PDA

View Full Version : For Those of Us Who Tested the Beta....

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I was just talking with ItISLupus about how those of us who tested the beta should get something for the time we put in. Most common thing is usually something for your avatar, like a beta tester's shirt. Another idea I had was some unique in-game armor, but Lupus said no on that because part of the community would whine about it not being godlike and the other half would whine if it was godlike. Then i thought, what about a unique in-game title, like "Traveler of the old world". I thought it was a clever reference to the older code used in the beta. Lupus suggested "Experimental Ego", or something along those lines.

So what do you think would be cool to get?

Just a reminder that there have been no mentions of any sort of bonus for beta testing. This thread is purely for speculation and discussion.

loops73
04-01-2013, 01:38 PM
nothing, I have beta tested many games and hardly any give you anything... just be happy you got to play early

Major Nelson
04-01-2013, 01:39 PM
no i dont think we should get anything and we wont get aything so before you post this utilize the search bar and look at how many threads were made on this same exact topic.

mrjackdowney
04-01-2013, 01:43 PM
What do I think would be cool to get?

I guess I'd be happy just to get the GAME on the launch date. Ya know, because of my preorder 'n all. But that ain't gonna happen, 'cause the retailer I preordered from isn't going to even ship it until tomorrow, maybe. And some people who ordered fancy-smancy copies won't get them for almost two more weeks.

This is too bad, because this game NEEDS the servers online to be accessible, so it would have been fine for everyone to have a retail copy in hand prior to April 2nd. Oh well.

ItISLupus
04-01-2013, 01:44 PM
I said the same thing. but if we were to get anything. a title would be sufficient. Anything more and people would get bent out of shape

Kroesis
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
We got to see an early version of the game. That's our reward.. and also that fuzzy feeling of perhaps contributing (although likely any feedback you gave had already been fed back) a tiny bit, if only for server stress testing. I wouldn't be against Alpha testers getting a title or unique item of clothing or something. And no, I'm not an Alpha tester.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
What do I think would be cool to get?

I guess I'd be happy just to get the GAME on the launch date. Ya know, because of my preorder 'n all. But that ain't gonna happen, 'cause the retailer I preordered from isn't going to even ship it until tomorrow, maybe. And some people who ordered fancy-smancy copies won't get them for almost two more weeks.

This is too bad, because this game NEEDS the servers online to be accessible, so it would have been fine for everyone to have a retail copy in hand prior to April 2nd. Oh well.

Thats the fault of the retailer's not Trion's. I'm sure that if Trion could control it then they would.

Daholic
04-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I was just talking with ItISLupus about how those of us who tested the beta should get something for the time we put in. Most common thing is usually something for your avatar, like a beta tester's shirt. Another idea I had was some unique in-game armor, but Lupus said no on that because part of the community would whine about it not being godlike and the other half would whine if it was godlike. Then i thought, what about a unique in-game title, like "Traveler of the old world". I thought it was a clever reference to the older code used in the beta. Lupus suggested "Experimental Ego", or something along those lines.

Just a reminder that there have been no mentions of any sort of bonus for beta testing. This thread is purely for speculation and discussion.

Im assuming you mean some kind of fluff item?? They could have done in a in house beta test and made everyone wait till Apr 2...

there nothing to discuss

loops73
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM
that's nobodys fault but your own for going with a crappy retailer...bestbuy,gamestop,even walmart will have it at midnight tonight

Hostee
04-01-2013, 01:50 PM

Are you serious? You think you "deserve" something for Trion letting you play a bit of their game early?!?!?!?

And btw, you did get something... You got to PLAY a GREAT video GAME before it was released!!!! Jeeze come on people....

mrjackdowney
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah, that's why I said the RETAILER won't ship it until tomorrow. Didn't say anything About Trion in that post, did I? I posted in this thread to say I didn't want anything for playing the beta, except the retail game on the street date. I've received plenty of games at launch, on time in the past.

a4nic8er
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
what about a unique in-game title .... Lupus suggested "Experimental Ego", or something along those lines.

"EgoManiac" is my suggestion.

MAXsandwich
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Id like a special pair of goggles that'll nerf the visual effect of all the aoe explosions that undoubtedly be spammed every where I go...

Btd5025
04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Don't remind me of how awful the xbox beta was..

Some of the worst mechanics, bugs, etc, in a game I've ever seen. Hell, since the version was so much older then the beta for PS3/PC, they should've called it an xbox alpha version.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Id like a special pair of goggles that'll nerf the visual effect of all the aoe explosions that undoubtedly be spammed every where I go...

and... /thread.

That is the best idea period. xD

Bad Instincts
04-01-2013, 03:36 PM
nothing, I have beta tested many games and hardly any give you anything... just be happy you got to play early
Strongly agree.

BL00DLINES
04-01-2013, 05:14 PM
All beta testers got the play the a little bit of the game before it actually launched. Not many devs give you the opportunity before launch to play test their games. Just be thankful there was a beta at all. I am :)

Theonerayman
04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
There is some precedent for beta testers to get things. For instance with League of Legends a bunch of my friends were in the beta and they got some skins that still have never been offered. I think things like that would be great for Defiance.

Major Nelson
04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
double think

Necis Anima
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
no i dont think we should get anything and we wont get aything so before you post this utilize the search bar and look at how many threads were made on this same exact topic.

you still replied ,and bumped it up by do`n so...your such an all knowing god....bless me please.

Necis Anima
04-01-2013, 06:37 PM
You eat shiz for breakfast?