PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft accidentally unveils first expansion for Defiance.

Dodece
04-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Apparently while updating the listing for the game on their website. Microsoft has spilled the beans yet again. It appears we have the name, setting, and release date for the first expansion to Defiance. Along with a list of new features that will be ported into the game.

Infamy will arrive on May 15th, and take place on the big island of Hawaii. Where players will endeavor to save the famous naval base at Pearl Harbor from an invasion of semi aquatic humanoids bent on claiming the islands for their own. Players will be able to acquire a number of new sea vehicles including jet skis, air boats, speed boats, and hovercraft.

Some of the screen shots even show the old battleships discharging their guns at very large sea creatures that look like giant squids, and there was one screen in particular that has me stoked. That shows players up in the balconies of ocean front hotels shooting at masses of mutants as they are landing on a beach. Oh hell yeah straight out of Normandy this is going to be so sweet.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Defiance

inthegamewayne
04-01-2013, 10:18 AM
April fools

Dodece
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
You have to scroll to the bottom it is under the Defiance logo tee shirt.

IIFatalshockII
04-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Drool drool*

I suspect this is a prank, but it is a positively Mouth-watering one.

duction
04-01-2013, 10:28 AM
picture or it didnt happern,

Dodece
04-01-2013, 10:33 AM
I provided a link. Just scroll to the bottom of the page, and read the product description for Infamy. How hard can that possibly be. I have the product listing open in another window right now.

duction
04-01-2013, 10:38 AM
throws up an error for me

Dodece
04-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Okay try this one.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Defiance/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545907d1?SortBy=TopRated

IIFatalshockII
04-01-2013, 10:41 AM
All I get is a page that no longer exists. Can you do a screen shot of what you got to show before they took it down?

Cpt Blud
04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
People.. look at the calendar.. Ok, the first url, replace Defiance with Gullible. Same error page I bet you 10k scrip. The second link will have it 'mysteriously' missing. And anyone can mash up something in photoshop and claim conspiracy. People these days lol

Last Outlaw04
04-01-2013, 10:49 AM
wOw people cant really be falling for this why would you even click the link. Good try

Dodece
04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately I didn't get a screen shot. I provided a truncated link in the first post, because I thought it would be faster. Then when duction said he couldn't read the link. I backed out, and resorted thinking it would pop the listing to the top. Now it isn't there at all anymore. I tried to back button my way back, but all I am getting is a error now too.

Sorry I didn't think they would pull it damned fast. I mean when they slipped with Halo 4 it was there for a couple hours. I must have just gotten really lucky. The up side is that we will probably see the listing tomorrow, or even in just a few more hours. They usually slip up like this. When it is something that they are going to post in the next twenty four hours anyway.

IIFatalshockII
04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
I clicked on the link to see what kind of prank picture I would get. But after it went to an Xbox Marketplace link that had been removed... I'll admit, I let my prank shield slip a little bit.

Fiancee
04-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Hmm, plausible in my opinon, MMO community have wanted sea battles long time now. (Only game what actually has those is Darkfall..)

So cool, so sea battle, and maybe even later Space?

Gotta say if this is true this game has alot more potential than I first though... if the plan is to expand to sea and space.

Dodece
04-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Hah they didn't pull the listing from the consoles market place it is still there. It is listed at 1600 Microsoft points, and while you can try to buy it the purchase wont go through. So someone get on there, and confirm that what I am telling is the truth.

SYN BLACK XS
04-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Nice attempt, but no

With this much time having passed from when you first made the threasd, one would think a screen shot/copy pasted image would have been added. I commend your April Fools attempt though ;)

dlCHIEF58
04-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Hah they didn't pull the listing from the consoles market place it is still there. It is listed at 1600 Microsoft points, and while you can try to buy it the purchase wont go through. So someone get on there, and confirm that what I am telling is the truth.

FAIL - nice try though. There has been nothing on the Marketplace for Defiance other than the usual gameplay trailers and avatar items. Even if it was there by mistake earlier, you tipped your hand with the last post by trying to say it is "1600 Microsoft points" which outs your prank. It is already common knowledge that all add-ons/DLC for this game are going to be $10/800 MSP each with a grand total of 5 pieces (Season pass being 3200MSP/$40).

Dr D Wayne Love
04-01-2013, 12:09 PM

Perfect time to post a screenshot then :)

IIFatalshockII
04-01-2013, 12:11 PM
FAIL - nice try though. There has been nothing on the Marketplace for Defiance other than the usual gameplay trailers and avatar items. Even if it was there by mistake earlier, you tipped your hand with the last post by trying to say it is "1600 Microsoft points" which outs your prank. It is already common knowledge that all add-ons/DLC for this game are going to be $10/800 MSP each with a grand total of 5 pieces (Season pass being 3200MSP/$40).

