PDA

View Full Version : Anti Cheat Engine ? Trion have to react here.

Abraxsus
04-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Hello all,

we have a huge problem, at BETA all was Client based ... so making of hacks is terrible easy...

+ teleport
+ no recoil
+ no swing
+ speed
+ unlimited health
+ aimbot

Please react fast and help keeping this game alive .... without any protection the game will die before the 2. TV Season will begin.

DEFIANCE FOR LEGAL PLAYERS !!!!

JOIN US NOW - VOTE FOR ANTY CHEAT PROTECTION

There are not only BUGS and Bandits out there ... we got Alien cheater technology too...

Muffinman
04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
As it is an MMO, it is mostly server based, making it extremely difficult to hack, or cheat. Where did you get that it was client based?

The Hoff
04-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm thinking this is some sort of April Fools joke...

Bone
04-01-2013, 12:18 PM
O.o dude... you been standing too long under the sun man...

Oddy
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Not sure about it being client based, but I did see people switching their toons while in game. There were more than a few of these going on. I wasn't sure if it was possible or not. Basically what happened was that I would see a player standing there(lets call him Simon) and Simon would change from a Human male to a human female while riding a T-rex and then change to something else. I saw this with about 20 different players before I just ignored it, although I did report it. So, being that I couldn't do it I am wondering if it was a hack or just something I didn't know how to do. I doubt it can just be done on command without a hack, otherwise why pick any character to build at the beginning and why have extra space for different toons?

PookLove
04-01-2013, 12:31 PM
That's why I'm getting this on Xbox, very few 'hacks'.

Oddy
04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
LMAO, Xbox has hackers galore. Any COD game, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, LFD, LFD2, Battlefield 3 . . . only one I don't know about is Halo because I don't know anyone who plays it, but I know many people who hack at the ones I listed.

Arinzal
04-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Trion has asked us on the livestreams to stop asking about anti hacking. If they told us then the hackers will know and it will be a losing battle.

Myrken
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Close to the launch is when the crazies start to show up.....

"oh w8 I'm on one of those threads again".....:p

Nubile
04-01-2013, 12:47 PM
there are no current hacks for mass purchase to the public for mmo's in general, it is a myth

only a very few coders can hack a server based game such as this

If you go to the general forum section for any of the most well know hacker sites you will see their staff is saying they will not be hacking this game for the public

This is one of the things I am so happy about with this game, being served based, if it was client based it would be hacked to hell

You won't have to worry about this stuff in Defiance

Lasse B
04-01-2013, 12:52 PM
OP is right actually, lots of stuff is client-side and therefore easy (...ier) to cheat. I'm certainly not the only one who noticed how flawless hit detection worked even though the server was clearly lagging at times.

Not sure about it being client based, but I did see people switching their toons while in game. There were more than a few of these going on. I wasn't sure if it was possible or not. Basically what happened was that I would see a player standing there(lets call him Simon) and Simon would change from a Human male to a human female while riding a T-rex and then change to something else. I saw this with about 20 different players before I just ignored it, although I did report it. So, being that I couldn't do it I am wondering if it was a hack or just something I didn't know how to do. I doubt it can just be done on command without a hack, otherwise why pick any character to build at the beginning and why have extra space for different toons?
I've seen that too, but I figured it was a bug that makes a toon switch from its customized look to the default look for its class and back again.

soarra
04-01-2013, 01:02 PM
OP is right actually, lots of stuff is client-side and therefore easy (...ier) to cheat. I'm certainly not the only one who noticed how flawless hit detection worked even though the server was clearly lagging at times.

I've seen that too, but I figured it was a bug that makes a toon switch from its customized look to the default look for its class and back again.

well after playing the alpha and 2 of the weekends i can say neither i nor the rest of my guild who got in found any hacks/cheaters. But day before release all the whiners who havent even played it yet come in and start complaining.

Nubile
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
potential to hack or not, do the research yourself

there are really only about 3 top ranked pay/hack websites, the free ones get caught easy

do a search for Defiance on their forums and you will find the staff repeatedly saying they have no interest in wasting time hacking or attempting to hack this game

clearly I am not promoting any of these hack sites with links, but they aren't hard to find on the net

Valethar
04-01-2013, 01:19 PM
LMAO, Xbox has hackers galore. Any COD game, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, LFD, LFD2, Battlefield 3 . . . only one I don't know about is Halo because I don't know anyone who plays it, but I know many people who hack at the ones I listed.

Halo was rife with cheaters. The only way to play a legit game was to play with people you knew didn't cheat, and host it yourself. Hell, in many cases it wasn't the players as much as it was the servers and admins modding things in their favor, so they could stomp anyone stupid enough to log in.

Kennedy
04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
*snip*
You won't have to worry about this stuff in Defiance

Yea... I don't know bout that...