PDA

View Full Version : Please Help ~ Sorry

Cael
04-01-2013, 10:35 AM
My friend ordered Defiance directly through Trion, however he upgraded to the Deluxe Edition through Steam. Where can he get his Deluxe Upgrade "CODE" that he needs to apply to his Trion account?

Thank you so much. Sorry to bother, but we can't figure it out. We contacted Steam and they have been less than helpful.

He's got the "Deluxe Upgrade" sitting in his Steam inventory but obviously can't apply it because he bought his original copy from Trion.

Thanks again.

Komakala
04-01-2013, 10:39 AM
My friend ordered Defiance directly through Trion, however he upgraded to the Deluxe Edition through Steam. Where can he get his Deluxe Upgrade "CODE" that he needs to apply to his Trion account?

Thank you so much. Sorry to bother, but we can't figure it out. We contacted Steam and they have been less than helpful.

Thanks again.

Check your Library, click Defiance and look to the right, there should be a CD Key to the right of the news updates. If so use that key in the Trion Worlds account. If not, I'm not sure what to tell you. You'll need to talk to customer support from Steam.

LuLu
04-01-2013, 10:40 AM
What Komakala said. I went ahead and registered the game to my Trion account using the CD Keys from Steam and it worked.

Laughter
04-01-2013, 10:41 AM

Thanks again.

Hrm I wasn't aware you could actually upgrade to the digital deluxe on Steam if you didn't have the normal version from Steam.

If you go to your Library then click on the "Defiance" option where it shows up it will give you a menu bar on the right hand interface that will show you the key.

http://i.imgur.com/zZehUmz.png

Komakala
04-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Excellent, I knew there was a pic of this floating around, just wasn't sure of the link. Thanks for posting it Laughter.

Cael
04-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Ok, he added "Defiance" to his Steam Library but the "CD Key" field is not there on the information page. When he goes to his inventory to apply the "Deluxe Upgrade" it says, "cannot apply Deluxe Upgrade because Defiance is not installed in your Steam Library"... Even though, IT IS!

Any ideas?

Komakala
04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah, as expected... Steam doesn't recognize that you have purchased it and the upgrade is sitting in your inventory like it's a gift. You'll have to talk to Steam Support. Worse case, you'll have to buy the standard edition on steam then upgrade it. But see what support can offer before you consider that.

Dantos
04-01-2013, 10:54 AM
You need to buy Defiance through steam in order for the steam deluxe upgrade to work, would be my guess.

Senel
04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah, as expected... Steam doesn't recognize that you have purchased it and the upgrade is sitting in your inventory like it's a gift. You'll have to talk to Steam Support. Worse case, you'll have to buy the standard edition on steam then upgrade it. But see what support can offer before you consider that.

They might be able to provide the upgrade code that he can apply to the Trion website, at the very least probably offer a refund.

Laughter
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
They might be able to provide the upgrade code that he can apply to the Trion website, at the very least probably offer a refund.

Last I heard is Steam DOES not offer refunds but maybe they will for something like this.

Just always go by this rule on steam: If you didn't buy the game directly off of steam don't buy the upgrade there.

Senel
04-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Last I heard is Steam DOES not offer refunds but maybe they will for something like this.

Just always go by this rule on steam: If you didn't buy the game directly off of steam don't buy the upgrade there.

Hmm? Supposedly another user on here got a refund from Steam & then purchased the game from GmG when i posted about the savings. I can't speak from a personal experience though just what i was told.

nu1mlock
04-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Don't count on getting any help. You'll probably get a reply with instructions on how to take screenshots on PC and Mac. Then you'll have to reply to that message explaining it all over again.

Then, if you're lucky, you'll get a response saying they can't help you and you should be more careful when purchasing. Gotta love Steam support.

You're supposed to be able to get a refund on a pre-order but seeing it can take weeks to get an answer from Steam support, they most probably won't respond before tomorrow (and even if they could, they would probably just wait it out and then tell you it's too late).

Your best bet is to sell the gift to someone for less money than what was paid, then buy the upgrade from Trion.

Yeah - I've only had bad experiences with Steam support...

Laughter
04-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Hmm? Supposedly another user on here got a refund from Steam & then purchased the game from GmG when i posted about the savings. I can't speak from a personal experience though just what i was told.

That could be totally true. It may be on some of their games.. I really am not sure. I hope the OP gets a refund though then buys it directly from Trion.

JohnMcClane
04-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Steam does normal do no refunds but if iam correct they do refund pre orders !!

Copy paste.
Steam Refund Policy

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client. Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.
Steam Subscriber Agreement
Steam Subscriber Agreement
An exception is made for games purchased during a pre-order period if the request is received prior to the games' release date.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-wejc-2625#refund

Just be aware they are not know for swiftness ...