PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Question~

Bunnikinz
04-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Does Pre-ordering from steam mean that you will have to download the Defiance Client Through Steam? or Can I download through Trion and play there using the Steam CD Key i will get?

How does it work exactly? Will I still be able to use my Trion Account? I already made a Trion account for Defiance with the EGO Codes? Will I be able to Link it to my Steam account or is it something totally diffrent?

Monstein
04-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I put the code into my trion account I got from steam and used the trion client. I am not a fan of having steam running all the time.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Does Pre-ordering from steam mean that you will have to download the Defiance Client Through Steam? or Can I download through Trion and play there using the Steam CD Key i will get?

How does it work exactly? Will I still be able to use my Trion Account? I already made a Trion account for Defiance with the EGO Codes? Will I be able to Link it to my Steam account or is it something totally diffrent?

Who made the game? trion or steam? Trion. So there for steam is the e-retailer.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?6054-Steam-Pre-Order-Your-CD-KEY-location&p=87614#post87614
1. Buy the game on steam.
2. get the CD-Key from steam
3. Enter the 2 code to your Trion Account.
4. Go to management>Defiance PC> download client
5. ???
6. Profit... I mean games starts tomorrow.

Jesse
04-01-2013, 12:18 PM

You can download from Steam or Trion. Most who plan to play at 12:01 AM Eastern tonight are downloading via Trion since Steam isn't releasing until later April 2nd (or so their countdown timer shows). Yes, enter your Steam CD Key into Trion to download the client via Trion.

Steam is simply a portal to the game, you still use your Trion account to access so I'd imagine you shouldn't need to link anything from Steam to Trion to get perks. Just make sure you enter your Steam CD Key into Trion and you should be OK.

Jesse
04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Who made the game? trion or steam? Trion. So there for steam is the e-retailer.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?6054-Steam-Pre-Order-Your-CD-KEY-location&p=87614#post87614
1. Buy the game on steam.
2. get the CD-Key from steam
3. Enter the 2 code to your Trion Account.
4. Go to management>Defiance PC> download client
5. ???
6. Profit... I mean games starts tomorrow.

Those damn profitable gnomes!

Bunnikinz
04-01-2013, 12:26 PM
The Reason I asked is because purchasing from Steam you get additional bonus than from Trion so I thought the game must be played on steam or something like that..., I was not sure how that worked. So Steam will give two code upon purchase? CD Key + Promo Code for Extra Items?

Jesse
04-01-2013, 12:49 PM
The Reason I asked is because purchasing from Steam you get additional bonus than from Trion so I thought the game must be played on steam or something like that..., I was not sure how that worked. So Steam will give two code upon purchase? CD Key + Promo Code for Extra Items?

I got two keys from Steam and I entered both into Trion. Then once you get in game on launch, you go to the in-game store and claim your rewards.