PDA

View Full Version : Never pre ordering online again.

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I've had my UE preorder online with overnight shipping down since February 3rd. After not receiving an email notification I got suspicious and decided to look on gamestop.com and to my dreaded surprise, "out of stock".
So let me get this straight, if I preorder through the store I am guaranteed to get my copy? But because I did it online I'm not? Now my writing might be atrocious, sorry guys, but I thought at least I knew how a reservation worked. If something is reserved for you before it is distributed it means you are guaranteed a copy, right? I mean it's not like 50 of us reserved a copy out of a supply of 25. So now I gotta buy another copy on launch just to play. Thank god I have a great job and am not hurting for money or I would be pissed.
Now I'll chalk this one up to gamestop ****ing up. But Trion this game hasn't seen that much hype and you can't deliver enough product in this day and age for shame.

duction
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
we have had the same problem in the UK the UE is only available via amazon and they have email'd us all saying you wont get it till the 12th!!! like you i had to order from another source and buy a bog standard edition or the likes of.

i know how you feel and i too feel disapointed.

gryste
04-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Trion have nothing to do with shipping . In the uk it's namco bandi fault .

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-01-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm personally blaming gamestop. But no matter who's at fault it shouldn't happen In today's market. I could understand the launch of halo:combat evolved 12 years ago or, dare I say it, modern warfare 6 years ago . Tomorrow I will turn in my power up card and be done with them. Lol.

KillAlot V2
04-01-2013, 11:45 AM
I've had my UE preorder online with overnight shipping down since February 3rd. After not receiving an email notification I got suspicious and decided to look on gamestop.com and to my dreaded surprise, "out of stock".
So let me get this straight, if I preorder through the store I am guaranteed to get my copy? But because I did it online I'm not? Now my writing might be atrocious, sorry guys, but I thought at least I knew how a reservation worked. If something is reserved for you before it is distributed it means you are guaranteed a copy, right? I mean it's not like 50 of us reserved a copy out of a supply of 25. So now I gotta buy another copy on launch just to play. Thank god I have a great job and am not hurting for money or I would be pissed.
Now I'll chalk this one up to gamestop ****ing up. But Trion this game hasn't seen that much hype and you can't deliver enough product in this day and age for shame.

unlucky dude i hope you manage to get a ue and dont need to buy the normal one like ive had to do so yeah good luck m8 that sucks i had same issue i hope all turns out well you never no you might get it cheaper and save some $$$$s

TheChosenFall
04-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Im alittle concerned bout my copy, i ordered the collector's edition in my local GAME store but now online says that the collector's doesnt even exist :/ im hoping it will be ok but i have my doubts, more so now.

Merkery N16
04-01-2013, 11:57 AM
that is bad mate i mean imagine booking a flight to go on vacation 5 months in advance you show up packed and ready to go and they say sorry the flights full but we can get you on a flight in 3 weeks lol

its not trions fault its the distributors but cause like you said there is no hype surrounding this game except for the people who have followed it stores aint breaking there backs to meet orders

MajorMischief
04-01-2013, 11:59 AM
It says out of stock, but you may still get yours. All that means is they aren't accepting new orders. Did you check your order number? I'm luckily getting mine for sure, but a week late, so ill be purchasing a standard copy as well I think.

soadman
04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Typical. Hope the game comes!

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
I'll wait till later tonight, but it haven't received any type of confirmation on my order being processed.

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
I appreciate all the support guys. This community seems pretty nice and supportive, not like most shooter communities I'm used to. I know you guys are definitely sick of seeing the same posts over and over again.

Connor7312
04-01-2013, 01:34 PM
This has happened to me as well with Skyrim. Online isnt usually the best way to go because copies reserved in person are put into GameStops computer at that specific store. Online will send the reserve to many stores in your region but arent as full proof because people will line up at the store in person to get copies they pre ordered and they will most likely run out, especially with a game that doesnt receive much hype

LethalE
04-01-2013, 01:43 PM
alright, just because it says out of stock does not mean you're not getting your game, it just means no one else can place an order for the UE. now if your order was cancelled you have every right to be mad.

R3N3GADESN1P3R
04-02-2013, 02:09 AM
I understand the out of stock notification means no new orders but it's usually at that point in time that I get some type of notification on my order. I've ordered a collector's edition before. This why I went through my emails. I can see where at the beginning of my post I can look like an over anxious dumbass but I still haven't heard anything after contacting gamestop.