PDA

View Full Version : Hellbug warriors question, for those who played beta

Kelz
04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
After playing beta 3, still wondering where is the exact critical area on a Hellbug Warrior. Tried the mouth when they're about to jump you, but it appears to only be working like half of the time. Another thing, when they're roaming around not jumping, is there a way to do more dmg to them then just 3's and 4's... ?

exxcess
04-01-2013, 01:21 PM
the tail you can do slighty more damage and the mouth is only vulnerable when he is charging towards you or about to attack, so if you keep your aim steady and wait for the charge 2-3 auto pumps or about 15 LMG bullets did it for me :) elites are slighty more hp. If you cant land enough combat roll as it is about to make contact :D

Hope that helps

Senel
04-01-2013, 01:22 PM
The mouth and their backside tended to become vulnerable at different points.

Zyvaks
04-01-2013, 01:23 PM
i think their mouths have to be fully open

if you don't like waiting just whip out a vehicle and mow 'em down

Kadirra
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.defiance.com/en/media/videos/trailers/ and go to the Enemy Intel: Hell Bugs video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DRP-M0hiIUw for direct link). The vulnerability locations are in those Enemy Intel videos. I'd recommend everyone watch each of those Enemy Intel videos to reference the vulnerable spots on all the known enemies so far.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
i think their mouths have to be fully open

if you don't like waiting just whip out a vehicle and mow 'em down

Unless of course you want any loot, because vehicle kills penalize you.

Still haven't been able to get that through peoples heads at Arkfalls when the derp brigade is smashing all of the bugs that people need to refill ammo, much less damage the crystal.

OwenBDead
04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Unless of course you want any loot, because vehicle kills penalize you.

Still haven't been able to get that through peoples heads at Arkfalls when the derp brigade is smashing all of the bugs that people need to refill ammo, much less damage the crystal.

Ugh, failed the last Major Arkfall i did at the end of beta for this reason. There was a guy driving donuts around the crystal in the van you use in one of the early missions. I think that things is invulnerable. He did it at several of the crystals, causing us to run out of time.

Went back to doing missions in disgust.

Xtheoneandonly
04-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah, from the bugs that I encountered, it's pretty much universal that the bugs don't like getting shot in the butt...Seems to be a common vulnerable spot on all of them. The warriors, the Monarchs, the Hellion....

Warlander
04-01-2013, 01:54 PM
So far all the bugs ive seen either take it in the face or the ***...theres a dirty joke here somewhere but ill leave that up to you.

Kadirra
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
The chest is a vulnerable spot for the Monarchs when they rear up, too. Basically where the glowy glands show.

Xtheoneandonly
04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
So far all the bugs ive seen either take it in the face or the ***...theres a dirty joke here somewhere but ill leave that up to you.

There's only a dirty joke if you use a shotgun...they spray everywhere....

MachFarcon
04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
The Hellbug warriors have to main "Crit" spots.

The first is inside their mouth when they charge or right after they charge. It kinda looks like a orange honeycomb.

The second is on their rear when they are charging or right after charging. They have flaps on their rear that lift up during this time. Once again, aim for the orange!

General Crit Tip: When you are shooting a "Crit" spot, you will hear a more meaty, "wet" sound when you shoot that area compared to a non "crit" area. This is true on not only enemies, but the crystals as well. I'm not the best at describing the sound, but there is a definite difference in the sounds your gun hits makes when it hits. (Unless it's a infector, then it always makes the same noise)

TL/DR: Aim for the Orange!