PDA

View Full Version : why we arnt gettin past lvl 10 in sieges

dude26212
08-24-2013, 11:03 AM
i blame the viscera and how people go about killin them. what ive knowticed is when they come around there are still people in small groups. what everyone needs to do is cluster up into a horde when they arrive and just slaughter them in a giant purple dot wave across the battlefield, if you see someone alot of people shooting one dont find your own to fire at. i think if everyone does this we can make those last two waves go by like there nothing

Krauser
08-24-2013, 11:07 AM
People need to stay in groups at the capture points. Everyone is attacking the Volge at one spot, wipes them out, stands there for a second and realizes there's more Volge on the other side of the siege then swarms over there. If there were 6 or 8 people at a point who stayed in that general area it would go faster imo.

Arsenic_Touch
08-24-2013, 11:09 AM
CORE has gotten up to 14, almost 15. Like 10 seconds away from 15 actually. You need to focus fire and kill the troopers first. The order is trooper, bomber, then viscera. The viscera take the longest and while you waste time hitting them, the troopers will cap points and bombers will make you pretty pretty splatter across the ground.

Upgrade turrets to the max. They help. Radiation from them make the volge weaker.
Hug the capture points and do not go running towards every red dot, let them come to you.

Indra Echo
08-24-2013, 11:11 AM
i blame the viscera and how people go about killin them. what ive knowticed is when they come around there are still people in small groups. what everyone needs to do is cluster up into a horde when they arrive and just slaughter them in a giant purple dot wave across the battlefield, if you see someone alot of people shooting one dont find your own to fire at. i think if everyone does this we can make those last two waves go by like there nothing

I did one siege yesterday at Kinship Plaza and we got to 12. Lots of people though and a haphazard non-strategy it seems. You'd see red on the mini-map and a mob of purple running to the biggest mob of red. Not certain that was a strategy, but well says it can be done. It's like the Afflicted sieges and those had a really tough component as far as capturing the points (you had to shoot the goo off of them). And people got to as high as something like 23, I think. Here, the real problem is most people are concentrating on running at the red dots and seem to miss out on capturing the points and keeping them.

Arsenic_Touch
08-24-2013, 11:12 AM
And people got to as high as something like 23, I think. Here, the real problem is most people are concentrating on running at the red dots and seem to miss out on capturing the points and keeping them.

24, bordering on 25 due to the glitch spot in the one corner where mobs spawned one at a time.

Indra Echo
08-24-2013, 11:12 AM
CORE has gotten up to 14, almost 15. Like 10 seconds away from 15 actually. You need to focus fire and kill the troopers first. The order is trooper, bomber, then viscera. The viscera take the longest and while you waste time hitting them, the troopers will cap points and bombers will make you pretty pretty splatter across the ground.

Upgrade turrets to the max. They help. Radiation from them make the volge weaker.
Hug the capture points and do not go running towards every red dot, let them come to you.

Yeah, what he said. Biggest issue I see is not keeping near the capture points. I've been at far too many by myself so I score low even though I have this wonderful multiplier going on.

alienstookmybeer
08-24-2013, 11:24 AM
If everyone fully upgraded 1 turret, they should go a lot smoother. But some people would rather save the salvage (probably more so if they don't make it to the siege until later waves and have little chance to score in the top tiers anyway) and then there's the turrets at cap point B & C that don't become available until later and often overlooked in the flurry of activity.

And agree that too many people abandoning a cap point often ends up wasting a lot of time.

3rdpig
08-24-2013, 11:38 AM
These things are all about tactics. But how do you get tactical with 20-50 random people? Answer is, you don't. You either go in as part of a group who's working as a team or you take what the PUG throws at you.

Personally the hardest thing I find about the sieges is the graphic effects blinds me and makes it nearly impossible to find and quickly eliminate enemies. Between the Volge cold fire shots, the ground pounder and mass effect cannon fire, the healing streams, the infector bugs, I find it rather challenging to get consistent critical hits. I really wish Trion would tone down the graphic effects.

Personally I think it would be easier and faster if everyone just used guns like an LMG, AR or SMG, but that's the whole PUG thing again. I've been #1 in the last 3 sieges I've been in, so I guess I won't complain too loudly.

DarknessEyes PT
08-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Everyone seems to use rocket launcher and detonators at sieges and everyone runs between capture points.
Thats why you dont get past lvl 10. lol

Spiltmilk
08-24-2013, 12:11 PM
These things are all about tactics. But how do you get tactical with 20-50 random people? Answer is, you don't. You either go in as part of a group who's working as a team or you take what the PUG throws at you.

Personally the hardest thing I find about the sieges is the graphic effects blinds me and makes it nearly impossible to find and quickly eliminate enemies. Between the Volge cold fire shots, the ground pounder and mass effect cannon fire, the healing streams, the infector bugs, I find it rather challenging to get consistent critical hits. I really wish Trion would tone down the graphic effects.

