PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Boost Weekend - but only for the PS3? Seriously?

Albion
08-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Of course, us Xbox 360 players have had smooth sailing this week. The DLC we paid for was right there on time, and we all were able to play it non stop with no disconnects or lag.

Yeah, right. Thanks for another great decision Trion. Time for me to support another game.

3rdpig
08-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Good grief, let the PS3 people have their day. They seem to be the low man on the totem pole, always getting everything late and having the most problems. If Trion wants to toss them a bone it's fine by me. Some people here remind me of my two stepsons when they were little kids, you couldn't get one of them a gift without getting something for the other one too or he'd throw a tantrum.

eridian
08-24-2013, 05:49 PM
4 days of servers crashing and no dlc and all we get is 2 days of boosts. and its not even a boost on everything. oh did i mention the servers are STILL not working right? get kicked every hour still. yeah, thanks for the boosts trion " sarcasm "

A s0t
08-24-2013, 05:54 PM
4 days of servers crashing and no dlc and all we get is 2 days of boosts. and its not even a boost on everything. oh did i mention the servers are STILL not working right? get kicked every hour still. yeah, thanks for the boosts trion " sarcasm "you have been hear since april you should know how backwater trion is

Albion
08-24-2013, 06:19 PM
I understand PS3 is the low man, and has a very small player base. But the Xbox launch this week was just as bad...people paid for something that they did not get, and if they did get it, it was unplayable much of the time due to lag and constant disconnects. Makes no sense to not acknowledge that.

ItISLupus
08-24-2013, 06:21 PM
They had issues getting the paid content to them. Yes, they got compensated for it. Deal with it

Phantom_x_Raven
08-24-2013, 06:36 PM
I understand PS3 is the low man, and has a very small player base. But the Xbox launch this week was just as bad...people paid for something that they did not get, and if they did get it, it was unplayable much of the time due to lag and constant disconnects. Makes no sense to not acknowledge that.

Lol can't be to low since most of trions sales are from the ps3 and lets not forget the fact that ps3 still has almost 3x the sales revenue of Xbox Beacuse who likes to have to pay to use thier own Internet to play online when they allready paying an Internet bill and don't feed that paying for the server bs Xbox has more hackers cheaters and modders on it then PSN yah it got hacked (ONCE) but at least ya don't have to continually deal with jtaged moding bs hacking cheating no skilled players online on a daily basis isn't that what your supposed to be paying for not to deal with other then that I thought Xbox was kinda ok till I got a ps3 and switched

dahanese
08-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey guys -

This was, indeed, because of the very rocky road we had with NA PS3 this week. We are, as always, looking at all platforms and players to make you guys have the best experience possible. NA PS3 definitely dealt with some stuff this week and this is how we can say thanks for folks' patience.

Pyth
08-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Hey guys -

This was, indeed, because of the very rocky road we had with NA PS3 this week. We are, as always, looking at all platforms and players to make you guys have the best experience possible. NA PS3 definitely dealt with some stuff this week and this is how we can say thanks for folks' patience.
Well yeah, but it ain't all peaches and cream on Xbox right now. The Arenas are incredibly laggy and the new Arkfalls are causing crashes. Not to mention the number of people who had trouble claiming their DLC as well.

Why are the players over on the Playstation getting preferential treatment because of the development team's mistakes?

Dark Raven80
08-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Hey guys -

I've had issues since launch, where is my bonus? All I will get is the same song and dance...

A s0t
08-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Hey guys -

i couldn't get more than 20 m from spawn and i would lag out. had to restart the xbox

SydSynister
08-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Hey guys -

I'm honestly pretty disappointed by this decision. I don't care about the boost itself, but seeing it pop up would have been a really nice gesture on Trion's part.
I understand the massive fail with the PS3, but xBox wasn't without it's own set of troubles (the game was pretty much unplayable because of server issues off and on Tuesday and Wednesday, which caused me wasted bits on a boost I couldn't use).