There are going to be 5 DLC add-ons this year? Nice. That's how it's done.

dlCHIEF58
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
There are going to be 5 DLC add-ons this year? Nice. That's how it's done.

Actually from what I read their DLC schedule for the game runs into 2014 so they plan on supporting it for a while.

Kyro
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Talldestroyer/5-5494-17925-squiddingmejpg-620x.jpg

Dodece
04-01-2013, 12:59 PM
This was a qualified success on the part of yours truly. Based on the replies, views, and the responses I got. You guys have to know I suckered in a whole lot of people. In spite of the fact that there had already been a number of April Fools pranks on these forums today. Give credit where credit is due. By the way a joke isn't the same as a hoax. It is only funny if people have a genuine chance to see through it.

By the way the funny thing is that some of you were right, but for the wrong reasons. Sixteen hundred points would actually be the correct place holder price. If Microsoft had accidentally listed a expansion the system would have attached the maximum possible price for a expansion as the default. Just as the maximum retail price would be the default for a games on demand title. If anything I was being a bit too clever. Most accidental listings in the past started at sixteen hundred points. Until they were corrected later on to reflect the true prices.

inthegamewayne
04-01-2013, 01:19 PM
This was a qualified success on the part of yours truly. Based on the replies, views, and the responses I got. You guys have to know I suckered in a whole lot of people. In spite of the fact that there had already been a number of April Fools pranks on these forums today. Give credit where credit is due. By the way a joke isn't the same as a hoax. It is only funny if people have a genuine chance to see through it.

By the way the funny thing is that some of you were right, but for the wrong reasons. Sixteen hundred points would actually be the correct place holder price. If Microsoft had accidentally listed a expansion the system would have attached the maximum possible price for a expansion as the default. Just as the maximum retail price would be the default for a games on demand title. If anything I was being a bit too clever. Most accidental listings in the past started at sixteen hundred points. Until they were corrected later on to reflect the true prices.

I rumbled you in 2 minutes!

Kroesis
04-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Worst.April.Fools.Ever.

And blowing your own (ahem) trumpet later on claiming to be successful...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/croesis/sayitwithpictures/JeanLucPicard.jpg

MR_CHEWYNumNums
04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Actually from what I read their DLC schedule for the game runs into 2014 so they plan on supporting it for a while.

Technically, the season pass is for 1 entire year of DLC. The DLC schedule is endless.

Dodece
04-01-2013, 02:14 PM
@Kroesis

Seeing as you are somebody who obviously can't take any kind of a joke. Instead of acting like a child, and finding a way to bypass the profanity filters. Maybe you should heed your own advice, and get off of the internet for the rest of the day. This is April Fools day, and people are going to play practical jokes on one another. This holiday teaches us all something about humility, and how to have some healthy skepticism.

I suspect the only reason you were so rude is, because I successfully strung you along. The correct response is to have a little laugh at yourself for being foolish. Don't be a sore sport about it. Chalk it up as a learning experience, or endeavor to spread the cheer with a clever joke all your own. If for whatever reason you can't stand practical jokes. Then the smartest thing you could do on this day is stay away from other people entirely, and frankly you should probably not get on the internet any day of the year.

After all it doesn't take a special day for people to pull practical jokes on other people. Anyway you need to grow up a little bit.

JerZey CJ
04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
So, not only did you attempt a prank that next to no one believed, you're one of those people who are going to keep insisting that they were successful and how funny it is that you "got us" when you didn't. You also get offended by funny pictures. Aren't you just a treat?

Kroesis
04-01-2013, 03:07 PM
@Kroesis

Seeing as you are somebody who obviously can't take any kind of a joke. Instead of acting like a child, and finding a way to bypass the profanity filters. Maybe you should heed your own advice, and get off of the internet for the rest of the day. This is April Fools day, and people are going to play practical jokes on one another. This holiday teaches us all something about humility, and how to have some healthy skepticism.

I suspect the only reason you were so rude is, because I successfully strung you along. The correct response is to have a little laugh at yourself for being foolish. Don't be a sore sport about it. Chalk it up as a learning experience, or endeavor to spread the cheer with a clever joke all your own. If for whatever reason you can't stand practical jokes. Then the smartest thing you could do on this day is stay away from other people entirely, and frankly you should probably not get on the internet any day of the year.

After all it doesn't take a special day for people to pull practical jokes on other people. Anyway you need to grow up a little bit.

Get over yourself. I like jokes and I've been had a couple of times by those who put in the effort. You tried, failed and proceeded to big yourself up for apparent 'successes'. If you are desperately needing to get some E-Peen over failures then I would suggest you need to grow up.

Dr D Wayne Love
04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
This was a qualified success on the part of yours truly. Based on the replies, views, and the responses I got. You guys have to know I suckered in a whole lot of people.

A quick count shows 2 people fell for it, 9 didn't.
You call that a success??

IIFatalshockII
04-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Technically I'm only 0.5 of a success. I was suspicious the whole time.