PDA

View Full Version : Resetting your main quest line will reset your arena progress.

Arsenic_Touch
08-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Just discovered this. Managed gold in all 5 arenas, then decided "hey, I'm going to redo the storyline" then I wanted to do a few more arenas, now I have to run through the DLC questline again, getting silver in all 5 arenas, again.

Another thing, they changed the mission rewards for the restart. They used to give a random item, now they're back to awarding the same item you received during the main missions the first time around. Which, if you remember were pretty crappy and the only upside of redoing the mission was a chance at random loot.

Trion it'd be real nice if you would actually tell us these sort of things.

Given that the DLC has nothing to do with the main storyline, it should've been treated like the episodic content and have nothing to do with the reset.

Sanguinesun
08-24-2013, 11:19 PM

Did you give the blue pill a lick? :P I mean this is consistent par for the course for Trion hehe.

Rasczak
08-25-2013, 12:11 AM
The amount of what-the-hell moments with this Team is nearing an event horizon.

Arsenic_Touch
08-25-2013, 12:19 AM
The amount of what-the-hell moments with this Team is nearing an event horizon.

I for one will welcome Dr. Weir when he arrives.

duction
08-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Yup, last trion game I will ever buy :)

Alexri
08-25-2013, 12:51 AM
How is this bad? The arena questline gives a ton of rep, and takes less than an hour to finish unless you're seriously horrible at this game. The chance of getting a good item in the main questline is tiny anyways, so you can just go buy a tier 2 lockbox and compensate for it.

Rasczak
08-25-2013, 01:27 AM
How is this bad? The arena questline gives a ton of rep, and takes less than an hour to finish unless you're seriously horrible at this game. The chance of getting a good item in the main questline is tiny anyways, so you can just go buy a tier 2 lockbox and compensate for it.

Well, how is it good, either, for those that don't want to go through it again? Trion Worlds gave absolutely no indication that resetting the main storyline missions would also reset the Arena, especially when the two are entirely disconnected. It makes no logical sense in the slightest, considering that resetting the main storyline missions does not reset the side quests that were actually connected with them.

You also assume that they even enjoyed the Arena enough to care about grinding the associated Rep.

DeadMike
08-25-2013, 02:05 AM
I see that as a good thing. Those arena missions give you tons of faction rep. Being able to redo them is awesome.

Alexri
08-25-2013, 02:20 AM
especially when the two are entirely disconnected

It's a quest line that's not part of an episode and not just a random side mission. Makes perfect sense to have it classified as a story mission, since it's, well, a story.

If people don't care about the arenas they shouldn't care about them being reset. If people do care about the arenas it will take them half an hour to redo all of them at silver level. of all the things Trion has done to us, this doesn't seem worthy of even going on the list.

Pyth
08-25-2013, 10:35 AM
That's good lookin out Arsenic.

And in terms of main quest loot, I actually prefer the set drops. Some of those weapons were pretty good and I junked them back in the day not knowing any better. Besides, all the random stuff we got was terrible too.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
08-25-2013, 10:39 AM

You only really get that mass amount of rep when you get gold for the first time. Then its just 25 per shot. If resetting the main story resets the arena's AND we can get that rep bonus again then YES PLEASE. I'll go do that and have my 500 rep points before I know it. :D

DeadMike
08-25-2013, 05:52 PM
You only really get that mass amount of rep when you get gold for the first time. Then its just 25 per shot. If resetting the main story resets the arena's AND we can get that rep bonus again then YES PLEASE. I'll go do that and have my 500 rep points before I know it. :D
That mass rep isn't for getting gold. Getting gold on all of them is only required by the pursuits, which only gives you ego points. The mass amount of rep is given to you for completing the arena quest line, which only requires you to get silver in each arena.

antlad
08-26-2013, 10:53 AM
How do you get to second arena? I have gotten silver a few times in first one.

Troy Shepard
08-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Another thing, they changed the mission rewards for the restart. They used to give a random item, now they're back to awarding the same item you received during the main missions the first time around. Which, if you remember were pretty crappy and the only upside of redoing the mission was a chance at random loot.

Now this is a good thing. Now we can get a Detu Ara(Pistol) at a higher level. I just hope they gave this unique pistol stat boots... I hope... Can't remember if the El Diablo(SMG) falls under the main story a quest item. If so it should fall in line.

Arsenic_Touch
08-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Now this is a good thing. Now we can get a Detu Ara(Pistol) at a higher level. I just hope they gave this unique pistol stat boots... I hope... Can't remember if the El Diablo(SMG) falls under the main story a quest item. If so it should fall in line.

...quest items have never scaled, what makes you think they would now? they're the same crappy items you get the first time through.

WARDUKE
08-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Just discovered this. Managed gold in all 5 arenas, then decided "hey, I'm going to redo the storyline" then I wanted to do a few more arenas, now I have to run through the DLC questline again, getting silver in all 5 arenas, again.

Given that the DLC has nothing to do with the main storyline, it should've been treated like the episodic content and have nothing to do with the reset.

That's a pretty big bug right there. I bet they didn't even know they did this till you posted it. I don't think anyone on Test completed all the missions and arena to test such a thing.

August Barkley
08-26-2013, 12:50 PM
It`s a trap!