Why does one console get preferred treatment when a LOT of your player base, no matter what they play on, has been very patient with you?

Krauser
08-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Well yeah, but it ain't all peaches and cream on Xbox right now. The Arenas are incredibly laggy and the new Arkfalls are causing crashes. Not to mention the number of people who had trouble claiming their DLC as well.

The same thing happened (and is still happening) on PS3, it just happened 3 days after it did for everyone else.

Inferno78
08-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Seriously, everyone is gonna complain about this? I had issues as well, but the boosts are more deserved by the PS NA players. They endured the server being down more and NO access to the DLC content at all. Atleast on Xbox we had the content (for the most part). Main issue was lag and DLC items not showing up. Hell, I'm just happy that most of the issues are gone. Granted I'll lag out if I've been on for more than an hour, but that's nothing a game restart won't fix. Instead of complaining, be happy for them. Christ, the community team is trying to be transparent and sharing info, but they get flamed for it. if I were them, I wouldn't bother saying anything on the forums and just post a message in game for the players that are getting the boosts

Sanguinesun
08-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Hey guys -

And it would've hurt ya'll so strongly to not have extended it to all platforms/regions who had experienced also other issues to varying degrees?

From a "let's try to help the tense situation" stand point, Im trying hard to understand this decision. :rolleyes: I mean to me even giving such a bonus is thin placation really, even were it to have been for all platforms etc.

Sort of like giving 20% off coupons to customers to a restaurant they just were hospitalized for food poisoning from. :rolleyes:

Pyth
08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
They should be having boost going constantly on all the platforms as an incentive to play during these "growing pains". Then when the game is in working condition and stable, they can remove them.

Because this isn't just a patch issue or a dlc issue, this is an every day issue for people who play Defiance.

A s0t
08-24-2013, 06:58 PM
They should be having boost going constantly on all the platforms as an incentive to play during these "growing pains". Then when the game is working condition and stable, they can remove them.

Because this isn't just a patch issue or a dlc issue, this is an every day issue for people who play Defiance.
right. i just got a tier 3 lock box got an orange out of it (no weapons for a pop up either ) got to a small arkfall lagged out and then a hard freeze and the growing pains should have been over 3 months ago

at least it not day 1 lag. you get the enemy health bar to zero and they still live and only melee hurts them

Calysia
08-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Hey guys -

However, there were problems across ALL platforms. Playing on a PC here and I just got access to the DLC content I paid for.

While I certainly sympathize with the Playstation folks I think it's another blunder on Trion's part to only be giving bonuses of any sort to just one platform.

Albion
08-24-2013, 07:01 PM
I appreciate the response dahanese, and I like the job you have been doing. But this was an odd business decision on Trions part, given the fact that it would cost nothing to extend the boosts to both consoles. You have to admit the Xbox launch of the DLC was pretty bad as well, and we are still dealing with lag and disconnects. It would have been better to offer boosts to no one than to do it this way.

Calysia
08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Christ, the community team is trying to be transparent and sharing info, but they get flamed for it. if I were them, I wouldn't bother saying anything on the forums and just post a message in game for the players that are getting the boosts

I don't see anyone getting flamed...I do see people stating their disagreement and rightly so.

Arsenic_Touch
08-24-2013, 08:33 PM
So despite all three platforms having issues, because the PS3 didn't get access in a timely manner... oh wait, certain PC players didn't get access in a timely... oh didn't xbox 360 have the black screen issues? oh wait, we're having that issue on certain parts of the pc too.

Pretty much a slap in the face to all the other players. It's great to see that the PC players that didn't get their DLC items until recently or still haven't received them are being so well thought of. It's great that all the lag and disconnects affecting both the PC and the Xbox 360 are being thought of. Or the rendering issues for both platforms.

I am actually amazed that they would single out the ps3 for this and leave the pc and xbox high and dry.

