View Full Version : Dlc 2 ?

Figma
08-25-2013, 03:54 PM
So since the dlc took only few boring hours to complete 100%
When does the next one release? :rolleyes:

http://i.qkme.me/3vlj0a.jpg

Nim Shandu
08-25-2013, 04:24 PM
This thread is bound to start copycats lol. IMO they should fix things before going at DLC 2. Specifically the PS3 hard freeze issues.

Celke
08-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Storywise just 3 data recorders & the coresponding quests.

Can't really call sieges, copy paste arkfall and replace with dark matter and arena much story :)

How long have they worked on DLC, I mean, doesn't take weeks to add 3 quests with data recorder and the other stuff.

Arsenic_Touch
08-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Watch DLC 2 be along the lines of 6 data recorders, a cold fire assault rifle (since they already have the data as seen at the e3 video) and a free tier 4 lockbox. Shtako, just gave them ideas. x.x

Nim Shandu
08-25-2013, 04:29 PM
How long have they worked on DLC, I mean, doesn't take weeks to add 3 quests with data recorder and the other stuff.

Apparently, months.

ItISLupus
08-25-2013, 05:19 PM
http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/cyberpunk-2077-17.png

Rasczak
08-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Considering Defiance actually had a staff when this DLC started production, and since then they have gutted the team, closed the studio, are in process of moving it to Redwood, and at this time aren't even certain which remaining team members will be traveling 300 miles away from where they were with the game (or even if their Executive Producer will be making the move) . . . .

Sigh. I would reserve hope for anything fantastic in DLC-2. I hope they prove me wrong. I really do. Defiance needs a serious boost of content and design. But it is either going to be several months off, or be extremely lackluster.

CRIXDA
08-25-2013, 06:10 PM
I am trying to remember who the prognosticator was who said that this was going to happen.....
Was it Arsenic.....? Was it FancyPants.....? No, it was Midnight Thirteen......? Er.....Billy Guile, Maybe....?
I can't recall. Too many elbows to the head along the glass, I suppose.
Regardless of whoever called it, they called it correctly!
The filthy palms are being held up to heaven, crying for DLC 2 ALREADY!
Outstanding!
I love it. This is the kind of thing that makes me enjoy the forum so much.

3rdpig
08-25-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm still of the opinion that the roadmap and content for the DLC's was created before the game was released, then scaled back drastically when a series of events happened. Those events are, 1. The game was much buggier and harder to fix than expected, 2. Sales were lackluster, 3. a large number of staff were layed off.

I'm thinking that the content that was orginally intended for DLC 1 and maybe 2, will now be spread out between all 5 DLCs.

Of course I could be wrong, according to my ex wife the only right thing I ever did was marry her. ;)

four
08-25-2013, 07:00 PM
The game sold way better than expected, how is that lackluster? Lol

Arsenic_Touch
08-25-2013, 08:29 PM
The game sold way better than expected, how is that lackluster? Lol

Got any evidence to back that up? The game is going for 5 bucks. That's ridiculous. When the DLC is more expensive than the game itself, that tells you something.

konekowinters
08-25-2013, 08:32 PM
watch DCL 2 come out when defiance 2 comes out. pfft. There probably wont be a defiance 2 the way things are going though.

four
08-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Got any evidence to back that up? The game is going for 5 bucks. That's ridiculous. When the DLC is more expensive than the game itself, that tells you something.

yeah that's why the servers were so laggy when it first came out, they said there were way more players than they anticipated. They didn't expect the servers to be getting near that much traffic

Sanguinesun
08-25-2013, 09:10 PM
yeah that's why the servers were so laggy when it first came out, they said there were way more players than they anticipated. They didn't expect the servers to be getting near that much traffic

Defiance's 150 dev team layoffs of 70% earlier this summer, the now closed studio that housed the remaining less than 50 then, the few remaining devs mostly not planning to move to Redwood, the EU offices closing, the Community team being reduced to 3 people, and more would all like a word with you about how this 80 million dollar game supposedly sold so well by your stretch of the imagination. :P

Arsenic_Touch
08-25-2013, 09:10 PM

Server lag is your argument? HAHAHA.

Spiltmilk
08-25-2013, 09:18 PM

It seems more believable that they reduced the amount of phases available on the server rather than an increase of new players. Maybe they meant they didn't anticipate the amount of players that quit months before to be coming back all at once.

Yewa
08-25-2013, 09:22 PM
I bet the server lag is caused mostly by old people returning to check the new sieges and arkfalls.

four
08-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Lol ok and when I went on a hunt to find this game the week after it released, every store within a 20 mile radius sold out because it wasn't expected to be such a huge seller.

Sanguinesun
08-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Lol ok and when I went on a hunt to find this game the week after it released, every store within a 20 mile radius sold out because it wasn't expected to be such a huge seller.

And again...

Defiance's 150 dev team layoffs of 70% earlier this summer, the now closed studio that housed the remaining less than 50 then, the few remaining devs mostly not planning to move to Redwood, the EU offices closing, the Community team being reduced to 3 people, and more would all like a word with you about how this 80 million dollar game supposedly sold so well by your stretch of the imagination. :P

four
08-25-2013, 09:36 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?33239-Defiance-sales-numbers-Top-10-seller-in-all-major-retailers!-Good-news-for-Trion!

the game sold well when it came out.

Sanguinesun
08-25-2013, 09:40 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?33239-Defiance-sales-numbers-Top-10-seller-in-all-major-retailers!-Good-news-for-Trion!

