PDA

View Full Version : the defiance marketing/advertising team need to be sacked

KillAlot V2
04-01-2013, 11:14 AM
is it just me thats noticed just how poorly this game has been advertised hardly anyone has heard of it and those that have its pretty much been through word of mouth from people they no
its kind of a shame i see the same thing happening that happend with borderlands where it comes out on release and no one knows it exists till months later everyone relises its a great game and picks it up
i say sack the people behind the marketing as a child could do a better job none of my friends even new what it was till i told them its a shame because its such a good game this game would have probably sold double the copys if trion had better advertising
what are your guys thoughts??? i just hope it still does well

TRION in the future get diffrent people to market your games who ever is in charge of marketing just now is an absolute joke and they have majorly failed.. i just hope that because of the avertising fail the game still does well

II Birchy II
04-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Maybe they were thinking of costs but even being in the UK, I've seen quite a few commercials regarding both the game and the show.

Fiancee
04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Its important to realize they're new company and also they publish their own game.. imagine what Activion, EA or Take Two would do to this.. good thing is though good publishers tend to take 20-40% cut of the product, so more money for Trion.

Btw, guys, just chill, reviews aint even out yet.

karlosthemarra
I've seen a good few adverts for it on tele, and a bit about it online and advertising banners on other websites, I wouldn't go as far as saying a child could do better and the team need sacked.

You need to be sacked

Last Outlaw04
I've seen a ton of commericals for the show and the game and even marketing in the store atleast GS stores Hell in GS pn there TV they have two different commericals promoting the game.

karlosthemarra
04-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Also you say borderlands was dead for the first few month and then it starts to sell and there was no marketing for that? You my son are talking out of your arse!

FantasyMeister
04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm told ITV had a Defiance game advert during the football today, so looks like they've left it late, but it's starting. Also, Videogamer.com (European games portal) now has Defiance Banners and a big spash on the homepage.

So to all intents and purposes the game has now appeared out of nowhere for the uninformed (in Europe at any rate, USA seems to have had a lot more marketing), which is usually a warning to gamers to steer well clear. Happy to say that in this case it's worth a buy going from beta experience, it's just a case of us getting the word out to everyone else ourselves.

KillAlot V2
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Also you say borderlands was dead for the first few month and then it starts to sell and there was no marketing for that? You my son are talking out of your arse!

hmmm you obv dont have a clue then i never said it was dead im clearly saying that borderlands 1 wasnt very well advertised and the fact that mw2 was out at the time aswell most people never noticed it till a few months later

KillAlot V2
04-01-2013, 11:34 AM
its just a bit of a shame that theyve only started to let people no it exists like days before release and it would have been much more smart on trions part to get the game out there months ago as they would have sold much more copys ive had friends who keep upto date with game releases not no what it is and when i tell them and they watch a video about it are like wow how did i miss this ive never heard of this game before now that alone should be a lesson for trion in the future get your games advertised earlyer specialy when there amaizing games like defiance

CharmCitysKing
04-01-2013, 11:39 AM
ITS SIMPLE! videogames companys like Activision dump 1,000s! into commercials and there servers SUCK, there game SUCKS. The only reason why so many people play Black Ops 2 is because they advertise the hell of it with FPS Russia, Dwight Howard, Robert Downey Jr, I mean every Celebrity u can name pretty much has been on a COD Commercial. They have there SPIKE tv Midnight Releases and stuff on TV....But you dont see them updating there servers and communicating with there community like they do here or did during BETA do you? NO because they are all about MONEY and NOT the community...TRION, on the other hand, seems more involved with there game and community....They know once the game gets out its going to spread like a virus.

karlosthemarra
04-01-2013, 11:47 AM
hmmm you obv dont have a clue then i never said it was dead im clearly saying that borderlands 1 wasnt very well advertised and the fact that mw2 was out at the time aswell most people never noticed it till a few months later

On the contrary killagoat it's you that dosnt have a clue! Sprouting absolute rubbish with no facts to back it up,only "facts" you have conjured up are from your POV and what you believe to be true! I see this happening ALOT on this forum I don't know if its people who think their knowledge is superior or people trying to have a dig (marketing team need sacked HAHAHA) or just folk who have nothing better to do and have to grow their E-Peen hoping someone believes their garbage knowledge.

Just because you may have not seen too many adverts dosnt mean the the rest of the world hasn't.

Sorry I've had a bad day, my sons been a bad little get today and it seems to be reflecting in my posts =] your still wrong though

IIFatalshockII
04-01-2013, 11:52 AM
As I said before, the games that earn sales through word of mouth are usually better than the games that spend millions on promotions. Besides, I saw a Defiance game ad during the FA Cup replay earlier this afternoon.

Dr D Wayne Love
04-01-2013, 11:57 AM
I found a picture of the marketing team

http://www.moillusions.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/face-in-beans.jpg

Mike6976
04-01-2013, 11:57 AM
ITS SIMPLE! videogames companys like Activision dump 1,000s! into commercials and there servers SUCK, there game SUCKS. The only reason why so many people play Black Ops 2 is because they advertise the hell of it with FPS Russia, Dwight Howard, Robert Downey Jr, I mean every Celebrity u can name pretty much has been on a COD Commercial. They have there SPIKE tv Midnight Releases and stuff on TV....But you dont see them updating there servers and communicating with there community like they do here or did during BETA do you? NO because they are all about MONEY and NOT the community...TRION, on the other hand, seems more involved with there game and community....They know once the game gets out its going to spread like a virus.

here here well said CharmCitysKing