PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Edition Beta Questions

killnay
01-21-2013, 10:31 AM
I jsut preordered the ultimate edition through gamestop because it's the only way you can get it. It comes with a guarenteed beta invite for all future betas, but how does Trion (ie defiance) know that i've preordered because it takes you through gamestop. I want to maek sure that i get the key.

Laughter
01-21-2013, 10:32 AM
I jsut preordered the ultimate edition through gamestop because it's the only way you can get it. It comes with a guarenteed beta invite for all future betas, but how does Trion (ie defiance) know that i've preordered because it takes you through gamestop. I want to maek sure that i get the key.

Gamestop will most likely email or physical mail you a special key for beta.

killnay
01-21-2013, 10:36 AM
i checked my email i have my order confirmation from gamestop but nothing else.

Iceman
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Good luck. In the week leading up to this last beta we just had, so many people we having trouble getting in even after applying a beta key they had received from a website working with Trion. If gamestop didn't even give you a code, i'm not sure how well it will work for you. Lets hope Trion's cooperation with gamestop is better than it was with the websites Zam and MMORPG the last time. I wish you luck.

SixShot
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Thinking of getting the ultimate my self but i ask the same question and i am in EU it means shipping alone would cost me another 40 Bucks, it becomes quite steep. Would be nice to hear something about EU soon before ultimate vanishes or if there is an separate amount for NA and EU.

gkgnight
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
So i jsut got done talking to a couple people in the gamestop corporate offices. And this is the low-down for BETA keys for physical editions of the game.

Gamestop is getting the BETA keys generated today, so once they get them they'll email them out to everyone in about 2 buisiness days.

cab0218
01-21-2013, 11:49 AM
So do we get a beta invite to whatever system we pre order for?

gkgnight
01-21-2013, 11:58 AM
So do we get a beta invite to whatever system we pre order for?

it depends on if they are letting the other systems into the BETA, i.e. trion may do a pc only beta, or a ps3 only beta for that event. But you'll get your key according to someone named Aaron at Gamestop corporate in customer service

cab0218
01-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Well I ordered the standard edition on Amazon so we will see what happens. I will try to ask them and see if they know. They prolly wont. They should do a beta for all the systems in my opinion.

strfish
01-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Just pre ordered at game stop the ultimate edition but it says the collectors on the receipt, just noticed this do think I should go back later to see if the guy got the right thing. Sorry to post this here.

cab0218
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
I would go back to make sure. They sometimes can make mistakes.

Viciouz
01-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Just pre ordered at game stop the ultimate edition but it says the collectors on the receipt, just noticed this do think I should go back later to see if the guy got the right thing. Sorry to post this here.

I pre-ordered the UE and on my receipt it says Defiance Ultimate Edition GameStop Exclusive 1 $149.99

strfish
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
I will go tomorrow after class, I only put down $25.

Maric
01-21-2013, 04:38 PM

My GS receipt specifically says 'Defiance GS Exclusive Ed'. The Collectors Ed is the $99 one. I know this because my cashier screwed up on initial ring up.

Tenz
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
im not sure if anyone mentioned it but i think the ultimate edition look like you can only get it threw game stop

Zoo
01-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Well im preordering 5 of the $150 editions for me (2) and 3 friends.
I might change to the $100 edition, as i don't really know what the bonus of the 1,2000 bits are as i don't know what they are.

Doc
01-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Well im preordering 5 of the $150 editions for me (2) and 3 friends.
I might change to the $100 edition, as i don't really know what the bonus of the 1,2000 bits are as i don't know what they are.

I think the season pass alone will be worth the extra money and the 12000 bits are just a bonus. I don't think anyone could really argue that you should at least get the CE. Those are some nice incintives IMO.