PDA

View Full Version : What mods do you like on the volge gun?

BertReynolds
08-23-2013, 09:51 PM
I have the volge gun, but I think I may be using it wrong. Im unimpressed with it so far. I put a + dam barrel and an expanded mag so far. Does alright damage but I still like heavy assault carbine better.

Am I just using the wrong mods? Does anyone have any tips on using it in general?

x3kingsheat136x
08-23-2013, 09:58 PM
external recoil
power bore
controlled burst
assault scope

mcshulte
08-23-2013, 09:59 PM
I use
external recoil
power bore
extended mag
assault scope

BertReynolds
08-23-2013, 10:03 PM
external recoil
power bore
controlled burst
assault scope

So burst mod works on this one? Whats the effect of it? You do mean the big volge gun right?

BATMAN G0T HAM
08-23-2013, 10:06 PM
My tip with that gun is you have to lead your shots, basically guess where the enemy is going to move. Cause if they're moving around your not going to hit them aiming directly at them. Unless of course they're standing still, but nevertheless it's a pretty formidable gun

BertReynolds
08-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Good tips , because I really want to like this gun. Also it seems the mods do nothing for the look of the gun. Its a small detail, but its something that ive liked about the mods.

Deirachel
08-23-2013, 10:24 PM
It works just like any other LMG/SMG/AR you put it on. You hit the trigger and it fires three rounds for said trigger pull. It fires at the same rate as without it, but it does make it easier to use. I use it because I have arthritis and carpal tunnel, so pulling that trigger a lot can get painful on a long session.

BATMAN G0T HAM
08-23-2013, 10:33 PM
You could also just hold down the trigger too, it'll still fire at the same rate.

Deirachel
08-23-2013, 10:38 PM
I find the guns are easier to move if I'm not holding the triggers on the controller. That's probably just my hands, but there you go.

BATMAN G0T HAM
08-23-2013, 10:43 PM
I find the guns are easier to move if I'm not holding the triggers on the controller. That's probably just my hands, but there you go.

Yep, it's just personal preference.

Pyth
08-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Does the burst mod actually work on it? And what about elemental converters? (if they even still have those)

Deikon
08-24-2013, 07:18 AM
I thought the recoil was okay so I burned a melee mod on the stock. Of course a power bore barrel, and a rapid reload for mag mod. The high cap mod gets you what 2 maybe 3 extra rounds at the most (sorry, too lazy to do the actual math). And yes, one of my friends was able to put a incendiary mag mod on one.

Indra Echo
08-24-2013, 09:28 AM
My tip with that gun is you have to lead your shots, basically guess where the enemy is going to move. Cause if they're moving around your not going to hit them aiming directly at them. Unless of course they're standing still, but nevertheless it's a pretty formidable gun

This. It sort of aims more like the flare gun and it doesn't have spash damage. Easy to miss by small margins and end up hitting behind a target.

Indra Echo
08-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Does the burst mod actually work on it? And what about elemental converters? (if they even still have those)

Still have incendiary and IIRC the toxic ones were converted to radiation. But a toxic gun I bought at a faction vendor a long time ago, still shows the toxic thing on it.

alienstookmybeer
08-24-2013, 09:44 AM
I put the incendiary mod on it. It doesn't trigger often since it's a green and hard to get crit hits but looking at the other options:

Rapid Reload shaves about a 1/2 second off reload
High Cap Mag changes the mag from 15 to 23
Burst Mod with a 1.5 fire rate?

I rarely empty a whole mag at one time with this anyway since it's so slow and with Preparedness perk it usually has all the ammo I need when I switch back to it.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
08-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Alright, so anyone remember the Plasma Pulsar from the beta? That's basically what this thing is, though to a much lesser (thank God) extent. Its great at hitting crits as long as they're kind of facing you and it does great crit (almost 5k per shot with appropriate perks)

External Recoil Reduction Stock
Ionic Barrel
High Capacity Mag
Assault Scope (or whichever one doesn't add a scope [gives bonus to movement accuracy])

The secret to using this thing well is to keep mobile. Its accuracy is the same regardless of whether you're ADSing or not, so don't even bother ADSing. Just keep those crit spots in front of you and you'll be just (relatively. Player IQ factors in heavily here) fine.