PDA

View Full Version : How does mouselook feel?

Raserei
04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Some games when released aren't optimized and the mouse can feel very "delayed" when moving. I haven't tried Defiance yet so I was curious to hear if the mouse movement is fluent.

I saw in a video that there wasn't any raw input, which is why I asked this question.

Xtheoneandonly
04-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Some games when released aren't optimized and the mouse can feel very "delayed" when moving. I haven't tried Defiance yet so I was curious to hear if the mouse movement is fluent.

I saw in a video that there wasn't any raw input, which is why I asked this question.

Mouselook is fine and smooth, depending on your settings. The only place it feels clunky at all is when scoped in.

Yars Revenge
04-01-2013, 12:15 PM
The mouselook feels great to me. I haven't played a shooter on PC since Unreal and this has excellent control compared to the console CoDs I've been on in the past years.

Quirky
04-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Mouselook is fine and smooth, depending on your settings. The only place it feels clunky at all is when scoped in.

Sadly this is the case. Was hoping adjusting Mouse sensitivity would change that but apparently not. Hope they bring in a separate option to adjust it.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-01-2013, 12:54 PM

Feels fine here also. Using Logitech G700. But again. G700S<--extra S. Is coming out next week Monday. 8200dpi instead of 5700dpi.

Skydive
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't usually change mouse sensitivity settings on shooters, so this can probably give you a good benchmark

Only recent shooter I played recently with a similar control method is Mass Effect series and Saint's row the third. I noticed very little difference in Defiance, I may needed only a fraction more "travel" to make the same adjustment to aiming a head-shot, not noticable enough to be overly significant or requiring a lot of time to adjust to.

Prophet of Entropy
04-01-2013, 12:57 PM
i didnt have a problem with how my mouse felt, scoped in or not. but i do agree it would be nice if there was 2 mouse sensitivity settings.

Senel
04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
The wasn't any delay or drag to the mouse and everything felt very smooth while playing.

Smauzt
04-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Hopefully you can remove/change the hardware acceleration/smoothing for mouse either in-game or using .ini settings later on :)

Regards, Smauzt

Valethar
04-01-2013, 01:29 PM

And when in a vehicle. It's got some derpy 'snap lock' mechanic that always wants to force the view to the front, even when you're not moving. If you try to pan around the vehicle, it keeps trying to revert back to the forward view.

Xtheoneandonly
04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
And when in a vehicle. It's got some derpy 'snap lock' mechanic that always wants to force the view to the front, even when you're not moving. If you try to pan around the vehicle, it keeps trying to revert back to the forward view.

Oh don't get me started on the driving....That is one thing I cannot stand in these games. Why do they insist on making mounts have independent steering in relation to the camera? I use mouselook so that I can steer by moving the mouse, not by using a&d...steering like that is clunky in my opinion....why can't you steer a mount the same way you can steer a character?