PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please

Denzinger
08-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Weird question, but is there a way to zoom out while playing? I cannot find a command to do this. I get a headache after 5mins because my character is way too close on the screen. Maybe I played WoW too long bacause my old eyes are used to a long distance to my character while playing. Any help is appreciated.

Warl0ck
08-24-2013, 12:51 PM
The camera being fixed is one of the irritants of this game imo. I prefer a view from a bit farther back also but it's just not available. I've never found it after about 500 hrs of game play. If I'm wrong someone let us both know how.

Spiltmilk
08-24-2013, 01:31 PM
No, you guys came to the same conclusion as I did. I couldn't find anything that would increase the Field of View (FOV) or change viewing distance as I prefer a view a bit farther back as well. Too bad we can't lean either. Ever since they introduced Volge I been only able to take cover on one side or a tree or structure since we can't lean, but oh well hehe.

Trik
08-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Weird question, but is there a way to zoom out while playing? I cannot find a command to do this. I get a headache after 5mins because my character is way too close on the screen. Maybe I played WoW too long bacause my old eyes are used to a long distance to my character while playing. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah this is FOV sickness and the only real solution is if they add a FOV slider to the game, which it honestly should have. It has the same issue as Mass Effect did, character way to close to the camera. It's not a huge issue for me but it is for some people obviously and it would be nice if options existed.

Calysia
08-24-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm used to playing with my character close to the camera...not quite as close as Defiance makes you...but I can see where it would be an issue for others. It would be nice to zoom out when needed though.

Nury
08-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Imo the players that have a problem with the camera are too few to make a change,i love the way camera is and there are not many 3rd person shooters that let you change the camera.
FOV is a real problem in 1st person shooters but in 3rd person i think that could be optional.
I don't say that if i like the way it is it should not have an FOV slider but i think is not a real problem.

VicousBlood
08-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately you can only resize the HUD data right now

Celke
08-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Even I used Carbonite addon in WoW that allowed me to zoom insale much further so that my character looked like a little ant, but I have no problems with the view here, this is not an MMORPG but an MMOTPS, I've played quite some other FPS and TPS shooters and well most TPS games have this kind of view.