Personally I think it would be easier and faster if everyone just used guns like an LMG, AR or SMG, but that's the whole PUG thing again. I've been #1 in the last 3 sieges I've been in, so I guess I won't complain too loudly.

Yeah definitely LMG, AR or SMG. I tried using one of my shotties as a secondary and didn't make the cut. It wasn't just the low damage but the range issue and I was there since the beginning too. I used LMG-Thunder as my primary, so that was my saving grace. I should definitely try ground pounder, didn't think of trying that one. Seems to work great for Volge emergencies, especially a Tach mag which cuts their head like butter.

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/776/gg9k.png

I been pugging mostly and have yet to get past 10 because it seems to be up when I'm not on haha. Then when I am on and finally make it to Tier 10, the server decides to kick me off or in a few cases at places like North Point, the Volge just stopped appearing with the timer still running. Just a string of bad luck lately. Not sure if they fixed the North Point location for Volge sieges, I been heading to the Quarry or San Fran instead.

Another thing to look at is that scrip reward. I was thinking why don't they increase it to 2k instead of 700. I figure the sieges don't happen often and with Mods at 10k, it would seem less of a grind.

nikra
08-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Got passed 10 earlier today, halfwayish through 11 when it ended. Would have had it last night too if we had literally a 2-3 extra seconds, both were at the quarry. Just got that damned "every siege" thing to get fixed and im all done.

nitroz76
08-24-2013, 01:19 PM

How can I apply for CORE on the PC?

lastkatstanding
08-24-2013, 01:33 PM
I was in a siege the other day that got to 12, and then it just ended after that even though we still had like a minute left. Honestly the volge are easy now it seems like, I use a purple pulser that is decked out in full quartermaster mods and that one volge light machine gun. I never run out of ammo, and honestly it takes about a mag and a half to kill a volge by myself now. What is best is just to sit at their spawn points and kill the ones that show up then run around and clean up after that.

Kadera
08-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Everyone seems to use rocket launcher and detonators at sieges and everyone runs between capture points.
Thats why you dont get past lvl 10. lol

That, and too many people are using BMGs instead of shooting at the Volge.

KEYMASTA
08-24-2013, 01:40 PM
I run dual syphon ar's
I stay at one flag
I pay attention to where my ammo box is
I always get a top reward if I make it the with 12 minutes left
I've never finished round 10

Arsenic_Touch
08-24-2013, 01:51 PM
How can I apply for CORE on the PC?

Sign up on www.corelegion.com - post an app in the defiance recruitment section, then hop on our teamspeak and an officer will get to you. Mic isn't required but we do use it for clan events.

dude26212
08-24-2013, 03:33 PM
well maybe its cause im a member of the inferior ps3 race. all the sieges go smootly, we dont lose any of the points (except the two ive done in san fran) and people aren't dropping left and right its just once those elite viscera pop out around stage 8 and 9 the whole thing seems to grind down to a hault. ive gotten to stage 10 a few times just never past it. im not always sayin cluster up and move as a wave for everything just for those instances when there is about 6 or more viscera left. doubt they would take long with 50 people all fireing at a single target in optimal range

Arran
08-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Have only been in 2 that didnt make it past wave 10. Xbox eu. Heavy carbine & wolfhound/big boomer with the right perks prety much gurantees u 1st place if ur there from the start. And thats not using any turrets. Still waiting get past wave 12 tho :/

ten4
08-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Mostly because there is multiple sieges and the populace gets split up. If most players all went to the same siege...I bet my hat that we could get farther than wave 10. This is why I think CORE got that far is because they brought everyone to a single siege; zerg plus mostly ego 5ks with god weapons ftw.

Iceberg
08-24-2013, 06:03 PM
same, get to stage 10 with less than a minute left. Sooner or later I will join the right siege and get past stage 10.

Phantom_x_Raven
08-24-2013, 07:00 PM
If anyone needs help getting this persuit we would be happy to help just ask we still hold the record of highest wave achieved posted on the main page

Arsenic_Touch
08-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Mostly because there is multiple sieges and the populace gets split up. If most players all went to the same siege...I bet my hat that we could get farther than wave 10. This is why I think CORE got that far is because they brought everyone to a single siege; zerg plus mostly ego 5ks with god weapons ftw.

Nope. 35-40 people actually communicating with each other, ranging from 1k ego up to 5k ego, with every day weapons. Where as in a typical pug siege you'll see anywhere from 40 to 100 purple dots on the screen. We had the plague sieges down to a science and we've pretty much done the same with the volge sieges, the only thing we have left to do is get higher than 14 and to get more of our clan getting 20k or higher scores.

thejx4
08-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Stay as far away from each other as possible. Why don't people understand this? I was at a cap point by myself MOWING down enemies and I fully upgraded all 3 turrets so I was doing fine. 2 syphon weapons and perks based on around defense and health. 10 people run over and make things way harder for me. It should be obvious at this point that more people equals more difficult enemies. With 1 or 2 players, a group of troopers can be taken out in under 30 seconds with well placed headshots from a sniper and a little focused fire.