PDA

View Full Version : The raptor... Ummm really?

Brix
08-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Are you kidding me with this vehicle? I mean really. I can understand it being slower than most cars because of its size. That part I get but why oh why does it have garbage hp????? My shetarru is faster and somehow has more hp and does more dmg!!! If you are gonna make a big slow vehicle it should be a tank when it comes to dmg and hp. I don't understand. This boggles my mind when it comes to rationality. Common sense would say if you have a BIGGER car it should be able to take more dmg than a smaller car. I don't understand this at all. Trion you guys continue to baffle me.

Krauser
08-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Yeah I'm not sure what to make of that one. Maybe they'll get a buff soon, because right now they're pretty worthless. Now if it had a turret...

hYp
08-24-2013, 12:33 PM
turret or at least let the ppl in the seats be able to shooot there guns i mean geez

Thundah
08-24-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm still driving my rider

Olaf
08-24-2013, 02:04 PM
drive a raptor around for half hour or so, then switch back to your black challenger and you will have a newfound appreciation for the challengers lol, raptor is SOOO slow. has anyone else noticed when your a passenger sitting on the back of the raptor when the raptor does a jump the camera spins around like nuts?

vizibledog
08-24-2013, 02:10 PM
The cRaptor is poo.

derby0187
08-24-2013, 03:56 PM
i was starting to take off in my raptor but came to a dead stop because i couldnt move cause a freaking skitterling.REALY??? I SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN OVER IT!!!!

KMKETZ3189
08-24-2013, 05:18 PM
I think the raptor in whole is a joke. it looks like a giant sled with a seat where the motor would be. And whats with the turret area with no turret. this thing needs a re-evaluation.

Krauser
08-24-2013, 07:40 PM
I think the raptor in whole is a joke. it looks like a giant sled with a seat where the motor would be. And whats with the turret area with no turret. this thing needs a re-evaluation.

Yeah, that was never supposed to be a turret LOL. Good one Trion.

brycemorr84
08-25-2013, 01:01 PM

Thats what I dont get is why they show off the raptor at E3 with a turret then only two weeks later tell up there will be no turret. Hopefully Someone can clarify why the change was made.

Black_Adder_
08-26-2013, 02:09 AM
Well I use Raptor a lot - I spawn it on some building's roof and then my character just sit in the backseat while I'm afk. When I have to drive somewhere I use quadracycle thing because that simply is much more awesome than any other vehicle in Defiance.

AmnesiaHaze
08-26-2013, 03:54 AM
i want a dodge viper

RegularX
08-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Well I use Raptor a lot - I spawn it on some building's roof and then my character just sit in the backseat while I'm afk. When I have to drive somewhere I use quadracycle thing because that simply is much more awesome than any other vehicle in Defiance.

So you're saying the best use of a Raptor is to park in it?

ryu5010
08-26-2013, 11:00 AM
So you're saying the best use of a Raptor is to park in it?

Yes, it's faster while in park.

Thomas1975
08-26-2013, 11:17 AM

Funny that it also has cross Hairs when standing there....

Wildthrust
08-26-2013, 11:24 AM
I think he is doing what I have done sometimes. When you out in the wild and it seems like there are no mobs around, sometimes they will spawn while you're afk. So if you sit in a high shield vehicle, you have far longer to get back before you dead. I also agree the raptor is a bust. It's definitely slower and less nimble. It's main purpose is apparently just to carry 4 people (a full group) because of course we always put together groups to go around the main map (seeing as we can't use our vehicles in instances). Not. I guess they would be good for active clans that actually put together things.