ...
I'll keep an eye out. Wouldn't want to shoot you or anything...