Albion
08-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Thats my point. There are still people complaining they didnt get their dlc items on xbox on this page! Who would make such an awful business decision like this? If I treated my customers like this, I would be out of business. What is it about the PS3 that makes them worthy of a bonus and everyone else not?

A s0t
08-24-2013, 08:43 PM
anyone else feel like they are getting mushroom managed?

Ridiculousss
08-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Xbox may of had lag and some disconnect issues

BUT PS3 was in the dark for 3 days after DLC release with nothing, Not even stable servers that we were able to LOG ON, we hit the defiance screen and error.

Servers were down more then up, And even before DLC PS3 servers were getting random downtimes of 4 hours or more, For no reason.
If you had been on PS3 NAs side of the story, you would of seen, But even the little boost we got doesnt makeup at all for it.
I got a character redo, And it fkd my account up

deleted and re isntalled patch ( 6 and a half hours later)

still fkd up, Still critical error.
so when xbox users are *****ing about not having boosts, at least you can play the game now

PS3 players STILL cannot get on the game, to even PLAY IT.
and tons of people STILL havent received DLC items

so before you whine and complain, come walk on ourside of the console
then see how it is

Ellye Nyira
08-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Seriously, everyone is gonna complain about this? I had issues as well, but the boosts are more deserved by the PS NA players. They endured the server being down more and NO access to the DLC content at all. Atleast on Xbox we had the content (for the most part). Main issue was lag and DLC items not showing up. Hell, I'm just happy that most of the issues are gone. Granted I'll lag out if I've been on for more than an hour, but that's nothing a game restart won't fix. Instead of complaining, be happy for them. Christ, the community team is trying to be transparent and sharing info, but they get flamed for it. if I were them, I wouldn't bother saying anything on the forums and just post a message in game for the players that are getting the boosts

Ever since I came to this forum I've seen nothing but people complaining, like non-stop, I mean geez I get it things aren't so smooth etc, but when Defiance is having issues I'm able to take a break and play something else while Trion works on things. Trions never going to be able to please everyone, and PS3 users had it the worst out of the 3 platforms, Trion was just trying to be nice..

bigguy
08-24-2013, 09:08 PM
better to offer to noone ? u r a selfish child

Greezy
08-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Way to **** on xbox users! I guess it was smooth sailing for us lol. Way to go Trion. Back to gamestop i go!

Chump Norris
08-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Thank you for doing this Trion. Im not sure everyone understands this but people spent real money on boosts and were not able to log in to use them. I really hope if Xbox or PC experience this you guys do the same for them.

Calysia
08-24-2013, 10:19 PM
PS3 users had it the worst out of the 3 platforms, Trion was just trying to be nice..

Yes they did BUT they were not the only platform with problems. If the launch had gone flawlessly for PC and XBox users then having a boost weekend exclusively for PS3 users would make sense but it didn't go flawlessly for them...far from it.

I don't think any of us that are expressing our disagreement with this are unhappy that the PS3 people are getting the bonus...far from it and good for them...just that Trion should really have extended it to everyone.

Olaf
08-24-2013, 10:36 PM
PS3 NA had it the worst out of everyone, thats fact. they did not get access to DLC content until 4 days after it was released. they have had numerous unscheduled server downtimes, unable to login to the game even when it is up amongst other things. yes i would have liked to have the boosts but i am completely fine and understand why it was given exclusively to them. i guess it was trions way of saying thankyou for your patience (albeit most of the PS3 NA users i think would agree that a 2 day boost is not sufficient - a week maybe, considering some of them are still unable to play)

Bonehead
08-24-2013, 10:44 PM
This news is most unsettling.

And the television remote that I'm attempting to insert into my anus isn't helping at all.

try it longways

MacDeath
08-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Why are the XBoxers and PC gamers in here asking for boosts? XP boosts level you up faster and thus add to your costs. NONE of us should ever want XP boosts.

A s0t
08-24-2013, 10:57 PM
This news is most unsettling.

