PDA

View Full Version : comment in the show about game backpack capacity

Lasse B
08-25-2013, 11:53 AM
As you know, we're expecting to have an ark hunter from the game appear in the TV show next season. What I think would be hilarious is if one of the show's main characters (preferably Nolan) makes a remark about the unusually high weight of the ark hunter's backpack, something like "jeez, whatcha got in there, a roller?".

Wouldn't be surprised if I was alone with this kind of humor though.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
08-25-2013, 11:55 AM
That would actually be really funny, and a neat allude to how adventures in games have black hole pockets/backpacks. xD

Cylumne
08-25-2013, 11:59 AM
ironic but witty...... sadly the game and the show have nothing but a strained as best relation to each other the shows paltry acting typically state's it will be canceled forthright like so many other short lived series syfy has produced/ran! :/ as far as the game it has allready long went dead due to lack of content /lack of challenge and far to much grinding

Cylumne
08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
p.s this thread belongs in off topic not general game discussion :/

Indra Echo
08-25-2013, 12:03 PM
As you know, we're expecting to have an ark hunter from the game appear in the TV show next season. What I think would be hilarious is if one of the show's main characters (preferably Nolan) makes a remark about the unusually high weight of the ark hunter's backpack, something like "jeez, whatcha got in there, a roller?".

Wouldn't be surprised if I was alone with this kind of humor though.
This kind of stuff would be humorous. How about having someone show up with a shiny new Raptor and offer Nolan a ride somewhere. And have Nolan comment that he could walk faster (seriously I love the Raptor with friends-get some of our best laughs about trying to go up a hill in it with everyone groaning like it will help).

Cylumne
08-25-2013, 12:05 PM
This kind of stuff would be humorous. How about having someone show up with a shiny new Raptor and offer Nolan a ride somewhere. And have Nolan comment that he could walk faster (seriously I love the Raptor with friends-get some of our best laughs about trying to go up a hill in it with everyone groaning like it will help).

the voices in your head are not your friends ....

Indra Echo
08-25-2013, 12:05 PM
ironic but witty...... sadly the game and the show have nothing but a strained as best relation to each other the shows paltry acting typically state's it will be canceled forthright like so many other short lived series syfy has produced/ran! :/ as far as the game it has allready long went dead due to lack of content /lack of challenge and far to much grinding

Dead for you. Sad that cynicism is a constant companion. Loads of people playing from where I stand-not so for you? Well, hasta la vista, baby.

Indra Echo
08-25-2013, 12:07 PM

Enjoy yourself--this is your version of fun and not mine. Real hatred over a video game--so sad.:D

OP, great idea and no doubt a lot to work with along those lines. And I do apologize to you--this should be a fun thread.

Cylumne
08-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Dead for you. Sad that cynicism is a constant companion. Loads of people playing from where I stand-not so for you? Well, hasta la vista, baby.

I've been in the game far longer than you and your pedantic Muppetry and will continue to be so...your attempts at "trolling" have been reported as have your continued attempts at hijacking threads with continued off topic crap which is a severe breech of forum etiquette which has gone on for long enough

NomadPhx
08-25-2013, 12:13 PM

considering how challenging the last arena is id say no lol. the solo missions have the real challenge because theres just you, your self revive and no one to help. the Dark Matter arkfall is pretty challenging to get done on time sometimes too, but sieges are easy. just strap on the Frontier SAW from top notch like everyone else lol

NomadPhx
08-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I've been in the game far longer than you and your pedantic Muppetry and will continue to be so...your attempts at "trolling" have been reported as have your continued attempts at hijacking threads with continued off topic crap which is a severe breech of forum etiquette which has gone on for long enough

is it lonely alllllllllllll the way up there on your pedestal?

SlimShady78
08-25-2013, 12:15 PM
When I read the title I wasn't sure what I would find.

This is actually hilarious and would be ace if it happened. Don't put this thread in off topic as its a warm change to have somthing positive or even humorous instead of constant *****ing.

NomadPhx
08-25-2013, 12:17 PM
When I read the title I wasn't sure what I would find.

This is actually hilarious and would be ace if it happened. Don't put this thread in off topic as its a warm change to have somthing positive or even humorous instead of constant *****ing.

its on the topic of defiance's show and game, how is that off topic anyway?

Cylumne
08-25-2013, 12:25 PM
considering how challenging the last arena is id say no lol. the solo missions have the real challenge because theres just you, your self revive and no one to help. the Dark Matter arkfall is pretty challenging to get done on time sometimes too, but sieges are easy. just strap on the Frontier SAW from top notch like everyone else lol

with the appropriate "load out" as well as ego lvl/perk's and weapons the arenas are a proverbial "cake walk" I have as of yet had a single failure to complete the "dark matter" arkfall's especially considering the huge boosts you get along with properly applying head shots and knowing the "weak points" and fallowing the ego calls /paying attention to surroundings the only issue with them are the "noobs" who try to play them and "waste" the timed power up rotations then expect others to stop and revive them because they die because they choose to use low dps weapons such as saw's,dets ,launchers which are inherently worthless with the continued "nerfing".....

A s0t
08-25-2013, 12:28 PM
I've been in the game far longer than you and your pedantic Muppetry and will continue to be so...your attempts at "trolling" have been reported as have your continued attempts at hijacking threads with continued off topic crap which is a severe breech of forum etiquette which has gone on for long enoughquickly the forum police to the rescue

Mr Pain
08-25-2013, 01:55 PM
The winner pulls a little cube out of his pack and it goes transformer style in to a roller.... Priceless

WARDUKE
08-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Wouldn't matter if the acting was stellar and the plots deep and rich. Syfy cancels shows for no other reason than not profitable enough. Doesn't matter to them if it in fact makes a profit, it has to make as much of a profit as wrestling or it gets canned in two seasons, but stretched over four years. I hate Syfy channel.

Lasse B
08-25-2013, 02:46 PM
(...) one of the show's main characters (preferably Nolan) makes a remark about the unusually high weight of the ark hunter's backpack, [saying] something like "jeez, whatcha got in there, a roller?".

The ark hunter pats on a pocket attached to his belt a couple of time and says with a grin "nope, I actually got that in here", as that's actually where we "equip" our vehicles in the game.

But that would be overdoing it.

Celke
08-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Something like this you mean? :D

hmm, pic is too smal, click the pic to see it in original size.

SSlarg
08-25-2013, 03:53 PM

you're just jealous that they don't talk to you!

;)