PDA

View Full Version : Item rareness?

soadman
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi guys I know there is item rareness etc. Question is will there be an auction house?

fang1192
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi guys I know there is item rareness etc. Question is will there be an auction house?

Not at launch but sledge says trion is considering it

soadman
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Suppose it just depends on just how rare items are I suppose. Hopefully they do!

inthegamewayne
04-01-2013, 12:48 PM
To me an auction house isn't needed. I like the fact that the game is tight with money. It means that you have to consider what you want to buy. I think that if you get an AH it will devalue loot as it'll be readily available as opposed to earnt. Everyone knows that those lightning SMG's with no recoil will be all over it for crazy money.

As the modding for weapons isn't really that difficult in terms of resources it isn't needed for that either. If there was a more in depth crafting system I could see the need for one then. However just for weapons I say no thank you.

soadman
04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
I am undecided. I like the AH idea but will need to wait and see as I didn't play the beta! Just so excited for tomorrow morning!

inthegamewayne
04-01-2013, 01:01 PM
I am undecided. I like the AH idea but will need to wait and see as I didn't play the beta! Just so excited for tomorrow morning!

You get a load of vendors over the map and some you help to get another as well. The vendors have decent gear and have special items that are decent (blue/purple) quality fairly often and the items change every hour. So it's pretty accessible to decent gear. Honestly I don't believe the AH would be needed.

gryste
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
As long as its not like what lineage2 was like . Where people could just afk and leave a shop. Couldn't move in towns with out clicking on a shop

inthegamewayne
04-01-2013, 01:16 PM
No they are set vendors at certain places. Easy enough to find and interact with.

Kyro
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm just hoping that there even IS rare stuff, that are hard to find/get and have to work hard for... Otherwise whats the point? Oh lookey we all can get everything that's anything easily... I'm getting my pitchforks ready for that day if it comes Trion... >.>

I'm not even talking about rare as in they have the best stats, bonuses or anything that gives a advantage over other people, just rare stuff. I already know Trion isn't going down the stats is everything road, instead more about skill and how you use what you have at your disposal.

loops73
04-01-2013, 01:46 PM
no to an ah...don't worry trion will give you plenty of opportunities to spend cash in their shop after while

Lomax
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I would sort of like a AH, but i think it may work even better without one.. For example, On runescape.. (Don't laugh was years ago) but before the grand exchange sort of rubbish, it was a lot more fun to get rare items, because you would have to find someone selling that item.. which would be a task in itself, then make that person a offer that they like, as well as having the option of doing tasks for them or even swapping items for other items, rather than just buying items.. It made it a bit more difficult and fun...

That said, I do hope their are some EXTREMELY difficult items to find, to keep people happy, and entertained as they grind for the best possible gear they can for their desired class.

gryste
04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Well holds the gold farmers off a bit no AH no way for the farmers to over inflate the economy

Daholic
04-01-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm just hoping that there even IS rare stuff, that are hard to find/get... Otherwise whats the point? Oh lookey we all can get everything that's anything easily... I'm getting my pitchforks ready for that day if it comes Trion... >.>

I'm not even talking about rare as in they have the best stats, bonuses or anything that gives a advantage over other people, just rare stuff. I already know Trion isn't going down the stats is everything road, instead more about skill and how you use what you have at your disposal.

well you better get your pitch fork, becasue there isnt a weapon in the game that anyone cant get. This game caters to the "i wana be good with little to no effort at all" crowd. I give Defiance 3mnths before all players want to imncorporate a dungeon loot system..were bosses have a list of item they cn drop and the extremem rare item 1/20 chance of getting. That makes all 4man instances replayable,

Daholic
04-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Well holds the gold farmers off a bit no AH no way for the farmers to over inflate the economy

believe me, gold farmers are the last thing you have to worry about in Defiance. Why bother to gold farm and minupulate the ah when i can get the best weapons and armor by just playing the game. Trion will give away anything you need from mob drops and arkfalls.

What yall need to worry about is the looting system. Its works well for large parties and 4man co-op, allows everyone to either greed, or pass, makes it fair to all involved..and the highest number always win.