PDA

View Full Version : Rift Storm Legion, Steam Pre-order Do I get 30 days free if I have played rift before

Soliex
04-01-2013, 11:38 AM
title says it all, I used to play rift but not currently subscribed. If I activate the Storm Legion and apply a credit card, will I get 30 days for free? Or is that only for new accounts entirely?

Thanks for clarification!

Valethar
04-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Unless you get the $70 CE version, no. The standard version of Storm Legion does not include game time.

However, following the link from the Defiance bonuses, it gives the impression that you're getting the package that includes Rift as well, which would give game time.

This might be a question better asked of the folks at Steam, because the link they're using is somewhat misleading and there isn't a disclaimer of any sort on the Defiance bonus page.

Mechman
04-01-2013, 11:50 AM
The blurb below Rift on steam says:

Credit Card Required: A valid credit card is required to play this game, and additional, recurring subscription fees apply.
Notice: Access to the full RIFT game via downloadable client, and one (1) month subscription included for new accounts.

I take the "New Accounts" as meaning only new accounts get the 30 days free sub, but I'm not positive....

Lyme047
04-01-2013, 11:57 AM
I used to play Rift as well. I took the code from steam, went to my rift account on their site, and applied it. It asked for a credit card for a subscription, but in the bill it said something along the lines of "One Month Subscription (14.99) - Total 0.00". Seemed weird, but I never got charged and have 30 days on my account.

TL;DR - I used to play, and I still got 30 days free.

Soliex
04-01-2013, 12:25 PM
I used to play Rift as well. I took the code from steam, went to my rift account on their site, and applied it. It asked for a credit card for a subscription, but in the bill it said something along the lines of "One Month Subscription (14.99) - Total 0.00". Seemed weird, but I never got charged and have 30 days on my account.

TL;DR - I used to play, and I still got 30 days free.

Thanks, went ahead and did that as well and can confirm it works. Just something to do today until defiance tonight!

ironhands
04-01-2013, 12:32 PM
I asked a GM earlier today, they said no.