But nuncle, if it sold so well, then why did we have...

Defiance's 150 dev team layoffs of 70% earlier this summer, the now closed studio that housed the remaining less than 50 then, the few remaining devs mostly not planning to move to Redwood, the EU offices closing, the Community team being reduced to 3 people, and more ? :rolleyes:

CRIXDA
08-25-2013, 09:59 PM
I was beginning to see a pattern developing with the replies there, something about 150 developers getting laid off or something..... somesuch? Redwood studios and only 3 people on the web community team something or other....?
Hhmmmmm. I do remember that a lot of my friend had a played Defiance and now all of those copies of the game are gone and sitting in the used pile at Lamestop.
Arsenic is right, though. When the ten dollar DLC is more expensive than the actual retail game that it is for, You have some issues there, Bub.

Eric Northman burned up?

Sanguinesun
08-25-2013, 10:02 PM
I was beginning to see a pattern developing with the replies there, something about 150 developers getting laid off or something..... somesuch? Redwood studios and only 3 people on the web community team something or other....?
Hhmmmmm. I do remember that a lot of my friend had a played Defiance and now all of those copies of the game are gone and sitting in the used pile at Lamestop.
Arsenic is right, though. When the ten dollar DLC is more expensive than the actual retail game that it is for, You have some issues there, Bub.

Eric Northman burned up?

Four's just having a hard time with denial. It just took a few times to get it to set in for em perhaps. Really at this point its like a dart board full of reasons/issues that as well scroll over onto the wall due to being so many. Close your eyes, throw a dart and you've hit the mark. :P

Bonehead
08-25-2013, 10:11 PM

looks like made up shtako to me

Atticus Batman
08-25-2013, 10:45 PM
looks like made up shtako to me

Yes he went the wrong way with his proof. He should have chosen something from outside the forum like this:

"Weekly Sales Analysis, 6 April - DEFIANCE

by William D'Angelo, posted on 12 April 2013 / 5,944 Views
Overview

Overall hardware sales decrease by 18 percent week-on-week. Week-on-week sales are down across the board. Overall year-on-year sales are down 40 percent. Also no platforms are up year-on-year. The PSP has dropped by 77 percent, the biggest by percent, while the PlayStation 3 and 3DS have the smallest drop at 32 percent.

One game debuted in the top 30 this week. DEFIANCE (X360) debuted at number three with sales of 173,399 units. The PlayStation 3 version debuted at number eight with sales of 65,174. The PC version debuted at number 10 with sales of 53,551.

Software milestones this week in the top 30: Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) passed the one million mark; Gears of War: Judgment (X360) passed the one million mark; and Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3) passed the 10 million mark.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250891/weekly-sales-analysis-6-april-defiance/"

That being said, 3rd for xbox in the top ten for ONE week does NOT show the whole picture. It just means he was right that Defiance made the top ten sales for it's release week. That doesn't really matter one way or another in the grand scale of gaming though.

MacDeath
08-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Yes he went the wrong way with his proof. He should have chosen something from outside the forum like this:

"Weekly Sales Analysis, 6 April - DEFIANCE

by William D'Angelo, posted on 12 April 2013 / 5,944 Views
Overview

Overall hardware sales decrease by 18 percent week-on-week. Week-on-week sales are down across the board. Overall year-on-year sales are down 40 percent. Also no platforms are up year-on-year. The PSP has dropped by 77 percent, the biggest by percent, while the PlayStation 3 and 3DS have the smallest drop at 32 percent.

One game debuted in the top 30 this week. DEFIANCE (X360) debuted at number three with sales of 173,399 units. The PlayStation 3 version debuted at number eight with sales of 65,174. The PC version debuted at number 10 with sales of 53,551.

Software milestones this week in the top 30: Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) passed the one million mark; Gears of War: Judgment (X360) passed the one million mark; and Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3) passed the 10 million mark.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250891/weekly-sales-analysis-6-april-defiance/"

That being said, 3rd for xbox in the top ten for ONE week does NOT show the whole picture. It just means he was right that Defiance made the top ten sales for it's release week. That doesn't really matter one way or another in the grand scale of gaming though.
The source of these numbers is VGChartz. VGChartz is somewhat accurate for consoles but not even close for PC games. Reason? VGChartz only looks at retail store sales. Console players mostly want/need a disc so buy in stores. Most PC gamers do digital downloads. No digital direct sales are counted by VGChartz. No online sales are counted by VGChartz. So any order placed thru Trion directly, or Steam, or Amazon, etc aren't counted.

I think it's safe to say that a LOT of copies of Defiance were sold in the first week plus a lot had been pre-ordered. But, IMO, that's not were Defiance revenue was ment to come from. They were expecting the players to purchase from the Store, boosts, outfits, etc. IMO, many people bought the game but quickly stopped playing. Those not playing don't buy in the store. Many of those who are playing don't buy in the store.

Trion released an extremely buggy game, they were slow to fix the bugs, so players left or stayed away, therefore revenue was low, therefore people were fired, which caused fixes to be even slower. It's a death spiral. Not enough ACTIVE players>not enough revenue>fire staff>slow content release>players leave...

ll Ham Solo ll
08-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Stop buying dlc. Problem solved. 9/10 times, it's leftout or recycled crap. In all fairness I purchased a season pass awhile ago, but not all games can be Bioshock Infinite.

Tyrannos
08-26-2013, 04:36 AM
Hi!

This thread has been closed for Trolling. If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!