PDA

View Full Version : So where when and how do a European guy with no way of watching syfy watch the show?

Bone
04-01-2013, 12:05 PM
So where when and how do a European guy with no way of watching syfy watch the show without being a "pirate" cause I would like to support with the view count? and if impossible I'll just have to find my own way. :)

The Hoff
04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Hello! I believe someone stated in a previous thread I was lurking on that iTunes will have the episodes available for download,which in turn means purchase! hope this helps!

-The Hoff

DustOfDeath
04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
you cant support it.
You can support the retaiels that will eventually sell DVD-s and such, but then you would also pay into their wallets also (like amazon and apple).

Komakala
04-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Xbox video has a season pass available on it as well.

The Hoff
04-01-2013, 12:10 PM

Awesome! Which means PSN should as well! You are all set!

pieofdeath123
04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Really for how much?

Komakala
04-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I don't remember the price, it was between 2200 and 3200 MS points. I think it came out to about $25

Edit: Looked it up on xbox.com it's 2000 MS Points for HD, 1440 for SD

ironhands
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11644-so.-about-the-tv-series.I-can-t-watch-the-first-14mins%28from-Finland%29&highlight=can%27t+watch

UsuallyDope
04-01-2013, 12:30 PM
hulu.com as well...

DustOfDeath
04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
hulu is not available in EU -_-

And need to consider that most likely its not going to be a 25$ or so in eu.. rather 25€ (which is roughly 30-40% more).

Plus there might be week or more delays before it becomes available on similar sites that sell acess/downloads. While illegal optiosn would have them just barely minutes after it airs.

Travie
04-01-2013, 12:40 PM
The only thing I'm worried about for these people is the possibility that there will be events that start right after an episode ends on TV... in which case they won't know they should be attending or even what is going on!

Bone
04-01-2013, 12:44 PM
The only thing I'm worried about for these people is the possibility that there will be events that start right after an episode ends on TV... in which case they won't know they should be attending or even what is going on!

Yeah :'( .... Europeans always draw that shortest straw...

stragen001
04-01-2013, 12:53 PM

The way I understand it, is that there will be content that relates to the episodes available ingame minutes after the episode finishes airing, but it will be available until the next episode. This gives people plenty of time to complete the weeks content :)

I am in the UK, so it airs on syfy the day after it airs in the US. I just need to hold off playing the content until I have seen the episode

fsol
04-01-2013, 01:07 PM
http://www.tvshow7.eu/

(tvshow hasnt go it yet but supernaturel always has links the evening htey air about 20 min after the broadcast so)

or

http://www.sidereel.com/_television/search?q=defiance&commit=submit

ten4
04-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Don't own a TV and never will again so I will be in the dark. Not that it matters, this TV/game tie in looks to be extremely misleading.

note. watched that 14 min preview of first ep and it looks pretty bad in the acting department. Effects look good though.

Bone
04-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Don't own a TV and never will again so I will be in the dark. Not that it matters, this TV/game tie in looks to be extremely misleading.

note. watched that 14 min preview of first ep and it looks pretty bad in the acting department. Effects look good though.

Someone seem mad that he don't own a TV ;) jk

ten4
04-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Someone seem mad that he don't own a TV ;) jk

Around 5 years ago, when 'reality' TV and 10 million versions of CSI (and knock offs) became the norm: I physically threw my tv out the back door and promptly cancelled cable shortly there after. If I watch 'tv', it's on a DVD or not at all.

Bigbulk91
04-01-2013, 01:16 PM
I do believe they will be having the episodes on the Playstation Store (I've seen it in the video section) and maybe XBLA. Who knows, they may even appear on Netflix, Lovefilm and Blinkbox.

Delte
04-01-2013, 01:17 PM
PS3 in the UK has Defiance listed in the Store looks like we can buy each episode from there. Not to bad a price either.

Xirn
04-01-2013, 01:19 PM
ehm... eztv.it anyone?

Thee Apothecary
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
The way I understand it, is that there will be content that relates to the episodes available ingame minutes after the episode finishes airing, but it will be available until the next episode. This gives people plenty of time to complete the weeks content :)

I am in the UK, so it airs on syfy the day after it airs in the US. I just need to hold off playing the content until I have seen the episode

technically less than 24 hours if you add the fact of time difference

Wrathful_Badger
04-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm getting the show on Amazon so I can stream it wherever I want to watch it. I would get it on the PS3 but that would restrict me to having to sit in my living room to watch it. Sometimes that isn't an option.

Monkheal
04-01-2013, 01:34 PM
There is a slight possibility that Syfy.com will have the show on their own site as well to promote it to people without cable etc. Most networks do this nowadays but I cant confirm whether or not they will.