PDA

View Full Version : Who Likes the Raptor? Who Doesn't?

SSlarg
08-24-2013, 06:43 AM
I couldn't wait to try it out and as soon as I began
driving a dark matter arkfall showed up.
the Raptor is So Slow the arkfall was nearly done by the time
I got there! I'd swear it's slower then the V6 truck.

they need to speed it up a tiny bit (please lol)
and someday add the turret (or let us Shoot OUR guns from it)
oh it's a bit fragile too, even with the faster recharge times now.

drackiller
08-24-2013, 06:45 AM
I couldn't wait to try it out and as soon as I began
driving a dark matter arkfall showed up.
the Raptor is So Slow the arkfall was nearly done by the time
I got there! I'd swear it's slower then the V6 truck.

they need to speed it up a tiny bit (please lol)
and someday add the turret (or let us Shoot OUR guns from it)
oh it's a bit fragile too, even with the faster recharge times now.
It`s slower then the Nomad yes, and also a bit twitchy driving.

Flank
08-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Painful driving that clunker. Felt like someone sold me a lemon when I took it for a ride.

Dacarian
08-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Honestly i like the look of it, looks very mad max-ian but dat speed yikes... also side note i like jumpin in the "Turret" and making Pew pew noises.... cuz theres crosshairs there...

Flank
08-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Honestly i like the look of it, looks very mad max-ian but dat speed yikes... also side note i like jumpin in the "Turret" and making Pew pew noises.... cuz theres crosshairs there...

"Bang bang bang"

Sanguinesun
08-24-2013, 07:05 AM
You can do donuts around the raptor, when it is going full speed, in a diaper truck. True story. :P

StormRaging
08-24-2013, 07:06 AM
I was a bit surprised that it has less hit points than the Duni or the Dodge yet it drives like it should be a tank. If they are gonna keep it slow it needs to be beefed up strength wise. If they don't wanna beef it up then they need to make it behave more like a baja truck. That is what I expected from looking at it. Needs a bit better acceleration also.

melkathi
08-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Yes, very disappointing. It is as if it was ballanced around the turret but without having a turre to excuse its otherwise uselessness.

Flank
08-24-2013, 07:11 AM
I was a bit surprised that it has less hit points than the Duni or the Dodge yet it drives like it should be a tank. If they are gonna keep it slow it needs to be beefed up strength wise. If they don't wanna beef it up then they need to make it behave more like a baja truck. That is what I expected from looking at it. Needs a bit better acceleration also.

The suspension is atrocious. That thing bottoms out from the tiniest jump. If you can get enough speed to get up a hill to launch it, you'll see.

BarrySciFi
08-24-2013, 07:26 AM
God I can't stand the Raptor. Went right back to my Billet Metallic Dodge Challenger

WhiteF8ng
08-24-2013, 07:46 AM
It needs more beef. One thing I do like is that shtako doesn't come popping in outta nowhere when I go flying (yeah right, ain't nobody flying NOWHERE in a Raptor) into a new area in the thing. And I get to laugh at myself for getting in the passenger seat wondering why this thing won't move...

mandodo69
08-24-2013, 07:55 AM
I just bought the pack today and the Rapter sux. I mean it is so slow I run faster than it drives LMAO

Ed_Hazard
08-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Looks like a champ, handles like a whinnibago with 4 flat tires. No power, cornering? more like swing wide and hope you make it.

Seriously newer stuff is supposed to be superior to current options, especially if you have to pay for it. I understand the original draw point would have been the turret, but since that did not happen. How about they give it the speed and handleing of a Duni and the brunt of the Nomad now that would be worth the bit price. You'd see the Raptor all over the place and more people would buy it.

This is by far the worst concept to execution since the Pontiac Aztek. and where is Pontiac now?

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2009/12/17/15/00/gmc_envoy_xuv-pic-6165743630536571620.jpeg

SSlarg
08-24-2013, 08:53 AM
I agree with ALL of you. the thing has the oldest shock absorbers
can't climb over a pebble lol
and just happens to be slower then any other vehicle.
I figure driving around with a full vehicle of friends might be fun
as long as the destination is fairly close (or the volge will pop the raptor like a zit lol)

SGTquig
08-24-2013, 12:00 PM
I could live with it IF it had a weapon in the turret mount or if it could take more damage than the other vehicles. But, it doesn't. So, it's back to using a buggy to level up my roller.

SGTquig
08-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Looks like a champ, handles like a whinnibago with 4 flat tires. No power, cornering? more like swing wide and hope you make it.

Seriously newer stuff is supposed to be superior to current options, especially if you have to pay for it. I understand the original draw point would have been the turret, but since that did not happen. How about they give it the speed and handleing of a Duni and the brunt of the Nomad now that would be worth the bit price. You'd see the Raptor all over the place and more people would buy it.

This is by far the worst concept to execution since the Pontiac Aztek. and where is Pontiac now?

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2009/12/17/15/00/gmc_envoy_xuv-pic-6165743630536571620.jpeg

I hope that isn't a purchase of yours! You gotta post the picture withe tent attatched to the rear of the vehicle like in the commercial. LoL!

InfamousBrad
08-24-2013, 12:08 PM
The Raptor does exactly one thing, and one thing only:

It moves four people at a time, so that if one of them misses a turn, or gets stuck on terrain, or crashes into a rock, all four of them miss the same turn or get stuck on the same terrain or run into the same rock. This guarantees that they all show up at the same place at the same time.*

This is also not something that you generally need, or want, to do. But if you do want to do that, or need to do that, for some crazy reason, the Raptor is the best vehicle for the job. For literally every other job there is a better vehicle: the Nomad has more hit points, the Duni climbs better, every vehicle in the game drives faster and corners better.

* Footnote: I have heard a rumor that there is one other trick you can do with a Raptor that you can't do with any other vehicle. Supposedly, if all four people in the car have 3 levels in Hell on Wheels and have it slotted, the combined bonus is enough that a Raptor can actually run over Matriarchs and even some Volge. I have not seen the job done, though, so as far as I know this is only a rumor.

Krauser
08-24-2013, 12:15 PM
It`s slower then the Nomad yes, and also a bit twitchy driving.

The Nomad is kind of a tank though, and it's not that much slower than the other rollers. I usually drive it in SF since it can take more damage than anything else.

MAMGRIZZLY
08-24-2013, 02:35 PM
As soon as I got my Raptor I jumped in and headed off to find the arenas. Are you kidding me??? It was so slow, it was painful. Slower than my Nomad and it can't take a hit. I was crawling along and hit an "invisible" Volge, the only thing left was me and THE WEAPON THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MOUNTED IN THE TURRET (really...It was just laying there on the ground). So that's where it went? It's still there it's just invisible. So let's keep making the sound fx, get them in our crosshairs, shoot invisible bullets from the invisible weapon and maybe they'll play a long and fall down, or die of laughter.
Yesterday, someone else also suggested getting 3 people and all using Hell on Wheels, to beef it up. I don't have 3 friends that are interested in getting together for a crawl, unless it's a Pub Crawl. Unfortunately, this was a good concept but they took out the part that made it work. Driving around in something as slow and maneuverable as a tank without the armor just makes you a sitting duck.

derby0187
08-24-2013, 03:52 PM
its a brick on wheels with a little hamster wheel for a motor

red_sundown
08-24-2013, 04:16 PM
a total p.o.s if i bought this in real life i would go bak to the lot and punch the stupid mutherf*cker who sold me this right in the f*ckin junk