And the television remote that I'm attempting to insert into my anus isn't helping at all.

pic or it didn't happen

Arsenic_Touch
08-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Why are the XBoxers and PC gamers in here asking for boosts? XP boosts level you up faster and thus add to your costs. NONE of us should ever want XP boosts.

Ego costs were massively reduced. Adding mod slots, removing mods, retrieving mods is insanely cheap now.

Pyth
08-24-2013, 11:40 PM
pic or it didn't happen
It didn't happen, because they deleted it and warned me, haha.

Apparently discussion revolving around shoving remote controls into your orifices isn't appropriate, but ****ing your customers is.

SHADOWBROKER
08-25-2013, 01:07 AM
i need to know are they going to fix the fact that most of use that did get the dlc can not even finish a arkfall!? i do some contracts then i hit arkfalls as soon as i get close to the end of the last arkfall...LAG OUT. now i now it not my internet cause ill go play masseffect or battlefield and works great! come back to defiance oooh arkfall....LAG OUT why is it that out of 20 now arkfalls that i have dared go to i only finished 3? im dieing here! i mean i give you guys money arnt you suppose to kiss my butt.

A s0t
08-25-2013, 01:40 AM
i need to know are they going to fix the fact that most of use that did get the dlc can not even finish a arkfall!? i do some contracts then i hit arkfalls as soon as i get close to the end of the last arkfall...LAG OUT. now i now it not my internet cause ill go play masseffect or battlefield and works great! come back to defiance oooh arkfall....LAG OUT why is it that out of 20 now arkfalls that i have dared go to i only finished 3? im dieing here! i mean i give you guys money arnt you suppose to kiss my butt.nope ive been dealing with that since day 1 on xbox thats why i only tag and bail. i cant even open the menu with out logging out
tag drive away wait for finish hope i dont lag out

Zoranth
08-25-2013, 02:20 AM
Nice job Trion, go ahead and throw another gallon of Gasoline on the fire called Console/PC wars. I thought you folks said that all platforms were going to be treated equally.

omega32x
08-25-2013, 03:19 AM
I must admit its pretty crappy to hear this. I do enjoy my PC but I also love my 360 so im not really biased when it comes to games. And i can understand why PS3 got this as a sort of "were sorry things went so bad for you guys." kind of gift, but if your going to be doing these kinds of perks than everyone should be able to get in on it not just ONE type of system. Those little bonuses would boost everyones spirits a little because all the systems and PC have been having issues with the game is some shape or form since the new DLC came out. Not to mention with how poorly shallow and disappointing the DLC is for a majority of ppl for how long this small add on got pushed back.

Milar
08-25-2013, 03:25 AM
I'm curious...why does anyone care about these "boosts" anyway? seriously ? :confused:

It's not like they affect gameplay in any way shape or form?

I get so much crap loot i cant be bothered to pick it up anymore...

Money means close to nothing in this game

Xp just gives you higher egonumber so things cost more :D

So why be annoyed?

Myria
08-25-2013, 04:17 AM
I'm curious...why does anyone care about these "boosts" anyway? seriously ? :confused:

I kinda wonder the same thing, to be honest.

But presumably Trion thinks people should care, or they wouldn't both sell and give them away as a perk, and clearly, based on forums, many people do. Given that, this was a pretty boneheaded move on Trion's part, especially given the well known, if equally pointless, rivalry between Xbox, PS3, and PC players.

Honestly, when it comes to PR and communication the Defiance team has consistently been only slightly more competent than the game's coders.

iKON
08-25-2013, 04:43 AM
i'm on ps3 eu servers and there is no boost weekend so far i can see^^

dreadi
08-25-2013, 04:48 AM
I'm happy for them, at least someones getting boosts this weekend ;-) I just don't get why only one platform was worthy of this when pretty much all have had problems this past week. I see an escalation of the console wars.....lol

iKON
08-25-2013, 04:54 AM
I'm happy for them, at least someones getting boosts this weekend ;-) I just don't get why only one platform was worthy of this when pretty much all have had problems this past week. I see an escalation of the console wars.....lol

as said, i play on ps3 eu servers and there is no boost weekend...should there be one? idk, can't see it :/

dreadi
08-25-2013, 05:05 AM
as said, i play on ps3 eu servers and there is no boost weekend...should there be one? idk, can't see it :/

Dahanese already confirmed on first page of this thread. Maybe it's just NA gamers getting it...:-P

dreadi
08-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Yep, just looks like NA PS3 gamers only, sorry

*edit: here's a link http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?127654-Bonus-Boost-Weekend-NA-PS3

iKON
08-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Dahanese already confirmed on first page of this thread. Maybe it's just NA gamers getting it...:-P

must be that way...because i can confirm that there is none at the eu servers...crap^^

Albion
08-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Well, not that they care, but Trion definitely threw gasoline on the fire with several members of my clan last night. One guy hasnt been able to complete an arena since they came out, and another went through days of waiting for content he paid for (and still is having issues with arenas, sieges, and arkfalls). They couldnt believe that Trion could care less about their problems, but instead chose to show appreciation to only the NA PS3 owners.

This decision still amazes me.

Iceberg
08-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Of course, us Xbox 360 players have had smooth sailing this week. The DLC we paid for was right there on time, and we all were able to play it non stop with no disconnects or lag.

Yeah, right. Thanks for another great decision Trion. Time for me to support another game.

Not like some of us on the PC could even play the game once microsoft sent out a update that crashed games upon launching them. We had to wait until this update/DLC patch came out before we could finally get on and play. At least this gave me some time to kick my addiction to this game. :p

dreadi
08-25-2013, 07:17 AM
The game and show is American so I suppose NA is their main player base who need the sweeteners ;-)
I didn't even know they got boosts until I looked on here late Saturday and I started a thread on Friday asking if we could get full boosts for all this weekend lol...oh well :-P

Misfit501
08-25-2013, 07:30 AM
All the hackers and jtags on xbox is why I don't use it anymore. Oh yea and because Don Mattrick is a jerk.

hey u
08-25-2013, 09:30 AM
I am on Ps3 I was on last night and have yet to get on today but good God everything was so buffed down on health and on damage. It reminded me of that commercial so easy a cave man can do it well defiance last night was so easy a caveman could play it. I really do hope after I go eat and my COFFEE that when I hop back on it is more hard.

PseudoCool
08-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Seriously?

Wow.. that's fair of Trion to give only one segment of one platform a "bonus" while the rest of us get the big air-5 from em.

Every platform had problems in one form or the other with the DLC.. actually that's normal for those of us who've been gaming awhile, and usually without any type of "hey, thanks for putting up with x,y, or z being wrong this week, so here, take some boosts as our way of saying Thanks!"

Still doesn't make it right.. nor does it make it right that only one segment of one crappy console get's the bonus...

Skip it.. ya'll just jump over to the dark side of PC's.. heck, a new pc that can run Defiance at the same or better specs than your next gen consoles costs THE SAME as your next gen consoles! Imagine that! The PC is calling you.. it's calling you... you want to run to it.. the pc is your friend...you want to play defiance on it.. go to your PC.. put down that controller and go to your pcc......

SSlarg
08-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey guys -

Thank You!
I appreciate the boosts (especally Loot)

Pandur
08-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey guys -

I can understand that PS3 had it hardest but it's simply not smart to only activate it on one platform/region. It was quite obvious how the reaction would turn out. Should have activated it on each platform/region just for peace's sake.

ten4
08-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Hey guys -

Yea, I could not play for over a week due to the MS security patch botch up where someone on your end obviously took a short cut but that apparently is not worthy of 'thanks for your patience' I guess.

Teddymouse
08-25-2013, 06:30 PM
360 servers just went down again and have done so almost every night since the DLC. Yet we do not warrant a boost weekend?